Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program

DianaSelene

Medalist
I guess I would just call it the waltz from that movie. It was never called Sentimental Waltz in the original movie.

evangeline

Record Breaker
 I  know Liza gave an interview yesterday  and is not sure ab her short yet, they think ab their options.  I think the one I saw in gala is one option and the one with Dickson another one, the latter is a more romantic girly program but I don't know this music although it sounds familiar. Her long is a very frequent skated  music, just a bit  different arrangement. Sasha has skated a great sp on this music ;)   So it is not like mishin threatens me with vow of silence. :) it s just that her team haven't  talked ab it public, I think they are still searching

You've piqued my curiosity, seniorita.....Sasha's well-known and 'great' SPs have been:

My Sweet and Tender Beast
Malaguena
Dark Eyes
Espana Cani

The music of My Sweet and Tender Beast has been used by quite a few skaters but it isn't THAT frequently skated to (especially compared to the others), so I'm going to cross it off the list. Ditto for Espana Cani...so I'm guessing it has to be either Malaguena or Dark Eyes. I just hope it won't be a muzak arrangement!

DianaSelene

Medalist
I was hoping she would use something less common such as Dark Eyes and Malaguena. I am so tired of hearing this music at competitions. :disapp:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
senorita:
"And mishin has a new invention that uses on every skater's run-through but I don't know what they do with it."

I read from a fan of Plushy who is in Pinzolo and she is also watching the training camp, probably Mishin made a sensor to improve the skating skills, like jump- jacket. But I don't know is it possible?

deedee1

Record Breaker
I am afraid I am a bit late to say this but...

SENIORITA, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your reports for us! :)
You really made us feel as if we all were at the camp with YOU!!! :clap::clap:
Hope you had a great time beside spending hours at the cold ice rinkside during your vacation. :yes:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Maybe is possible because when they wear it they just go through choreo, and everything before and after a jump and not sequences either, it sends data to a computer and then they all watch results, but really I don't know. Today it seems there is gala again so I didnt see training. For the times I went there no I didn't see Liza train the triple axel. But all the week they do mostly choreography and connection with the elements, and spins and this is the first camp, there ate two more. But it is only june and Liza looks like ready presenting her lp.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
not exactly a surprising choice, he has used almost every other warhorse in the book. Rota's R&J is indeed a beautiful piece of music, but as another poster said, its not like he is going to make any ground breaking interpretation of it. It will be basic plushenko moves set to Edvin Marton violin (yes, he already has a Romeo and Juliet variation).

DianaSelene

Medalist
not exactly a surprising choice, he has used almost every other warhorse in the book. Rota's R&J is indeed a beautiful piece of music, but as another poster said, its not like he is going to make any ground breaking interpretation of it. It will be basic plushenko moves set to Edvin Marton violin (yes, he already has a Romeo and Juliet variation).

In the past few years, I haven't seen ground breaking interpretations of warhorses in general so why would anyone expect one from Plushenko anyways?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Macassar88

Medalist
Well I'm sure you've all heard the news about Tuk's new programs. (Dark Eyes LP and Love Story SP)
Are those the ones that Wilson choreographed? How about the ones that Dickson choreographed? I wonder if they're the same music with different choreography. I hope they're entirely different programs with different emotions so Tuk can get more experience with different choreography and different styles which could help her decide what the best Sochi vehicles for her would be.