Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program

seniorita

Record Breaker
They speak eachother English and with  mishin also. Thats how we grow our ears bigger and can understand what they say ;)
Have I said how cool Miyamoto is? He  always  skates alongside the run-throughs  to point out stuff, so it is a real treat to watch him skate and comes up with ten more ideas on the go. Everybody is fall in love with him here. Because someone asked me, the  r&j version is not the Marton arrangement he has done in the past.

Elisaveta is doing a new sit  spin variation with the free leg and her hair cutter( or how it's called) spin with hand positions, like a flower. She also learns new tricks!

Bestskate8 you should go one time, once you talk to mishin and ask him to watch, it all fine.I think mishin is the sweatest person once you meet him and I stand by that opinion no matter what people say.

I didn't see training today I went to the mountain lakes:) but I think Kenzo  left today.

Macassar88

Medalist
Elisaveta is doing a new sit  spin variation with the free leg and her hair cutter( or how it's called) spin with hand positions, like a flower. She also learns new tricks!

Bestskate8 you should go one time, once you talk to mishin and ask him to watch, it all fine.I think mishin is the sweatest person once you meet him and I stand by that opinion no matter what people say.

Seniorita, thanks again for all your updates. I'm glad to hear that Elizaveta is working on new spin positions. I'm glad that she's going to try to get level 4 on all her spins because that's just points left on the table if she doesn't. Hopefully the haircutter position with the nice hands will get her higher GOE. Can you describe the sit spin and the new tricks? Did she do jumps too or was it mainly choreography, spins and steps? Also, any chance you could give us clues on the music or did Mishin say no spilling the beans?

Also, I'm glad to see that you were able to talk to Mishin (although I think that, if I were to do that, I'd faint). Did you actually get to talk to him or any skaters/choreographers during any non-ice time though or was it just to get viewing permission?

Thanks so much for answering all of our questions. You're so lucky that you got to visit Mishin's group. I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation too!
Thanks again!

This is why we send Seniorita to these things: she maintains her poise where many of the rest of us would faint. I certainly would if I were in the same room as Mishin. And if I were in the same room with Mishin and Plushenko...call the ambulance! I'd probably just evaporate completely.

Thanks so much for sharing this unique experience with us, Seniorita. I really feel as though I spent a few moments at that wonderful rink.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Mishin is a great person: smart, sweet, he has a great sence of humor...Mishin, one of the great wisecracking storytellers in skating, loves to describe 11-year-old Plushenko's arrival at the famed Yubileyny Sports Palace in St. Petersburg: "He looked like a cheap chicken, very green and very blue and no fat .... very ecological!" :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am just catching up on this thread and WOW seniorita, thank you for sharing! Great posts and your observations and details of Mishin's camp made me feel like I was right there at the Rink with you! How exciting for you to see Plushenko the "master" at work with Kenji. let's talk - thanks for the photos!

Mishin is a great person: smart, sweet, he has a great sence of humor...Mishin, one of the great wisecracking storytellers in skating, loves to describe 11-year-old Plushenko's arrival at the famed Yubileyny Sports Palace in St. Petersburg: "He looked like a cheap chicken, very green and very blue and no fat .... very ecological!" :)

What a hilarious quote!

The loyalty between Plushy and Mishin is one of the great stories in modern skating. Each of them seems to bring out the best in the other.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
What a hilarious quote!

The loyalty between Plushy and Mishin is one of the great stories in modern skating. Each of them seems to bring out the best in the other.

Yes, you're right!

If you haven't seen, this was on Mishin's 70th birthday celebration, organized by Plush. Skated Johnny Weir and Stefan Lambiel too, and Urmanov, Liza, Gachi, Makarova etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5vFpvBrSKU&feature=related

They said in Russian:

Plushy: Alexei Nikolaevich I love you as a father. Thank you!".

Mishin: "I love you like a son.... even more."

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
Yes, you're right!

If you haven't seen, this was on Mishin's 70th birthday celebration, organized by Plush. Skated Johnny Weir and Stefan Lambiel too, and Urmanov, Liza, Gachi, Makarova etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5vFpvBrSKU&feature=related

They said in Russian:

Plushy: Alexei Nikolaevich I love you as a father. Thank you!".

Mishin: "I love you like a son.... even more."
Lol I originally read that it said Mishin's 700'th birthday and I didn't even register that he wasn't 700...
But that's sweet

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
No I meant that I didn't even blink an eye when I read that he was 700 because it seemed about right considering how long he's been coaching Plushy

If you ever read or watch the Harry Potter films, their relationship is similar to that of Harry and the headmaster, Dumbledior.

Macassar88

Medalist
If you ever read or watch the Harry Potter films, their relationship is similar to that of Harry and the headmaster, Dumbledior.

So Mishin demonstrated all of the choreographic crotch grabs that Plushenko does by doing them on Plushy?

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
So Mishin demonstrated all of the choreographic crotch grabs that Plushenko does by doing them on Plushy?

Those were part of moves in the field lessons. While the rest of us had to learn power threes, brackets, etc, Plush learned that move.

Macassar88

Medalist
Those were part of moves in the field lessons. While the rest of us had to learn power threes, brackets, etc, Plush learned that move.
I know that part
But what I meant was in reference to the comparison to Dumbledore and Harrry

seniorita

Record Breaker
I wish I could share more, I just don't know how to transfer the image, because many things happen simultaneously on the ice and I don't  know where to look at. I went back to pinzolo today and watched morning    and evening training, I ll pass also tomorrow before continuing my trip.

By now i think I ve somehow memorized the rituals of mishin, he is all day there and there are masterclasses, run-throughs, spin classes, private lessons and jump sessions all together and he coordinates all of them with a whistle or  a gesture, and they get it.They also present themselves to him when they enter the ice and when they finish and  leave, from the tiny ones up to Plushenko. Mishin is like a maestro.

I  know Liza gave an interview yesterday  and is not sure ab her short yet, they think ab their options.  I think the one I saw in gala is one option and the one with Dickson another one, the latter is a more romantic girly program but I don't know this music although it sounds familiar. Her long is a very frequent skated  music, just a bit  different arrangement. Sasha has skated a great sp on this music ;)   So it is not like mishin threatens me with vow of silence. :) it s just that her team haven't  talked ab it public, I think they are still searching

About  Liza spins, she really trains A lot, she stays on the ice the most hours. One new  is like the broken leg one..but not broken, she is also having a headless upright variation of spin,tries I-  spin , a camel variation, many, they try different combos everyday.  I know people don't like her layback but it is blurry fast, she uses her head and arms nice. She also  learns slides, split jump, hydrolabe, that kind...she trains jumps with mishin and  she works on spins with another, then choreography, her sequences a lot and extension, to keep the positions  for long   ,dickson is teaching her lots of cool stuff.

Mishin is using her as jumps example in his master classes, they have group class for   skating skills and lots of off ice condition in the forest.  And mishin has a new invention that uses on every skater's run-through   but I don't know  what they do with it. 

They train all and all 8-10 hours per day on/ off ice, so yes you  talk to them as the village is tiny , but briefly cause they all look like going from one training to the next.   I like the little ones to talk a lot because you ask them ab their program  and they light up like bulbs. There is a  tiny girl and boy in mishin team that look very promising. But all the small kids train very hard.    I would like to talk to Dickson to say how I m fascinated by how he works but I m afraid it ll end up like a love confession so i pass. And in Kenzi I just bowed and clapped! The easiest is mishin cause he is everywhere  all day and is very cheerful.

I also talked to the USA skater a couple of times, his name is Alex Johnson, I didnt know him.  Plushenko has a lot of  off-ice and he is playing football and tennis, so he is not on the ice as much. But he trains with the little boys in the evening which is really cool to watch.

Nobody asks for Arthur? He really works magic with Dickson and they work on his presentation a lot, his sequences are difficult and Dickson insists on trying new things.  His lp is a big different from the last season. 

You can see pics from camp also here www.Facebook.com/carisuler

I feel as if I was there along with you! Thanks so much, Seniorita. The spins Liza is working on sound interesting. It's great the way everything gets broken down into its elements and then built up into something amazing. Plainly, coaching and training are cerebral as well as physical, especially these days with CoP.

Blue Dog, I like that comparison of Plushy and Mishin to Harry Potter and Dumbledore. Plushy is a combination of muse, protege, and apprentice, and Mishin is Dumbledore and even Merlin. I wonder whether Plushy will follow Mishin and become a coach. Then he could pass the magic down to another generation. Or maybe he'll be like Kurt and will skate as a pro until he's fifty or so. That would be great for us viewers!

Macassar88

Medalist
So it's a Sasha sp that's really commonly used
About a girl becoming a woman (from a previous news article)
I'm guessing Malagueña?
Cuz the only three sps of Sasha's that I remember are Malagueña, dark eyes and sweet and tender beast. And they are all pretty common.