Weir to do quads in both programs; hires Morozov for step seq | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Weir to do quads in both programs; hires Morozov for step seq

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushyfan, I can tell by your screenname that you are a big fan of Plushenko. I have watched him for years as well and just do not like his style of skating. He's fabulous, he's athletic, but just not my cuppa. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate his accomplishments or the hard work he's put in. Different strokes and all that....

Have you seen the videos? The judges were blind? They gave him so many 6.0! But I accept that you don't like Plushy's style. :)

I remembered, what Maya Plisetskaya said about Plushy:

M.P.- He is our favourite. He is so good that it looks like nobody can beat him. I can't imagine who can be better. He is a master, a great master who does everything beautifully, brilliantly and artistically. Also, he always looks so confident that we, his fans, cannot be not confident. He skates like an artist who knows that he is the best. Other skaters think that they are good too, but they have doubts and get nervous. Plushenko on the contrary always knows that he is much better than others, and he convinces all of us in it. He not just "works" on ice, he dances on ice masterly, and that is a wonderful thing to see.

E.S.- What do you think about his appearance?

M.P.- I think his appearance is fine. He is tall, striking, with a handsome body and long arms. He is not some cute guy from the postcard, thanks god he is not!, but he has the perfect face for the stage. The ice is the stage too.

Do you know who is Plisetskaya? I think she knows what is the beauty. :)

Plushenko received his first perfect 6.0 mark when he was 16, the youngest ever for a man, and by the time the old system was mothballed after the 2003-04 season, Plushenko had amassed 75 perfect 6.0s, including the last four given out to a male competitor at the Worlds (2004, for free skating presentation).

About Chan: he is great skater, and he is doing his movements so perfectly, but he hasn't emotion, passion...I have a word: he is plastic....

Last edited:
Well, I know who Plisetskaya is, and I love that quote from her. I agree on all counts: the confidence, the looks made for the stage. When I watched Plushenko in the long program in Vancouver, I realized with happy surprise that though I was a nervous wreck for everyone during these two weeks (I thought I'd faint during the ladies' and pairs' finals), this guy was a cool as ice. Just watching him made me feel that human endeavor could get anything done.

About his looks, I agree that his body line is gorgeous, and his proportions are in the heroic danseur noble tradition. He's not conventionally handsome, but as he gets older, he becomes more distinguished-looking. I'm so happy to think of him continuing his competitive career. Though I'm rooting for Daisuke above everyone else, I'm always happy to see a great skater do well, and Plushy is all that.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Well, I know who Plisetskaya is, and I love that quote from her. I agree on all counts: the confidence, the looks made for the stage. When I watched Plushenko in the long program in Vancouver, I realized with happy surprise that though I was a nervous wreck for everyone during these two weeks (I thought I'd faint during the ladies' and pairs' finals), this guy was a cool as ice. Just watching him made me feel that human endeavor could get anything done.

About his looks, I agree that his body line is gorgeous, and his proportions are in the heroic danseur noble tradition. He's not conventionally handsome, but as he gets older, he becomes more distinguished-looking. I'm so happy to think of him continuing his competitive career. Though I'm rooting for Daisuke above everyone else, I'm always happy to see a great skater do well, and Plushy is all that.

I like many male skaters especially Dai and Yuzuru!!!!!!!! But Evgeni Plushenko is my passion. His skating, his personality, his looks, are unique and unrepeatable for me. And I'm not alone, Plushy inspires a lot of people from all over the World.

yaya124

On the Ice
Although I am a huge plushy fan, I think let us return this thread to Weir instead of arguing whether Plushy is artistry. This is a too subjective topic without a standard, nobody can convince other people to change their mind. And let history be history and look forward to the future.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Although I am a huge plushy fan, I think let us return this thread to Weir instead of arguing whether Plushy is artistry. This is a too subjective topic without a standard, nobody can convince other people to change their mind. And let history be history and look forward to the future.

Exactly. How did this thread become Plushenko vs Chan, when it should be about Weir.

We tend to get excited and tangential in the off-season. Hey, at least it's all to do with skating!