Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program

He did two solo triple Axels. Was one supposed to be 3A+3T? Or will he do 4T+3T combo in the real SP?

seniorita

Record Breaker
It looks like they are double axels :) I wouldnt bet a lot on the video, he always throws axels in shows.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
He did two solo triple Axels. Was one supposed to be 3A+3T? Or will he do 4T+3T combo in the real SP?

He had broken his boot in first exhibition, in Baselga di Piné

https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/status/236588808529915904

Сегодня порвался ботинок когда я катал танго.Завтра отдам чинить

Today I broke boot, while skated Tango. Tomorrow I'll give it to repair

his friend Vitaly, he was with him in Italy:

Виталий Балыкин ‏@Vitalsonych:

Доброй ночи) Сегодня на шоу произошла маленькая неприятность..непозволившая Жене кататься во всю силу..
Правый ботинок надорвался и Женя чувствовал дискомфорт.. Надеюсь в ближайшее время мы устраним эту проблему..

Today at the show was a little trouble .. which not allowed to Zhenya to skate with all the strength ..
Right boot ruptured and Zhenya felt discomfort... Hopefully, we will soon resolve this problem...

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
No apologies needed for me as I thought it was nice skating.
But it is easy enough to see it is a show program he is skating and not a CoP SP.

If he wants all the smoke maybe he could consider changing the music to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOBdQykKQY

And maybe he could learn something about arm movements watching this clip.

Nice to see arms as a natural extension of the body rather than being thrust about as if they have a mind of their own. ;)

(Just kidding......actually Plushy is amazing to me.......... a virtual "bionic man.") :yes:

It looks like they are double axels :)

I once attended a local show featuring children and skaters at various levels, and I wrote up a report praising all the double Axels they did.

Someone from the club told me that none of the skaters in the show can do a double Axel -- they were all singles. :laugh:

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ it doesnt matter it was singles, isnt it great to watch little skaters on the making? I think this is what I enjoyed most in the summer camp, to see what is before a skater and a triple axel :)

Janetfan this is approximately his sp with Camerlego, obviously changed for the show and not really ready yet, but you will have all season to enjoy it.:)

janetfan

Match Penalty
^Janetfan this is approximately his sp with Camerlego, obviously changed for the show and not really ready yet, but you will have all season to enjoy it.:)

I think you are right and I like what I saw. :)

Just hope he doesn't come down with another case of the "Chan flu" ;) and skip Worlds....again.

I like seeing Plushy compete and hope he is finaly "healthy" for Worlds this season.
It will be a better competition if he is there.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Tatyana Tarasova talking about closed test skates in Novogorsk last week.
--------------------

Татьяна Тарасова: всю тренировку Плющенко я простояла – и проплакала
29.08.2012 18:07:01
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/4926.html

Raw translation...

Tatiana Tarasova: Whole Plushenko's training I stood - and cried

September 12-15 at the four rinks in Moscow and the Moscow region will be "Open Test skates" members of the Russian national team of figure skating. Come out on the ice all the leaders of the national team, who are preparing for the pre-Olympic winter season.

- Tatiana, what can we expect from the new season?
- The new season promises to be very interesting. I was at training with several coaches. Attended to a "Closed Test skating" in Novogorsk....

- Have you seen the new programs the 2006 Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko?
- I am astonished with the work of Evgeni Plushenko! I asked him to come on his practice. He told me that I can. And whole the training I stood - and cried. He surprised me. He shook me. They choose that kind of music, which he can reveal, which can raise him even higher. Zhenya is in terrific shape, exactly, physical shape. He spent a great job of examining every muscle of his body. And he has a great coach, who is engaged with him. I thank to Alexei Mishin for this titanic labor, which he continues. This is not an easy job. But Mishin made a good team. Invited wonderful choreographer. And not one. You know, it's like we are reading different books, becoming deeper and more interesting, so and Plushenko. In him is focused a lot of interesting knowledge. Plus, his grand talent. Although I think that in our figure skating has several singles that could reach him...

I can't wait.:scowl:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Tatyana Tarasova talking about closed test skates in Novogorsk last week.
--------------------

Татьяна Тарасова: всю тренировку Плющенко я простояла – и проплакала
29.08.2012 18:07:01
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/4926.html

Raw translation...

Tatiana Tarasova: Whole Plushenko's training I stood - and cried

September 12-15 at the four rinks in Moscow and the Moscow region will be "Open Test skates" members of the Russian national team of figure skating. Come out on the ice all the leaders of the national team, who are preparing for the pre-Olympic winter season.

- Tatiana, what can we expect from the new season?
- The new season promises to be very interesting. I was at training with several coaches. Attended to a "Closed Test skating" in Novogorsk....

- Have you seen the new programs the 2006 Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko?
- I am astonished with the work of Evgeni Plushenko! I asked him to come on his practice. He told me that I can. And whole the training I stood - and cried. He surprised me. He shook me. They choose that kind of music, which he can reveal, which can raise him even higher. Zhenya is in terrific shape, exactly, physical shape. He spent a great job of examining every muscle of his body. And he has a great coach, who is engaged with him. I thank to Alexei Mishin for this titanic labor, which he continues. This is not an easy job. But Mishin made a good team. Invited wonderful choreographer. And not one. You know, it's like we are reading different books, becoming deeper and more interesting, so and Plushenko. In him is focused a lot of interesting knowledge. Plus, his grand talent. Although I think that in our figure skating has several singles that could reach him...

I can't wait.:scowl:

Hopefully there is a debut of it at Russian nationals late December.

Binthere

On the Ice
Hopefully they sneak him into the exhibition at the Grand Prix in Moscow! Would bring the house down.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Hopefully they sneak him into the exhibition at the Grand Prix in Moscow! Would bring the house down.

Didn't that happen once or twice between 2006 and 2009? I saw on YouTube Plushenko did a Russian nationals exhibit in 2007.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Hopefully there is a debut of it at Russian nationals late December.

I hope he will debut of it in 22.09. 2012., Verona on Opera On Ice show. Verona is Romeo and Juliett's city. But it's not opera music....So, I hope...

yaya124

On the Ice
I hope he will debut of it in 22.09. 2012., Verona on Opera On Ice show. Verona is Romeo and Juliett's city. But it's not opera music....So, I hope...

Probably not on Opera on Ice since I read somewhere that Lambiel and Caro will perform Romeo and Juliett together. I am hoping that he will perform it on the open testing skate early in September.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Probably not on Opera on Ice since I read somewhere that Lambiel and Caro will perform Romeo and Juliett together. I am hoping that he will perform it on the open testing skate early in September.

Oh really? I don't know. Will be exciting Stef and Caro together.