Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Was this tacky?

that's a definite possibility... I think if you don't train your feet from an early age, heels just won't be for you...

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I still laugh thinking of how she she commented one time that Mathman was my father and she was my mother lol
    That is definitely a KW comment!!!

While in Newport, RI several years ago, my friends and I took the Cliff Walk. Beautiful, but rocky. There were some teenagers also walking, but they were wearing high heeled sneakers. I'm suprprised they didnt' twist an ankle.

I'm just glad my little nieces don't wear heels (currently age 10 and 6). I can't believe they make heels for little girls.

my neice has worn high wedges since age 2 lol she's going to be one of those always in heels...

I hiked up to Exit Glacier in dress sandals one yearr... not a smart move, but I did it without injury

Custom Title
    I have long feet, too, plus early bunions. (I hear that this comes from being very loose-jointed.) My feet serve me well on long walks as long as I wear cushiony sneakers, so I'm not about to complain about not being able to wear spike heels. I have dolls who do that for me! Plus I have my desk neighbor, who is only too glad to be the shoe mascot for the entire office. She comes in and displays her shoes, and I can have the fun of seeing amazing footwear without making the effort of teetering around in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    That is definitely a KW comment!!!
    she needs to get her powerhouse soccer mom butt back in here.

My highest heels are no more than 2 inches, if that! I don't see how people can wear those high heels for hours? I love the rounded toe ballet flat look.

Well, tonight I managed to roll my left ankle pretty hard while wearing flip flops on level ground. What a dumb [color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color] I am; I can't even walk on level ground without getting injured. I have no clue what happened or why it happened. I went flying forward and barely caught myself or I would've hit my friend's car face first.

Years ago I was walking down the street to a wedding reception. Around me girls were wearing heels and I was wearing "sensible" black flats. Guess who's ankle turned on a flat, level sidewalk? Yep, mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I have long feet, too, plus early bunions. (I hear that this comes from being very loose-jointed.) My feet serve me well on long walks as long as I wear cushiony sneakers, so I'm not about to complain about not being able to wear spike heels. I have dolls who do that for me! Plus I have my desk neighbor, who is only too glad to be the shoe mascot for the entire office. She comes in and displays her shoes, and I can have the fun of seeing amazing footwear without making the effort of teetering around in them.
    I grew up with a mom who believed bunions were always caused by wearing bad shoes. I was a tennis shoe girl growing up. Could my bunions have a correlation with ankles that turn/roll without any real cause?

Also, I was THE ONLY kid on the lake who never got up on water skis. Not even for a split second. As soon as the boat would start to pull me up my ankles would turn. My parents were so disappointed in me because of that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Johar View Post
    I grew up with a mom who believed bunions were always caused by wearing bad shoes. I was a tennis shoe girl growing up. Could my bunions have a correlation with ankles that turn/roll without any real cause?

Also, I was THE ONLY kid on the lake who never got up on water skis. Not even for a split second. As soon as the boat would start to pull me up my ankles would turn. My parents were so disappointed in me because of that.
    I'm sure the two conditions are related in you--maybe loose joints, or lack of muscle tone. I have strong ankles (knocking wood) but bad arches, which is my variation on the theme. You might want to find out about foot and ankle exercises you could do just while sitting around: flexing and extending your feet, rotating, etc. That's what I do. Wait for your poor ankle to heal first, of course!

Actually, flipflops are easy to fall in. They don't support your feet at all, and in addition your heel can slip off them, making you lose your balance. A shoe with more structure or better fastening is better for you. This is why I live in running shoes. There's a kind of mary jane sneaker with a strap across the instep but with a sneaker sole, which I find more summery yet still comfy. You could look into that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3