Was this tacky? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Was this tacky?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my 2009 Disney album was 3 books and weighed over 35 pounds all together... my 2010 book is even larger (and not completed yet). Haven't started the 2011 book for myself or neice.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If it makes you feel better, I am not at all interested in fancy shoes, a love of which is supposed to be the ultimate hallmark of feminity.I say phooey! Can't wear heels; wouldn't want to. As far as I'm concerned, you and I are pearls of womanhood.
I want to be a pearl too!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I had surgery on my foot so am unable to wear heels anymore. I think I'm more into comfort!! One of the ladies I used to work with wears heels everyday and the high and pointed ones....they are cute. Anyhow after I had my surgery I told her that the foot doctor said ...see all those women using walkers....they used to wear heels. She said no they didn't...wouldn't believe a word of it. :laugh: :laugh:

I'm shocked that Kwanford Wife hasn't shown up for this!!!!!

heyang

Record Breaker
I want to be a pearl too!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I had surgery on my foot so am unable to wear heels anymore. I think I'm more into comfort!! One of the ladies I used to work with wears heels everyday and the high and pointed ones....they are cute. Anyhow after I had my surgery I told her that the foot doctor said ...see all those women using walkers....they used to wear heels. She said no they didn't...wouldn't believe a word of it. :laugh: :laugh:

The tallest heels I used to wear was 3" when I worked in NYC. Walked to my office in sneakers and slipped on heels. However, I wore the heels when we went for lunch or out in the evening. Didn't bother me.

Then, I moved to NJ and office attire become more casual. Heels went down to 1" to 2" or flats.

Last year, I tore my ACL. So, I got rid of most heels (kept 1" heels for dressier occasions) and wear flats. It's really hard to find different looking flats with the type of sole I prefer. A lot of flats have really thin soles - where you can kinda feel bumps in the surface - or the soles are man made (which means it's easier to slip.) I prefer flats with a padded sole and leather/rubber walking surface.

I really can't comprehend how other women wear heels that are higher than 3" reguarly. Even if they are expensive (a la Manolo's, Jimmy Choo's, etc), I don't know who it can be comfortable to walk in the city wearing them. Even standing on a hard surface in them is painful.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

I haven't heard from KW in forEVER! :cry: I miss her! I still laugh thinking of how she she commented one time that Mathman was my father and she was my mother lol

I haven't heard from KW in forEVER! :cry: I miss her! I still laugh thinking of how she she commented one time that Mathman was my father and she was my mother lol

Yes, I too wonder how she's doing.

One of my office mates wears Shoes. Everyone else dresses for comfort, but she wears Shoes--even her boots have high heels. And she doesn't walk around in sneakers; she keeps the heels on. She even has a pair of heels with the red soles. Not the really expensive ones (I think it's Leboutin who makes the really pricey red-soled shoes), but an imitation for them. I honestly don't know how she survives on those stilts, but more power to her. She upholds the honor of the office.

Heyang, I feel the same way about flats. There are a lot of thin-soled flats, such as ballet flats, that are worse than walking barefoot. They have no shock absorption at all. I've found some Mary Janes with a strap across the inset) with heavier, non-skid soles (with almost a sneaker construction) that look more elegant than running shoes but have almost the same comfort.

Even some of my dolls, who have very elegant shoes and wear them well, have sneakers. One kind of doll has convertible feet and can wear flats or heels. She has little sneakers with real laces. (Tying the bows is quite a challenge.)

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wear my Mickey Crocs or some slip on sketchers... I don't need things to match... it drives people nuts... I also wear Christmas socks all year long.

Johar

Medalist
I can't even stand in stilletos,let alone walk in them. I once tried some on in a store and the pain in the ball of my foot was unbearable. My poor feet hurt the next two or three days. Maybe it's just the build of my foot?

I can't even stand in stilletos,let alone walk in them. I once tried some on in a store and the pain in the ball of my foot was unbearable. My poor feet hurt the next two or three days. Maybe it's just the build of my foot?

I think your feet were just trying to protect you from a bad mistake. Smart feet!

My balance is good, but I once tried on just one spike-heeled shoe, while wearing my own sneaker on the other foot, and I darn near toppled over. Not for me!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have long feet and an extra bone in my right foot (which is very common I've found out) which causes issues when trying to fit into cute shoes... so I don't even try that much anymore.

Johar

Medalist
My ankles turn easily, even in tennis shoes. Could this and the fact I developed bunions at a very young age (not from ill fitting shoes) be why I can't handles high heels? Just standing in them hurts at the base of my toes.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
that's a definite possibility... I think if you don't train your feet from an early age, heels just won't be for you...

heyang

Record Breaker
While in Newport, RI several years ago, my friends and I took the Cliff Walk. Beautiful, but rocky. There were some teenagers also walking, but they were wearing high heeled sneakers. I'm suprprised they didnt' twist an ankle.

I'm just glad my little nieces don't wear heels (currently age 10 and 6). I can't believe they make heels for little girls.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my neice has worn high wedges since age 2 lol she's going to be one of those always in heels...

I hiked up to Exit Glacier in dress sandals one yearr... not a smart move, but I did it without injury

I have long feet, too, plus early bunions. (I hear that this comes from being very loose-jointed.) My feet serve me well on long walks as long as I wear cushiony sneakers, so I'm not about to complain about not being able to wear spike heels. I have dolls who do that for me! Plus I have my desk neighbor, who is only too glad to be the shoe mascot for the entire office. She comes in and displays her shoes, and I can have the fun of seeing amazing footwear without making the effort of teetering around in them.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My highest heels are no more than 2 inches, if that! I don't see how people can wear those high heels for hours? I love the rounded toe ballet flat look.

Johar

Medalist
Well, tonight I managed to roll my left ankle pretty hard while wearing flip flops on level ground. What a dumb *** I am; I can't even walk on level ground without getting injured. I have no clue what happened or why it happened. I went flying forward and barely caught myself or I would've hit my friend's car face first.

Years ago I was walking down the street to a wedding reception. Around me girls were wearing heels and I was wearing "sensible" black flats. Guess who's ankle turned on a flat, level sidewalk? Yep, mine.

Johar

Medalist
I have long feet, too, plus early bunions. (I hear that this comes from being very loose-jointed.) My feet serve me well on long walks as long as I wear cushiony sneakers, so I'm not about to complain about not being able to wear spike heels. I have dolls who do that for me! Plus I have my desk neighbor, who is only too glad to be the shoe mascot for the entire office. She comes in and displays her shoes, and I can have the fun of seeing amazing footwear without making the effort of teetering around in them.

I grew up with a mom who believed bunions were always caused by wearing bad shoes. I was a tennis shoe girl growing up. Could my bunions have a correlation with ankles that turn/roll without any real cause?

Also, I was THE ONLY kid on the lake who never got up on water skis. Not even for a split second. As soon as the boat would start to pull me up my ankles would turn. My parents were so disappointed in me because of that.

I grew up with a mom who believed bunions were always caused by wearing bad shoes. I was a tennis shoe girl growing up. Could my bunions have a correlation with ankles that turn/roll without any real cause?

Also, I was THE ONLY kid on the lake who never got up on water skis. Not even for a split second. As soon as the boat would start to pull me up my ankles would turn. My parents were so disappointed in me because of that.

I'm sure the two conditions are related in you--maybe loose joints, or lack of muscle tone. I have strong ankles (knocking wood) but bad arches, which is my variation on the theme. You might want to find out about foot and ankle exercises you could do just while sitting around: flexing and extending your feet, rotating, etc. That's what I do. Wait for your poor ankle to heal first, of course!

Actually, flipflops are easy to fall in. They don't support your feet at all, and in addition your heel can slip off them, making you lose your balance. A shoe with more structure or better fastening is better for you. This is why I live in running shoes. There's a kind of mary jane sneaker with a strap across the instep but with a sneaker sole, which I find more summery yet still comfy. You could look into that.