Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think Shibs has it nice. They should be able to qualify to GPF with these assignemnts without much problems :)

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I wonder why they're in Toronto.

As for whether the Shibs have it easy or not, I would never count out a hungry Bobrova/Soloviev and Elena Ilinykh is still a judges' favorite. If she and Ruslan have the right routines, there's no telling how high they'll score. Then there's Hubbell/Donahue who just keeps improving and reaching heights not many thought was possible. Then at COC, there's Weaver/Poje.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I wonder why they're in Toronto.

As for whether the Shibs have it easy or not, I would never count out a hungry Bobrova/Soloviev and Elena Ilinykh is still a judges' favorite. If she and Ruslan have the right routines, there's no telling how high they'll score. Then there's Hubbell/Donahue who just keeps improving and reaching heights not many thought was possible. Then at COC, there's Weaver/Poje.

It all depends on programs. We saw what they could do this year with good vehicles; the only thing that held them back in the past was bad ones. (Okay, and maybe some level issues, but mostly programs.) I hope they can come up with something good because it would absolutely destroy me if they pulled another 2012 on us.

Tallorder

On the Ice
Shibs in a MrBenBrown vlog. :rock:

"Hey Shibs! Been meaning to ask... how it is they can pull off becoming Rock Stars in 2 highly competitive worlds ...?"

Celine

On the Ice
A new Shibsibs vlog
Their trip to Sun valley to skate in the show at the resort. Neat behind the scenes view of the outdoor rink, which looks like a fantasy to skate on given the surroundings.

SKATING OUTSIDE. Vlog #35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAlDd44Zfd8

Almost 4 million views on their channel! :thumbsup:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

musicfan80

Medalist
The long-awaited opportunity for the Shibs to meet with Coldplay :cool: is on the occasion of this concert in Boston.

Coldplay's tour manager extended the invitation to the Shibs months ago.

Look forward to a photo or video from the Shibs :popcorn:. Very excited for them :dance2:.

Oh, my goodness! I can't believe I brain-freezed during that news! (Slinks away cause I can't follow all my figure skating news when I get busy at work :( )

I can't imagine them not posting a picture and doing a vlog! :biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

ice coverage

Record Breaker
USFS just announced that Maia and Alex have won the 2016 Readers' Choice Award from Skating magazine (aka the Michelle Kwan Trophy).

They will receive the trophy at 2017 Nats.

Wonderful honor for the Shibs today ... just a few days after they met Coldplay on Saturday. Exciting times :yay:.