Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program

Custom Title
    Seniortita, again thank you so much for your wonderful report!

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I m faaaar from expert opinions ab programs, but yes it is awesome to see how they build a program from scratch. And Miyamoto is sooo cool, he explains every single move, I love him.the sequences he made are wonderful.

I m very impressed with Dickson as well, he looks the sweetest person ( with great hair) he makes a program with Arthur and he insists on many details, Arthur just skates bits of it for now, i found the program very packed at some point. 

I watched also a masterclass he gave yesterday and thought he was a genius, he made the skaters have same steps with two completely different kinds of music.

Mishin is really a cheerful person, he uses games to teach, today with Dickson they were showing  how not to skate with fists firm and used all kind of tricks.
    I am so glad Miyamoto is getting recognized on the international skating scene!

I always wondered why not more US skaters will be working with Dickson...especially US girls, you know. He is a genius! But for some reason I don't know, their first picks seemed almost always Lori Nichol.

It's been my dream for years that Daisuke will be working with Evgeni Platov again or with Tom Dickson for the first time.
    Oh, sorry guys for the OT. I just can't help myself talking about my boy at least once a day.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Is there really no other music to skate too???

^^ Thanks for the link!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Thank you so much!

http://www.figureskating-online.com/...th=../../sound

http://www.figureskating-online.com/...th=../../sound

Wow, Liza looks grown up and matured! She is a lady now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    What wonderful photos! Thanks. They definitely give me a "you are there" feeling.

Liza looks wonderful, as if she's strengthening and gaining authority over her skating. And the photos of Plushy remind me of how happy I am that he's continuing to contribute to skating. We've debated over his age in regard to portraying Romeo, but another aspect of his maturity and experience is that he skates as a man, not as a boy, and his presence adds scope, diversity, and range to the skating that we fans get to see. We need both the Hanyus and the Plushenkos in skating, and inevitably there will be more of the former (fiery young skaters) than the latter, whose ranks are thinned by injury, age, and just the desire to move on.
    Last edited by Olympia; 06-26-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Hmmm ... Plushenko is looking puckish on the ice :
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...1190874&type=1

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I just hope that Mishin doesn't strip all of the choreography out like he usually does. Just once I would like to see Plushenko really show off all that he can do, not just the jumps.
    Yeah, but I´d suppose there must have been a valid reason for Mishin´s stripping all of the choreography. I´m really curious to see whether there will be "a new Plushenko" or not.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    What wonderful photos! Thanks. They definitely give me a "you are there" feeling.

Liza looks wonderful, as if she's strengthening and gaining authority over her skating. And the photos of Plushy remind me of how happy I am that he's continuing to contribute to skating. We've debated over his age in regard to portraying Romeo, but another aspect of his maturity and experience is that he skates as a man, not as a boy, and his presence adds scope, diversity, and range to the skating that we fans get to see. We need both the Hanyus and the Plushenkos in skating, and inevitably there will be more of the former (fiery young skaters) than the latter, whose ranks are thinned by injury, age, and just the desire to move on.

THIS

Thank you!

Seniorita, you must be in haven to watch Mishin in act

Custom Title
    I m faaaar from expert opinions ab programs, but yes it is awesome to see how they build a program from scratch. And Miyamoto is sooo cool, he explains every single move, I love him.the sequences he made are wonderful.

I m very impressed with Dickson as well, he looks the sweetest person ( with great hair) he makes a program with Arthur and he insists on many details, Arthur just skates bits of it for now, i found the program very packed at some point. 

I watched also a masterclass he gave yesterday and thought he was a genius, he made the skaters have same steps with two completely different kinds of music.

He is also  working with Liza, is it reported that Wilson did her programs? I think her lp looks like Wilson and is totally in her comfort zone, but it looks like Dickson does her sp and I already love  it, I think it will be a brand new image of her! It suits her age too.he also does her exhibition.

Liza has grown up since last time i saw her, she has more curves and looks little bigger, yesterday she was practicing spins but in the programs she hit her jumps. I think she took notice of the ice covering critics and she skates bigger.

Btw the  little girls of the camp look upon her and follow her everywhere like bees, lol

Mishin is really a cheerful person, he uses games to teach, today with Dickson they were showing  how not to skate with fists firm and used all kind of tricks.
    I ll go one more day to the arena because the area here has the best scenery to tour and I don't wanna miss it.
    Thank you for the great report, seniorita! Just wondering--when Miyamoto choreographs and talks to Plush and Mishin, do they all speak English? Or do they have a translator?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    They speak eachother English and with  mishin also. Thats how we grow our ears bigger and can understand what they say
    Have I said how cool Miyamoto is? He  always  skates alongside the run-throughs  to point out stuff, so it is a real treat to watch him skate and comes up with ten more ideas on the go. Everybody is fall in love with him here. Because someone asked me, the  r&j version is not the Marton arrangement he has done in the past.

Elisaveta is doing a new sit  spin variation with the free leg and her hair cutter( or how it's called) spin with hand positions, like a flower. She also learns new tricks!

Bestskate8 you should go one time, once you talk to mishin and ask him to watch, it all fine.I think mishin is the sweatest person once you meet him and I stand by that opinion no matter what people say.

I didn't see training today I went to the mountain lakes but I think Kenzo  left today.

What a super vacation you are having, seniorita!

Banned
    I think Kenzo  left today.
    What a gorgeous typo! Yes, Kenji is Kenzo, a.k.a international luxury brand.

Elisaveta is doing a new sit  spin variation with the free leg and her hair cutter( or how it's called) spin with hand positions, like a flower. She also learns new tricks!

Bestskate8 you should go one time, once you talk to mishin and ask him to watch, it all fine.I think mishin is the sweatest person once you meet him and I stand by that opinion no matter what people say.
    Seniorita, thanks again for all your updates. I'm glad to hear that Elizaveta is working on new spin positions. I'm glad that she's going to try to get level 4 on all her spins because that's just points left on the table if she doesn't. Hopefully the haircutter position with the nice hands will get her higher GOE. Can you describe the sit spin and the new tricks? Did she do jumps too or was it mainly choreography, spins and steps? Also, any chance you could give us clues on the music or did Mishin say no spilling the beans?

Also, I'm glad to see that you were able to talk to Mishin (although I think that, if I were to do that, I'd faint). Did you actually get to talk to him or any skaters/choreographers during any non-ice time though or was it just to get viewing permission?

Thanks so much for answering all of our questions. You're so lucky that you got to visit Mishin's group. I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation too!
    Thanks again!

Custom Title
    This is why we send Seniorita to these things: she maintains her poise where many of the rest of us would faint. I certainly would if I were in the same room as Mishin. And if I were in the same room with Mishin and Plushenko...call the ambulance! I'd probably just evaporate completely.

Thanks so much for sharing this unique experience with us, Seniorita. I really feel as though I spent a few moments at that wonderful rink.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast