Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko to Skate Romeo and Juliet Program

Mishin is a great person: smart, sweet, he has a great sence of humor...Mishin, one of the great wisecracking storytellers in skating, loves to describe 11-year-old Plushenko's arrival at the famed Yubileyny Sports Palace in St. Petersburg: "He looked like a cheap chicken, very green and very blue and no fat .... very ecological!"

I am just catching up on this thread and WOW seniorita, thank you for sharing! Great posts and your observations and details of Mishin's camp made me feel like I was right there at the Rink with you! How exciting for you to see Plushenko the "master" at work with Kenji. let's talk - thanks for the photos!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Mishin is a great person: smart, sweet, he has a great sence of humor...Mishin, one of the great wisecracking storytellers in skating, loves to describe 11-year-old Plushenko's arrival at the famed Yubileyny Sports Palace in St. Petersburg: "He looked like a cheap chicken, very green and very blue and no fat .... very ecological!"
    What a hilarious quote!

The loyalty between Plushy and Mishin is one of the great stories in modern skating. Each of them seems to bring out the best in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    What a hilarious quote!

The loyalty between Plushy and Mishin is one of the great stories in modern skating. Each of them seems to bring out the best in the other.
    Yes, you're right!

If you haven't seen, this was on Mishin's 70th birthday celebration, organized by Plush. Skated Johnny Weir and Stefan Lambiel too, and Urmanov, Liza, Gachi, Makarova etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5vFp...eature=related

They said in Russian:

Plushy: Alexei Nikolaevich I love you as a father. Thank you!".

Mishin: "I love you like a son.... even more."
    Last edited by plushyfan; 06-29-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Yes, you're right!

If you haven't seen, this was on Mishin's 70th birthday celebration, organized by Plush. Skated Johnny Weir and Stefan Lambiel too, and Urmanov, Liza, Gachi, Makarova etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5vFp...eature=related

They said in Russian:

Plushy: Alexei Nikolaevich I love you as a father. Thank you!".

Mishin: "I love you like a son.... even more."
    Lol I originally read that it said Mishin's 700'th birthday and I didn't even register that he wasn't 700...
    But that's sweet

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I didn't register that he was 700 either

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I didn't register that he was 700 either
    No I meant that I didn't even blink an eye when I read that he was 700 because it seemed about right considering how long he's been coaching Plushy

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    No I meant that I didn't even blink an eye when I read that he was 700 because it seemed about right considering how long he's been coaching Plushy
    If you ever read or watch the Harry Potter films, their relationship is similar to that of Harry and the headmaster, Dumbledior.

Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    If you ever read or watch the Harry Potter films, their relationship is similar to that of Harry and the headmaster, Dumbledior.
    So Mishin demonstrated all of the choreographic crotch grabs that Plushenko does by doing them on Plushy?

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    So Mishin demonstrated all of the choreographic crotch grabs that Plushenko does by doing them on Plushy?
    Those were part of moves in the field lessons. While the rest of us had to learn power threes, brackets, etc, Plush learned that move.

Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    Those were part of moves in the field lessons. While the rest of us had to learn power threes, brackets, etc, Plush learned that move.
    I know that part
    But what I meant was in reference to the comparison to Dumbledore and Harrry

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I wish I could share more, I just don't know how to transfer the image, because many things happen simultaneously on the ice and I don't  know where to look at. I went back to pinzolo today and watched morning    and evening training, I ll pass also tomorrow before continuing my trip.

By now i think I ve somehow memorized the rituals of mishin, he is all day there and there are masterclasses, run-throughs, spin classes, private lessons and jump sessions all together and he coordinates all of them with a whistle or  a gesture, and they get it.They also present themselves to him when they enter the ice and when they finish and  leave, from the tiny ones up to Plushenko. Mishin is like a maestro.

I  know Liza gave an interview yesterday  and is not sure ab her short yet, they think ab their options.  I think the one I saw in gala is one option and the one with Dickson another one, the latter is a more romantic girly program but I don't know this music although it sounds familiar. Her long is a very frequent skated  music, just a bit  different arrangement. Sasha has skated a great sp on this music   So it is not like mishin threatens me with vow of silence. it s just that her team haven't  talked ab it public, I think they are still searching

About  Liza spins, she really trains A lot, she stays on the ice the most hours. One new  is like the broken leg one..but not broken, she is also having a headless upright variation of spin,tries I-  spin , a camel variation, many, they try different combos everyday.  I know people don't like her layback but it is blurry fast, she uses her head and arms nice. She also  learns slides, split jump, hydrolabe, that kind...she trains jumps with mishin and  she works on spins with another, then choreography, her sequences a lot and extension, to keep the positions  for long   ,dickson is teaching her lots of cool stuff.

Mishin is using her as jumps example in his master classes, they have group class for   skating skills and lots of off ice condition in the forest.  And mishin has a new invention that uses on every skater's run-through   but I don't know  what they do with it. 

They train all and all 8-10 hours per day on/ off ice, so yes you  talk to them as the village is tiny , but briefly cause they all look like going from one training to the next.   I like the little ones to talk a lot because you ask them ab their program  and they light up like bulbs. There is a  tiny girl and boy in mishin team that look very promising. But all the small kids train very hard.    I would like to talk to Dickson to say how I m fascinated by how he works but I m afraid it ll end up like a love confession so i pass. And in Kenzi I just bowed and clapped! The easiest is mishin cause he is everywhere  all day and is very cheerful.

I also talked to the USA skater a couple of times, his name is Alex Johnson, I didnt know him.  Plushenko has a lot of  off-ice and he is playing football and tennis, so he is not on the ice as much. But he trains with the little boys in the evening which is really cool to watch.

Nobody asks for Arthur? He really works magic with Dickson and they work on his presentation a lot, his sequences are difficult and Dickson insists on trying new things.  His lp is a big different from the last season. 

You can see pics from camp also here www.Facebook.com/carisuler

Custom Title
    I feel as if I was there along with you! Thanks so much, Seniorita. The spins Liza is working on sound interesting. It's great the way everything gets broken down into its elements and then built up into something amazing. Plainly, coaching and training are cerebral as well as physical, especially these days with CoP.

Blue Dog, I like that comparison of Plushy and Mishin to Harry Potter and Dumbledore. Plushy is a combination of muse, protege, and apprentice, and Mishin is Dumbledore and even Merlin. I wonder whether Plushy will follow Mishin and become a coach. Then he could pass the magic down to another generation. Or maybe he'll be like Kurt and will skate as a pro until he's fifty or so. That would be great for us viewers!

So it's a Sasha sp that's really commonly used
    About a girl becoming a woman (from a previous news article)
    I'm guessing Malagueña?
    Cuz the only three sps of Sasha's that I remember are Malagueña, dark eyes and sweet and tender beast. And they are all pretty common.

Custom Title
    My favorite Sasha SP in terms of actual music is the one she did for the 2002 season (including the Olympics), the Sentimental Waltz. Is that the "sweet and tender beast" you're referencing, Macassar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDWCrlkloPA

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast