Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani

Barb

Record Breaker
Alex is so FINE i am so attracted to him :love:
That is really cute and impressive how Maia and Alex's relationship is fusional. After spending all year training and competing together, they still go on holidays together!! Or maybe they are with their parents or something but still I find it impressive.

I know, I spend like 3-4 days/year with my brother and I think is too much :p, I prefer to my sisters. And who knows, maybe they are separate doing different things at different places in the hotel/beach.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Alex apparently has a marketing deal with an upscale wristwatch company :cool::

Knew that Arctic Edge had given reserved parking spaces to Virtue/Moir and Davis/White.
But was pleasantly surprised to see signage indicating that the Shibs have one too :):

And BTW, their official website still is down. #What'sUpWithThat?

Maia and Alex working with the wonderful ballet/broadway dancer, Alex Wong
https://instagram.com/p/2rv5fUS7m_/?taken-by=maiashibutani ...

On FB, the Shibs posted photos of themselves in the process of training with Alex Wong in the dance studio.

... I hope at press conference about The Ice today they confirm the Shibs, is not The Ice without them.

Shibs going to be at Denis Ten ice show https://instagram.com/p/3YQ-zdO42J/ 20-21 june :cheer:

Sorry that Maia and Alex will not be part of The Ice this year, but great that they are in the cast for Denis Ten's shows.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
They seem all-in for this season, so it doesn't surprise me they've cut back on their show plans for the summer. Nice they got the invite for D10's show though!

Barb

Record Breaker
ok, this is totally irrelevant but I was seeing a video of someone trying to explain the stupid game (Charlie, Charlie...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkpTgQJAnYY and in the minute 4:28 appear Shibs with Charlie White :p. The picture is about people is attracted for challenges like the ice bucket challenge. But I don´t know, why they decide to use their picture ?:confused:.
Random comment, haha.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Clearly they need a devil with the unlikely name (for a devil) of Charlie?
Because it is the devil Charlie who is dumping water on the nice Shib sibs? So he must be the devil invoked to activate the Charlie, Charlie pencils? ;) :laugh2:

All wacko

Barb

Record Breaker
Clearly they need a devil with the unlikely name (for a devil) of Charlie?
Because it is the devil Charlie who is dumping water on the nice Shib sibs? So he must be the devil invoked to activate the Charlie, Charlie pencils? ;) :laugh2:

All wacko

this makes sense now :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The Shibutanis are the headliners for the Sun Valley ice show on Aug 1 :).

ETA, just randomly storing the following link here.
It's the IN video of the Shibutanis SD at 2015 Nats, with Charlie White commentary. It's viewable without a paid subscription (at least as of early July, b/c of the voting for USFS Readers' Choice/Skater(s)of the Year).
[A YouTube version of this video already is in the OP.]​

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
obviously depends of the current state of B/S but after a break for an injury I think Maia and alex have high possibilities for silver at both events :yes:

Celine

On the Ice

Celine

On the Ice
Maia and Alex's takeover of the US Olympic Team snapchat account really highlighted their creativity and personalities. It takes a lot of effort to drive as many updates as they did throughout the day.

Looks like they also filmed a special project at their rink wearing their Coldplay "O" costumes. Wonder what it is?!?

Maia and Alex also filmed an episode with Brian Boitano for his "Cooking with Team USA" series
http://www.teamusa.org/CookingWithT...x-Shibutanis-Steak-Salad-with-Ginger-Dressing

Last edited:

Celine

On the Ice
New ShibSibs video from their trip to Kazakhstan for the Denis Ten and Friends Show. The editing is superb.

Сәлем!
Last month we spent an unforgettable week in Kazakhstan. This was our first time visiting Denis Ten's home country. Denis was one of the first friends we made at our first Junior Grand Prix back in 2008.

While this was the third year of #DenisTenAndFriends, this was the first year our schedule allowed us to skate in the show. It took us 28 hours, but it was definitely worth it. Almaty is a stunning city and the crowd was so welcoming and enthusiastic. The production of the show was impressive and a highlight for us was skating to a live orchestra for the first time. We spent time with old friends and had the opportunity to get to know skaters we've always admired. Many special memories were made with wonderful people. Denis was a fantastic host and his "friends" left feeling more like family.

Like Denis says, Kazakhstan is a very beautiful country. We can't wait to return.

We hope you enjoy this video highlighting our experience!
Maia and Alex

SOCIAL MEDIA

Twitter/Instagram/Vine: @maiashibutani @alexshibutani @shibsibs
Facebook: facebook.com/Maia.AlexShibutani
Snapchat: shibsibs

MUSIC:
Take Ü There feat. Kiesza - Jack Ü

Barb

Record Breaker
New ShibSibs video from their trip to Kazakhstan for the Denis Ten and Friends Show. The editing is superb.

Сәлем!
Last month we spent an unforgettable week in Kazakhstan. This was our first time visiting Denis Ten's home country. Denis was one of the first friends we made at our first Junior Grand Prix back in 2008.

While this was the third year of #DenisTenAndFriends, this was the first year our schedule allowed us to skate in the show. It took us 28 hours, but it was definitely worth it. Almaty is a stunning city and the crowd was so welcoming and enthusiastic. The production of the show was impressive and a highlight for us was skating to a live orchestra for the first time. We spent time with old friends and had the opportunity to get to know skaters we've always admired. Many special memories were made with wonderful people. Denis was a fantastic host and his "friends" left feeling more like family.

Like Denis says, Kazakhstan is a very beautiful country. We can't wait to return.

We hope you enjoy this video highlighting our experience!
Maia and Alex

SOCIAL MEDIA

Twitter/Instagram/Vine: @maiashibutani @alexshibutani @shibsibs
Facebook: facebook.com/Maia.AlexShibutani
Snapchat: shibsibs

MUSIC:
Take Ü There feat. Kiesza - Jack Ü

Kazakhstan is so beautiful. I hope visit it someday.