I’m just a normal man that knows pains and fatigue
So I will continue to do my best / to keep on winning

I have never tried to / stop my progress
The duty of a top athlete is / to move the sport forward
I want to put my soul / into every move I do
And I would like to show my soul / to the audience and the judges
I’m a person who has to win the competitions that I participate
I have carried this burden for a long time
This was truly my dream (photo: kissing the Olympic gold medal)
The Olympic Games of four years ago was not my Olympic Games
But this time it was my Olympic Games

I cannot live / without figure skating
Because my life is / the ice
I think all the decisions I made on the crossroads in my life
Were destined by God
My fans, thank you for loving me / I’ll keep training hard / to skate well
So that people will like me more
I don’t want to predict or / talk about the future very much
I just / hope that / everybody will remember me

Evgeni Plushenko

Good luck Plushy to the next season!!! It will start tomorrow for you,too!

Last edited:
That's beautiful, Plushyfan. What an outsize personality he has, and he's so good at articulating what his aspirations and driving forces are.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Thanks Plushyfan.

Nice words from Plushenko ....the words of a champion.....and interesting to hear his thoughts and what drives him.

I doubt if we will ever see another like him and I join those wishing Plushy the best of luck and good health for this season.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
awww my beautiful Zhenya, he is a true inspiration and nothing will ever be like him
can It be possible to love more even that you're an uber already :)

gmyers

Record Breaker
He won a world medal in 1998! 2012 wins Euros and still going! With the test skates and nationals and it's just tremendous.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I wonder why Plushy doesn't have his own fan thread at Fan Fests forum. He deserves to have the individual thread. Because he has such loyal fans. What do you think? ;)
I think this thread has become Fan fest thread pages ago. Who knows they might move it there one day. It's full of links, fan stuff and it would be shame if one day it will be buried in archive.

Meanwhile Plu is Novogorsk for test skate today and tomorrow. His fans reported that he was training in a new costume. More news will come later I am sure.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
That's beautiful, Plushyfan. What an outsize personality he has, and he's so good at articulating what his aspirations and driving forces are.

Yes. I'm fan of him since 1998, but I'm not a teenager fan girl,(I wasn't teenager at that time) so I perfectly know why I love him. At first I loved his skating, but I begun to know his personality, and I respect him more and more, he magnetizes me continuously. What is it? Charisma? And I'm not alone, he is inspiration of many people: fans, artists, skaters. He is very special.

I wonder why Plushy doesn't have his own fan thread at Fan Fests forum. He deserves to have the individual thread. Because he has such loyal fans. What do you think? ;)

I also wonder. I have a plan, when Plushy will be 30, a would like to open one thread, would be an excellent opportunity. Then will be a great show in St Petersburg. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JILHwrpq29Q&list=FLIxsWSUVe4SU3ZN4FiGlgkA

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
OMG!!!!

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews

RT @VasilyKonov: @EvgeniPlushenko skated brilliantly. Salchow with 4 turns with a small blot on the way out. Seven triple Axel's perfectly.

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews

RT @VasilyKonov: Program of Plushenko was as always emotional. When he add a second quad - there will not be any rival

He didn't skate Romeo !!!

@_krudy It was really Swan, he didn't skate Romeo (@VasilyKonov said) .O-o

RT @VasilyKonov: By the way, all waiting Plushenko's Free on Romeo and Juliet, but at the end was Rimsky-Korsakov and ballet swan theme.

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
He is trying out a quad salchow? Interesting. It has been years. Seemed like he may have gone the two quad toes with one in combo route. His 3A ability has to be the best in the world ever.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Plu didn't skate Kenji's R&J as everyone expected. Neither did he skate Camerlengo's Moore stuff. He did smth. swannish, surprisingly landed 4S but UR and one hand on the ice, beautiful 3A + 7 triples, no combos. I guess he trolled everyone, as it sometimes happens to him, and his main stuff he will show later. They said they have various progs.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plu didn't skate Kenji's R&J as everyone expected. Neither did he skate Camerlengo's Moore stuff. He did smth. swannish, surprisingly landed 4S but UR and one hand on the ice, beautiful 3A + 7 triples, no combos. I guess he trolled everyone, as it sometimes happens to him, and his main stuff he will show later. They said they have various progs.

Yes, I really waited it, but I'm not surprised, if I want to be honest. Maybe these were two programs of the seven numbers, what he will skate on his birthday show.

seniorita

Record Breaker

There used to be one when I first came here until Vancouver almsot, it was fun but it was not necessarily a plushenko fan thread, thats why it was more fun!:laugh:

Thats not the program of Miyamoto btw, if he wont use it I ll die.
Photos from today, they put the watermark on the nose ;p

V/T :love:

janetfan

Match Penalty
There used to be one when I first came here until Vancouver almsot, it was fun but it was not necessarily a plushenko fan thread, thats why it was more fun!:laugh:

The watermark on the NOSE....good choice by the editor ;)

I don't think Plushy needs his own fanfest thread.
IMO he is above that......:)

Macassar88

Medalist
If he doesn't use the RJ program we'll need a new thread! :laugh:
Anyway, I don't like this one. I understand that he is trying to extend his lines and stuff in certain places, but I don't see how the program comes together music wise. The three cuts don't really make sense with each other.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Thats not the program of Miyamoto btw, if he wont use it I ll die.

V/T :love:
Don't you recognized that program? What's this? I can't believe...:bang: But I'm not surprised..I remember we didn't know anything about his program in last year, after it was great.....

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
No I dont, I see a program made for test skates that he improvises, Miyamoto's program had start middle and end, spot on sequences, and tells a story, very characteristic moves for RJ, that they spent over a day for each head/hand position and also this music cuts are horrible even for Plushy, it is unbelievable that he ditched that program that look more of a program already in the summer than this today, really either I should be very worried or not worried at all. :laugh: