Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Was this tacky?

I scrapbook, which is girly... and I like figure skating... and Disney princesses rock... that's as girly as I get lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I scrapbook, which is girly... and I like figure skating... and Disney princesses rock... that's as girly as I get lol
    Scrapbooking....I don't do it, but I'm such a sucker for the papers and all the little doohickeys they sell at paper art stores. I use some of the charms and whatnot for decorating the doll clothes I sew.

You have a huge advantage as a scrapbooker, of course, because you take such great photos. (If I scrapbooked, I'd have to use drawings.) I'm in awe of people who can put a great scrapbook together. I had one friend who was wonderful at it. She had such an eye for design, and like you she was an excellent photographer, though not a professional.
    Last edited by Olympia; 06-26-2012 at 06:38 AM.

^ You're both talented!

There's a downside to being a photographer, though. My vacation trips are several volumes long because I take too many and even after picking the very best/favorite I still have a gazillion!

Custom Title
    There's a downside to being a photographer, though. My vacation trips are several volumes long because I take too many and even after picking the very best/favorite I still have a gazillion!
    You don't have too many photo albums! You just have too little shelf space. Or you could rent them out to other people who want to feel well-traveled...A whole new career awaits! Proxy vacationer.

The skill of ruthless decision-making is overrated, anyway.

my 2009 Disney album was 3 books and weighed over 35 pounds all together... my 2010 book is even larger (and not completed yet). Haven't started the 2011 book for myself or neice.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I am not at all interested in fancy shoes, a love of which is supposed to be the ultimate hallmark of feminity.I say phooey! Can't wear heels; wouldn't want to. As far as I'm concerned, you and I are pearls of womanhood.
    I want to be a pearl too!!!!!!

I had surgery on my foot so am unable to wear heels anymore. I think I'm more into comfort!! One of the ladies I used to work with wears heels everyday and the high and pointed ones....they are cute. Anyhow after I had my surgery I told her that the foot doctor said ...see all those women using walkers....they used to wear heels. She said no they didn't...wouldn't believe a word of it.

I'm shocked that Kwanford Wife hasn't shown up for this!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I want to be a pearl too!!!!!!

I had surgery on my foot so am unable to wear heels anymore. I think I'm more into comfort!! One of the ladies I used to work with wears heels everyday and the high and pointed ones....they are cute. Anyhow after I had my surgery I told her that the foot doctor said ...see all those women using walkers....they used to wear heels. She said no they didn't...wouldn't believe a word of it.

The tallest heels I used to wear was 3" when I worked in NYC. Walked to my office in sneakers and slipped on heels. However, I wore the heels when we went for lunch or out in the evening. Didn't bother me.

Then, I moved to NJ and office attire become more casual. Heels went down to 1" to 2" or flats.

Last year, I tore my ACL. So, I got rid of most heels (kept 1" heels for dressier occasions) and wear flats. It's really hard to find different looking flats with the type of sole I prefer. A lot of flats have really thin soles - where you can kinda feel bumps in the surface - or the soles are man made (which means it's easier to slip.) I prefer flats with a padded sole and leather/rubber walking surface.

I really can't comprehend how other women wear heels that are higher than 3" reguarly. Even if they are expensive (a la Manolo's, Jimmy Choo's, etc), I don't know who it can be comfortable to walk in the city wearing them. Even standing on a hard surface in them is painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I haven't heard from KW in forEVER! I miss her! I still laugh thinking of how she she commented one time that Mathman was my father and she was my mother lol

Custom Title
    I haven't heard from KW in forEVER! I miss her! I still laugh thinking of how she she commented one time that Mathman was my father and she was my mother lol
    Yes, I too wonder how she's doing.

One of my office mates wears Shoes. Everyone else dresses for comfort, but she wears Shoes--even her boots have high heels. And she doesn't walk around in sneakers; she keeps the heels on. She even has a pair of heels with the red soles. Not the really expensive ones (I think it's Leboutin who makes the really pricey red-soled shoes), but an imitation for them. I honestly don't know how she survives on those stilts, but more power to her. She upholds the honor of the office.

Heyang, I feel the same way about flats. There are a lot of thin-soled flats, such as ballet flats, that are worse than walking barefoot. They have no shock absorption at all. I've found some Mary Janes with a strap across the inset) with heavier, non-skid soles (with almost a sneaker construction) that look more elegant than running shoes but have almost the same comfort.

Even some of my dolls, who have very elegant shoes and wear them well, have sneakers. One kind of doll has convertible feet and can wear flats or heels. She has little sneakers with real laces. (Tying the bows is quite a challenge.)
    Last edited by Olympia; 06-26-2012 at 09:23 PM.

I wear my Mickey Crocs or some slip on sketchers... I don't need things to match... it drives people nuts... I also wear Christmas socks all year long.

I can't even stand in stilletos,let alone walk in them. I once tried some on in a store and the pain in the ball of my foot was unbearable. My poor feet hurt the next two or three days. Maybe it's just the build of my foot?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Johar View Post
    I can't even stand in stilletos,let alone walk in them. I once tried some on in a store and the pain in the ball of my foot was unbearable. My poor feet hurt the next two or three days. Maybe it's just the build of my foot?
    I think your feet were just trying to protect you from a bad mistake. Smart feet!

My balance is good, but I once tried on just one spike-heeled shoe, while wearing my own sneaker on the other foot, and I darn near toppled over. Not for me!

I have long feet and an extra bone in my right foot (which is very common I've found out) which causes issues when trying to fit into cute shoes... so I don't even try that much anymore.

My ankles turn easily, even in tennis shoes. Could this and the fact I developed bunions at a very young age (not from ill fitting shoes) be why I can't handles high heels? Just standing in them hurts at the base of my toes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast