Weir to do quads in both programs; hires Morozov for step seq | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Weir to do quads in both programs; hires Morozov for step seq

Well, Lysacek has done some modeling. He knows how to stand and angle himself to make the most of a photo, besides being a fine-looking dude.

One of my favorite Olympian hunks has always been Greg Louganis. Even now he looks very distinguished.

By the way, SF, it's great to hear that Lysacek is becoming a more refined skater. Nice to think that DWTS is a contributing factor. I watch that show, and you can see how hard the pro partners work to get their celebrities to learn the physical vocabulary of dance. Even Kristi learned a thing or two from her stint there.

Hearing about Evan's new finesse makes me hope that he will indeed try for the U.S. team this season and/or the next.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I have to admit that Lysacek is very handsome. It's difficult to find any fault in his feature. But I don't know why, he is just not that attractive.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have to admit that Lysacek is very handsome. It's difficult to find any fault in his feature. But I don't know why, he is just not that attractive.

Evan to me is physically attractive... whereas others - like my attraction? to Kurt - it's not just looks (even without hair Kurt's still one fine lookin' guy, and yes I know he's old enough to be my father lol) but his personality on and off the ice (and when cameras aren't watching) puts him to a whole other level... Evan is probably a nice guy too, meeting him for the two seconds that I have he was great lol, but I dunno he's much more reserved I guess?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
For some reason Evan always remind me of old spice ads - which is weird because he doesn't have the muscle bulk to do the ads.
Maybe it is his gelled hair, stubble and never fading tan that kind of remind me of sailors...always thought he need a good scrub or spend sometime in the shade.

On the other hand, I thought Johnny might look good with a goatee doing three musketeers. Something I think Morozov might make it work considering what he did for Alena and pirates.

Evan to me is physically attractive... whereas others - like my attraction? to Kurt - it's not just looks (even without hair Kurt's still one fine lookin' guy, and yes I know he's old enough to be my father lol) but his personality on and off the ice (and when cameras aren't watching) puts him to a whole other level... Evan is probably a nice guy too, meeting him for the two seconds that I have he was great lol, but I dunno he's much more reserved I guess?

I do think that Evan comes across as more aloof.

You know that I agree with you about Kurt! He proves a point about what goes into making someone attractive. It's more than just good looks. Kurt has such charm that it comes through even on the TV screen. And we know from what we read (and from those fans, like you, who are lucky enough to encounter him) that he's wonderful off the ice as well as on. When you get to know people (or if you're just a distant fan, when you follow an athlete or performer for a long time), your understanding of the person's character informs your feelings about what you see in his or her face. By that point, your affection depends on a lot more than the shape of the nose or the color of the eyes--or the presence or absence of hair!

There's also the matter of charisma, which Kurt definitely possesses. You can't teach that. An example for me is Robert Downey, Jr. When I see him onscreen, I can't take my eyes off him. Sure, he's a goodlooking guy, but there are certainly actors and models who are far handsomer, not to mention taller. But it's Downey who draws the eye. His combination of talent, magnetism, and charm easily beats out the looks of someone like, say, the model Halle Berry was married to for awhile.

Last edited:

centerpt1

On the Ice
I do think that Evan comes across as more aloof.

I don't find Evan at all attractive. To me it's more than aloofness- he comes across as as artificial and phony when he skates. I followed his twitter for a while after the Olympics. He came across as elitist and snobbish, so I quit following.

Elvis S also came across as kind of phony.

Both skaters did quite well for themselves, so I must be misinterpreting vibes somewhere.

noskates

Record Breaker
Centerpt1 - I agree with every word of your post. I never found Evan attractive. He seemed plastic to me. I don't think he had any charisma.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
While Evan is not my choice for looks, the last thing I would ever describe Elvis Stojko as is phony...what you saw was what you got. I don't think he ever tried to be anything or anyone but himself.

While Evan is not my choice for looks, the last thing I would ever describe Elvis Stojko as is phony...what you saw was what you got. I don't think he ever tried to be anything or anyone but himself.

Yeah, if Elvis were capable of being phony, he'd have adopted an entirely different skating style. He wouldn't have swum against the tide of judges' preference with such quirky determination. He wasn't my favorite skater, but I always admired and often enjoyed his skating, and the individuality of his presence.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
For some reason Evan always remind me of old spice ads - which is weird because he doesn't have the muscle bulk to do the ads.
Maybe it is his gelled hair, stubble and never fading tan that kind of remind me of sailors...always thought he need a good scrub or spend sometime in the shade.

His tan was all artificial spray on, hence the comments others have said about him looking orange...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Although Evan is not my type at all (too dark), I still see him as handsome and attractive. And I have always liked his speaking style, which is very clear and not too busy. I have also gotten the impression that he has been taught well at home, defenitely he does not give the impression of being a spoiled brat.

Thanks so much for the photolinks, Mathman! I really like the photo of Evan and Michelle, they both look good and very much at ease.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think Elvis is one of the most genuine people/skaters I have seen. I love Michelle but sometimes I find even her answers are too Miss America - we don't get what she is really thinking ie. i really want OGM and it sucks I didn't win. As for Evan, he has kind of an exotic look but I can't figure out his nationality - is that color natural -sometimes he appears rather orange. And like Boitano Evansskating isn't organic like Kurt, Brian Orser, Stephane or Buttle or Chan or Tak. he does seem kind of aloof; we don't really know who he really is forget the rumours about him. His personality is not memorable whereas Scott Hamiltyon, Plushenko, Witt they make an impression.

I think Evan should be thrilled he got OGM; he is one skater who shouldn't push it. I will get ridiculed and probably tarred and feathered but I think he was kind of lucky to get OGM - right time, right place, right disaster for everyone else. Yes he won but barely and it was controversial. I am not sure I would have had him over Plushenko - i agreed he skated better than the rest who missed big tricks. He doesn't have the wow factor the je ne sais quoi factor.

noskates

Record Breaker
Ahhh Skater Boy......flove your last paragraph. "Right time, right place, right disaster for everyone else" exactly! As for Evan, the same could be said of Tara Lipinski and Sarah Hughes, Oksana Baiul and a few others. The Olys bring out something in some skaters. I think it's called Survival! However, if Plushenko HAD won I think it would have really ruffled some ISU feathers given that he shot the spirit of the point system all to ****. Kind of makes you wonder if we'll have someone else rise from the ranks in 2014. Right now I honestly think Patrick Chan is the anointed one unless something happens between now and then. BUT......one of the Japanese men or cough!cough! an American or.....could just have that skate of their life on that given day while the rest of the field falters.

It seems that there are often flukes in the singles in Olympics. For some reason the pairs and ice dance seems to be more predictable most of the time. Remember 1994, when Urmanov ended up the winner, and even he couldn't explain it? These days, it seems as if long program night is one of those times when Things Happen. That's why I was so amazed when YuNa won. She didn't let the tension break her even a millimeter.

I think that Evan was terrifically lucky, but he also worked his hardest at all times, not just that night. No, his skating isn't magical, but it was just good enough that night. This doesn't take away from the glory of Plushenko's career (and he does have his own OGM, after all), but that night Evan was the one.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Lysacek's nose really looks Greek. He is as handsome as Roman statue, and perhaps has that kind of emotionlessness. Anyway, when was the last time Lysacek stole Weir's thread?!:laugh: Go, Evan!!!:laugh:

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
As for Evan.

Evan's skating was not cup of my tea, either, for a long time. UNTIL I saw him skate LIVE.
So if you have seen him skate live and still criticize him, I don't complain. But if otherwise, please don't. He looks much MUCH better live than on TV. :yes:

P.S. I have a beef about his music choices, though. :p