Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program

seniorita

Record Breaker
No Dickson didn't made love story, he made the other sp that she skated in tha gala. But I only saw working on One program, must have missed the second. Love story was the first I saw and probably like more, it is really fresh choreo. Dickson program is more subtle but it is the one I don't know the music name.

seniorita

Record Breaker
There is also one more interview I saw on twitter but I m not sure I can post the link.

Well I'm sure you've all heard the news about Tuk's new programs. (Dark Eyes LP and Love Story SP)
Are those the ones that Wilson choreographed? How about the ones that Dickson choreographed? I wonder if they're the same music with different choreography. I hope they're entirely different programs with different emotions so Tuk can get more experience with different choreography and different styles which could help her decide what the best Sochi vehicles for her would be.

Oh, dear, dear, dear. Dark Eyes and Love Story? Here's this prodigy of a girl, who's supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and they're giving her those much-used tunes? Not only are they trite by this time, but at least one of them is unsuitable in terms of her age. Love Story can be terrific, if there's a couple involved to create the chemistry. Some tiny sprite skating by herself, who looks as if she has a poster of Justin Bieber on her wall, is not the ideal interpreter for this piece, which is about not just love but death. But at least if the music were less familiar, Liza could be innovative and make us pay attention, as Michelle did when she pulled off her astonishingly mature Salome at fifteen.

One of the most admirable things Carolina Kostner did this year was to break out of the customary mold with her music. Mozart is fresh to our ears as skating music. I wish that Liza would take a page from Kostner's book and find something less familiar as a skating piece.

Well, let me suspend judgment until I see the actual programs. Liza may surprise me, and indeed I expect her to if she's become that good.

seniorita

Record Breaker
You're allowed to post links as long as they aren't to inappropriate sites, I think.

I don't think it works this way but she says the same as Flade's article anyway.

I got videos from another girl that are from distance, so maybe I ll uload them when I come back.
Liza didn't do much tricks though in those vids.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
You're allowed to post links as long as they aren't to inappropriate sites, I think.

^ yup if they're news sites you can link to them (except IN), if they're blogs/fansites/etc they need to link to Golden Skate. :yes:

seniorita

Record Breaker
^i ll post you the link and you decide:)

Olympia Liza doesn't come out as a fan girl of Justin bieber, really, she looks more mature to me, and while at the same time she likes makeup and all the girly stuff, you can see her playing football with artur and evgeni, she is more boygirl in my eyes, she just transforms on ice. I like love story program of her because she seems to like it a lot, and she said she wants not to stand out as a junior this year. Anyway she was practicing all the programs, so I don't guess which she will use.

Macassar88

Medalist
Can you send me the link as well if you don't post it in the thread? Thanks!
As for her choice in program, I hope she chooses the ones she likes the best even if they aren't the most original because it is better for her to love her programs than it is for her to have the most innovative programs in her first year as a senior.

Olympia Liza doesn't come out as a fan girl of Justin bieber, really, she looks more mature to me, and while at the same time she likes makeup and all the girly stuff, you can see her playing football with artur and evgeni, she is more boygirl in my eyes, she just transforms on ice. I like love story program of her because she seems to like it a lot, and she said she wants not to stand out as a junior this year. Anyway she was practicing all the programs, so I don't guess which she will use.

I defer to your expertise, Seniorita. I stand corrected.

In any case, whatever she does, I'll follow her with interest. She's obviously amazing, and I'm eager to be thrilled and surprised.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Also two photos from the gala, I gathered some more, I'll post tomorrow.

Thanks for the lovely photos, seniorita.
I love Mr. Mishin's warm and calm smile with Liza and these kids! :yes:

Of course I always respected Mr. Mishin as the greatest/legendary coach in the world, but at the same time, he was kind of inaccessible/unapproachable as a person for me for a long time.

However, I have truly come to love and admire this dude more and more over the years! lol :)
(because I have matured as a person or HE has matured as a person; which was first? idk though. :laugh:)

Last edited:

sillylionlove

Medalist
The scene- Skate America 2009 in Lake Placid
I was determined to get Mishin's autograph and picture. I observed his routine and found out where he say during practices. I also figured out that the scary looking bodyguard type Russian dude with him spent mist of the time on his phone.
So with stealth action I went in for the kill and mission was successful.
Actually I went over and said excuse me Mr. Mishin can I get an autograph and a picture. He was very nice. Had me sit down and took a pick and he did a great autograph with a picture of a skate and everything! What a nice guy! So was the scary bodyguard type dude who was laughing and smiling the whole time!

seniorita

Record Breaker
There was a period that the whole team had two or three bodyguards, I think 2009-2010, one for Mishin team in general, probably but I dunno ab that, one for Plushenko because of his wife ex husband chasing her, and one for stradivarious of Marton, which was scary,or maybe not:laugh:> I think in Euros 2010 we had some books and presents for Plush, and as one of them was standing 10 meters above us, we turned up to him and said, hold them, they are not heavy for you.:cool: Not to feel useless...

Olympia I dont want to influence you, I really like Liza, and after Miyamoto left I was looking forward to watch her training more than Plush's, if that says something. :) Probably because they are on different preparation phase,Liza is on the creative one. I read she changed her boots and Plush changed his blades after Kenzi 's advice.

Some pics for now. The guy who is with Liza is the Usa skater Alex Johnson. You know him? He did improve a lot jump wise while in the camp and his gala was really original.

seniorita

Record Breaker
A girl posted ten secs of Arthur Lp. His music is from the soundtrack of The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Macassar88

Medalist
Thanks for the links.
Gotta say that after my first viewing of Liza's programs, I'm a little disappointed. I feel like there was very little choreography (although I love the way that the step sequence worked with the music in Dark Eyes). I'm not in love with either piece of music, but I'm glad that the SP wasn't the Love Story theme. I'll give more comments when I rewatch. It also seems like the programs are still very new to her and she isn't interpreting them as well as she could.

Watched Gachinski's FS, and I like the choreography and music a lot. Hopefully he'll have a better year this year than last year.

Last edited: