Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Meryl & Charlie's Moms

Tripping on the Podium

Interview with Meryl & Charlie's Moms

I did a fun interview with Cheryl Davis and Jacqui White on my blog for Mother's Day! You can read about their competition travels, some Meryl and Charlie costume disasters, and more here.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Jennifer, That was a great interview. Thank you.

Love it, Jennifer. Thank you!

Custom Title
    What a lovely interview! The moms sound like solid, kind people, and you chose some splendid questions that provided great insight into the women's personalities and their kids' careers.

Custom Title
    Great interview, Jennifer! Thanks for posting it. They sound like really great, supportive moms. It's always interesting to hear about skaters' families. They play such a big role in skaters' lives, yet we tend to hear very little about them.

Interesting that both moms name Samson & Delilah as their favorite D/W program. I have to agree. Meryl & Charlie have had so many amazing programs, but still, for me, nothing has topped Samson & Delilah (even Die Fledermaus). That was one of the most exciting, thrilling programs I've ever seen in skating. Such drama, power, passion, and incredible skill!!

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    What a great interview and a super idea for Mother's Day! Isn't it cute how, and not just in their hair color, Meryl's mom kinda looks like Charlie and Charlie's mom is darkly exotic like Meryl?

What grounded people they all seem to be. Lovely.

I had to laugh at the bit about Charlies "demon" costume for the first version of Eleanor Rigby. When I first saw that video clip, I wondered what on earth that costume was about

But Meryl's hometown costume lady, Stephanie Miller, does a really wonderful job with their costumes for sure. No wonder they have stayed with her!

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Happy Mother's Day to mothers everywhere!

Gotta add that @John CoughlinUSA's tweets today in memory of his late mother are very touching:

"Happy Mother's Day to all of the Moms out there. And to the Mom's up there, too."

"... -had to duck into an aisle and sob when walking by Mother's Day cards in Target the other day. ‏ http://pic.twitter.com/h3016U2E"

[Before you click on this sweet photo of his mother, you need to have tissues ready for yourself!]

And this older one that he sent on Apr 19 during WTT had brought tears to my eye too:
    "What an electric arena! Can't wait to be out there with Caydee tomorrow and team USA behind us. Spotted one empty seat, so Mom can watch <3"
    Last edited by golden411; 05-13-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: punctuation tweak

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    What a great interview!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I had to laugh at the bit about Charlies "demon" costume for the first version of Eleanor Rigby. When I first saw that video clip, I wondered what on earth that costume was about

But Meryl's hometown costume lady, Stephanie Miller, does a really wonderful job with their costumes for sure. No wonder they have stayed with her!
    If she's the one who designed that delectable magenta dress for their free dance, I definitely agree.

She's the one. I love the way the skirt works on that dress! Perfect for waltzing.

Way cool! Thanks. Watching the pannel of mothers of skaters in front of the gang at the Friends of Figure Skating breakfast at Greensboro, I thought, "The only thing more difficult than winning an OGM is being the mother of the skater.....I dont think the sport honors the families enough...I have no idea which is harder...to be a father/mother of a skater or to be the skater....great Mom's day article.....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Happy Mother's Day to mothers everywhere!

Gotta add that @John CoughlinUSA's tweets today in memory of his late mother are very touching:

"Happy Mother's Day to all of the Moms out there. And to the Mom's up there, too."

"... -had to duck into an aisle and sob when walking by Mother's Day cards in Target the other day. ‏ http://pic.twitter.com/h3016U2E"

[Before you click on this sweet photo of his mother, you need to have tissues ready for yourself!]

And this older one that he sent on Apr 19 during WTT had brought tears to my eye too:
    "What an electric arena! Can't wait to be out there with Caydee tomorrow and team USA behind us. Spotted one empty seat, so Mom can watch <3"
    Thanks a lot, golden.

I share the feeling with John...
    I am much older than he, closer to his mom's age probably, and it's been over ten years since my mom passed away. But the Mother's Day gets nearer and flowers, cards and sweets everywhere thanking to moms, I still feel a pain in my heart, feeling blue and gloom...

However much one gets older, smarter or richier, no one can replace one's mom with selfless love and devotion to own child(ren) at any culture, any world and at any universe...(((John)))

Please rest assured John, I was there in the arena with your mother sitting by my side. She was all smiling during your strong and beautiful performances at the recent WTT!

And to every mothers in the world, BE HAPPY!

John is a great athlete, apprears a very nice person as well.
    I have no favorite American pair teams after Rena Inoue retired, so let me root for Caydee and John next seasons, please!

Rena was such a courageous, strong lady! I miss her!

Her partner's brother Don is skating with Tiffany Vise, but Rena & John have disappeared, as far as I can tell, from the skating scene.

Jennifer-How about a followup interview with Meryl & Charlie's dads for Father's Day? Or 5 more questions with the moms?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Jennifer-How about a followup interview with Meryl & Charlie's dads for Father's Day? Or 5 more questions with the moms?
    I'll have to see!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast