Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    ^i ll post you the link and you decide

Olympia Liza doesn't come out as a fan girl of Justin bieber, really, she looks more mature to me, and while at the same time she likes makeup and all the girly stuff, you can see her playing football with artur and evgeni, she is more boygirl in my eyes, she just transforms on ice. I like love story program of her because she seems to like it a lot, and she said she wants not to stand out as a junior this year. Anyway she was practicing all the programs, so I don't guess which she will use.
    I defer to your expertise, Seniorita. I stand corrected.

In any case, whatever she does, I'll follow her with interest. She's obviously amazing, and I'm eager to be thrilled and surprised.

Custom Title
    Also two photos from the gala, I gathered some more, I'll post tomorrow.
    Thanks for the lovely photos, seniorita.
    I love Mr. Mishin's warm and calm smile with Liza and these kids!

Of course I always respected Mr. Mishin as the greatest/legendary coach in the world, but at the same time, he was kind of inaccessible/unapproachable as a person for me for a long time.

However, I have truly come to love and admire this dude more and more over the years! lol
    (because I have matured as a person or HE has matured as a person; which was first? idk though. )
    Last edited by deedee1; 07-02-2012 at 08:39 PM.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    The scene- Skate America 2009 in Lake Placid
    I was determined to get Mishin's autograph and picture. I observed his routine and found out where he say during practices. I also figured out that the scary looking bodyguard type Russian dude with him spent mist of the time on his phone.
    So with stealth action I went in for the kill and mission was successful.
    Actually I went over and said excuse me Mr. Mishin can I get an autograph and a picture. He was very nice. Had me sit down and took a pick and he did a great autograph with a picture of a skate and everything! What a nice guy! So was the scary bodyguard type dude who was laughing and smiling the whole time!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    There was a period that the whole team had two or three bodyguards, I think 2009-2010, one for Mishin team in general, probably but I dunno ab that, one for Plushenko because of his wife ex husband chasing her, and one for stradivarious of Marton, which was scary,or maybe not> I think in Euros 2010 we had some books and presents for Plush, and as one of them was standing 10 meters above us, we turned up to him and said, hold them, they are not heavy for you. Not to feel useless...

Olympia I dont want to influence you, I really like Liza, and after Miyamoto left I was looking forward to watch her training more than Plush's, if that says something. Probably because they are on different preparation phase,Liza is on the creative one. I read she changed her boots and Plush changed his blades after Kenzi 's advice.

Some pics for now. The guy who is with Liza is the Usa skater Alex Johnson. You know him? He did improve a lot jump wise while in the camp and his gala was really original.

A girl posted ten secs of Arthur Lp. His music is from the soundtrack of The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    A girl posted ten secs of Arthur Lp. His music is from the soundtrack of The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
    This boy sure loves the supernatural!

Here are a few more links to video

Arthur's LP - http://youtu.be/DcqWupspXs8
    Liza's SP - http://youtu.be/y4fv9o3M8oo
    Liza's LP - http://youtu.be/1AfqjlfEilA

Thanks for the links.
    Gotta say that after my first viewing of Liza's programs, I'm a little disappointed. I feel like there was very little choreography (although I love the way that the step sequence worked with the music in Dark Eyes). I'm not in love with either piece of music, but I'm glad that the SP wasn't the Love Story theme. I'll give more comments when I rewatch. It also seems like the programs are still very new to her and she isn't interpreting them as well as she could.

Watched Gachinski's FS, and I like the choreography and music a lot. Hopefully he'll have a better year this year than last year.
    Last edited by Macassar88; 07-04-2012 at 01:17 PM.

If links to Liza's programs don't open in your browser, try these:

http://youtu.be/y4fv9o3M8oo

http://youtu.be/1AfqjlfEilA

Custom Title
    I think I said it is not Marton version that he did for t/m in 2006.
    Too bad, because Marton's version is so beautiful, and his violin has magic sound indeed, its real Stradivari and it has pure hеaven sound. Those who played violin know about it.

I hope, for Olympics in Sochi Plushenko will use Marton’s violin again!

Seniorita thanks again for interesting news. I wish I have time off from work and money to travel.

ps. Seniorita check PM please.
    Last edited by bestskate8; 07-04-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Oh, dear, dear, dear. Dark Eyes and Love Story? Here's this prodigy of a girl, who's supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and they're giving her those much-used tunes? Not only are they trite by this time, but at least one of them is unsuitable in terms of her age. Love Story can be terrific, if there's a couple involved to create the chemistry. Some tiny sprite skating by herself, who looks as if she has a poster of Justin Bieber on her wall, is not the ideal interpreter for this piece, which is about not just love but death. But at least if the music were less familiar, Liza could be innovative and make us pay attention, as Michelle did when she pulled off her astonishingly mature Salome at fifteen.

One of the most admirable things Carolina Kostner did this year was to break out of the customary mold with her music. Mozart is fresh to our ears as skating music. I wish that Liza would take a page from Kostner's book and find something less familiar as a skating piece.

Well, let me suspend judgment until I see the actual programs. Liza may surprise me, and indeed I expect her to if she's become that good.
    Do you think Costner would be able to pull a great Mozart program and age 15, not sure about it.
    I think Liza is on a right track, especially with Dark Eyes. Love story is a big question.

Plushenko’s R&J is a great choice as well for his age now.

Arthur better video, I just love the music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smhum...hannel&list=UL

Custom Title
    Arthur better video, I just love the music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smhum...hannel&list=UL
    Wow, that is beautiful program and suits him, Arthur is kind of mix of Lambiel+ Plushenko, not mature yet, but developing so quickly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bestskate8 View Post
    Do you think Costner would be able to pull a great Mozart program and age 15, not sure about it.
    I think Liza is on a right track, especially with Dark Eyes. Love story is a big question.

Plushenko’s R&J is a great choice as well for his age now.
    I actually think that music such as the Mozart can work better for a young skater than something obviously romantic (especially tragically romantic) because it's absolute music rather than programmatic or narrative music. The skater can concentrate on jumps, beauty of line and technique, and other aspects without having to pretend to an intensity of emotion ithat is--I hope--beyond her experience at this point. (Of course a more artistically mature skater could get even more out of Mozart, but that's another story.) Let me put it this way: I'd rather see a very young skater interpreting a piano concerto than Carmen or Bolero.
    Last edited by Olympia; 07-04-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast