Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Oh John Green...since when he switched to FS? The last time I remember he followed World Cup very closely, he even created a new Twitter account for World Cup.
But anyways I like him. And he likes the Shibs. More reason to like him.

It was back on Feb 16 (circa Sochi Games) that John Green tweeted his compliment to the Shibs.

The funny thing is that not until Oct 19 did Alex become aware of the tweet. Only then did he retweet it and reply to it.

@AlexShibutani
@johngreen Woah! Just saw this (8 months late). Thanks for the shout-out! Your YouTube channel(s) are pretty great too!
11:19 AM - 19 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/AlexShibutani/status/523901284316114944

Barb

Record Breaker
ok, I tried to like their FD but no, it is not bad but nothing new or impressive, the only really new thing and highlight was the mirror twizzles I dont know why they didnt do it here, their SD is still my favorite of all the teams, too bad the mistake in the twizzles. And may be I am exaggerating but I feel to Marina very hypocrital in her recent comments about scores and her interaction in kiss and cry with them :unsure:.
Maia and Alex looked very upset about their performance so I hope that motivate in Cup of China.

lcd

Match Penalty
ShibSibs features strikes again with a Halloween release!
Yet another different format, this time a mock movie preview complete with the traditional disclaimer about what audience is suitable. A new genre as well, comedy horror (or horror comedy?). And as always a display of collaboration amongst their global collection of skating friends with Charlie White paying the ultimate price for cutting his hair :laugh:

WHITE RING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVSK4Xi6eUQ&list=UUPB7-Ktk6nn4BBm299eL_IA

Barb

Record Breaker
ShibSibs features strikes again with a Halloween release!
Yet another different format, this time a mock movie preview complete with the traditional disclaimer about what audience is suitable. A new genre as well, comedy horror (or horror comedy?). And as always a display of collaboration amongst their global collection of skating friends with Charlie White paying the ultimate price for cutting his hair :laugh:

WHITE RING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVSK4Xi6eUQ&list=UUPB7-Ktk6nn4BBm299eL_IA

This video is gold :bow:, and next week is cup of China, though I want Elena and Ruslan do it well, I don´t want they win over Shibs, I am nervous , I think it will be a difficult event with Ana and Luca, Elena and Ruslan and Papad/Ciz.

Barb

Record Breaker
Why do you think they changed their mirror twizzles to the traditional? In both events, nepala and sa they got level 3, and less points in skate am, I dont know why, looked very well for me

And in the sd in skate america the mistake in twizzles i thought it was maia's mistake because she had one extra turn, but cheking Nepela they were.doing like.6 turns, so I guess the mistake was of Alex? He needed one more turn.

lcd

Match Penalty
Congratulations to Maia and Alex on winning the silver at Cup of China!

Obviously not the score or final placement that they were hoping for, especially leading after such a brilliant short dance. But they are showing such heart, determination and class through thick and thin. It is not just their skating that one admires, but the strength and quality of their character as well.

True fans stick with great athletes and people through the journey. I wish them well as the season marches on.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
With two silvers, I hope they are a lock for the GPF. Congrats to them!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think they are OK, provided that at least one of Chock & Bates, Weaver & Poje, and Papadakis and Cizeron win another GP, because they should win the tie break based on high score with another team who has two silvers. They lose to any team either 2 golds, a silver and a gold, or a bronze and a gold.

Standings
http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2014/gpsdance.htm
First thing is most placement points (26 for Shbutanis)
First tie break is highest placement (second for Shibutanis)
Second tie break is total points scored. (317.69 for Shibutanis)
160.33 st SkAm.
157.36 at CoC

So
SkaM
Chock & Bates gold
Shibutani silver
Stepanova & Bukin bronze

SC
Weaver & Poje gold
Gilles & Poirier silver
Hubbell Donohue bronze

CoC
Papadakis & Cizeron gold
Shibutani silver
Capellini & Lanotte bronze

competing at CoR with a GPF chance to better than Shibutanis
Chock & Bates if they finish third or better
Stepanova & Bukin only if they win
The following first compete at COR, but to stay in the hunt to beat Shibutanis, they must finish 3rd or better.
Hawayek & Baker
Coomes & Buckland
Sinitsina & Katsalapov
Potential spoiler couple at COR Ilinykh & Zhiganshin for other teams

TEB
Papadakis & Cizeron- clinch spot sbove Shibutani with bronze or better
Gilles & Poirier-beat Shibutani with a win, or higher scores and a silver
Cappellini.& Lanotte- must win to beat Shibutani
Hubbell & Donohue - must win to beat Shibutani

NHK
Weaver & Poje- clinch with bronze or better
The status of the following depend on how they did at CoR
Hawayek & Baker
Coomes & Buckland
Sinitsina & Katsalapov

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
They going to be at Ice Challenge in Austria this week :popcorn:
SD 14 nov. I did not find the time. I wonder if Massimo will be with them, because obviously Marina will be with Vict and Nik.

noskates

Record Breaker
I really, really enjoyed Maia and Alex this past weekend. I felt their free dance was finally an adult program (did not like Michael Jackson last year - wasn't dramatic enough for an Olympic Year) Maia's dress was gorgeous and Alex has such wonderful posture. IMO they look sooooooooo much better than last year. I hope they build on their recent successes.

Alba

Record Breaker
I think C&L have very slim chance to win TEB. Unless, P&C should have a bad skate which I doubt because they are in very good form.
Therefore I don't think they are going to be a danger for the Shibs.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Shibsies were awesome today! :yay: really hope they'll do just as well tomorrow

[fangirl mode] we saw Alex at the mall. My my, that's one gorgeous human being :eek:: [/]

Barb

Record Breaker
Shibsies were awesome today! :yay: really hope they'll do just as well tomorrow

[fangirl mode] we saw Alex at the mall. My my, that's one gorgeous human being :eek:: [/]

They were amazing, I prefer the first costume of Alex because this matched very well with Maia´s dress. But their performance was really good. I hope they get the podium :cheer:.
And where did you see to Alex? in Barcelona?, and yes, he is really handsome, perfect face and perfect body.