Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: U.S. Olympic Trials: Anyone Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    The swim trials are in my city so I am definitely watching.

Toni, what is wrong with Michael Phelps???
    his persona rubs me wrong... I get that he's GOOD... but personality wise he's a huge zero forr me.

Custom Title
    Has anyone heard anything about Dara Torres? I always root for her. It's like her fourth or fifth Olympics. Go, Dara!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about Dara Torres? I always root for her. It's like her fourth or fifth Olympics. Go, Dara!
    I thought she was supposed to be in the trials but haven't heard a word about her.

she might not have made it out of the prelims?

Custom Title
    Well, tonight I'm finally getting to watch Olympic trials. I realize that one thing about swimming (and running also) is that they're easier to watch in terms of not fearing dreadful injury for the participants. There's some gymnastics on as well as swimming tonight, and someone fell onto her back, someone else injured an elbow before the actual competition and had to withdraw. It's way too tense. Swimming is just full speed ahead (or behind if they're doing backstroke). I know that swimmers get wear-and-tear joint injuries, especially of the shoulders, but that's different from risking life and limb.

Oh, and somone just fell from the uneven bars. Up she bounced and continued her routine.

The swimmers, male and female alike, look like demigods. They are so tall and perfectly sculpted. Ryan Lochte could qualify for honorable mention on our list of handsome skaters. (He works in pre-frozen ice. That qualifies!) They showed a heat with Lochte and Michael Phelps racing in adjoining lanes in a semifinal. They were so far ahead of the rest of the field that you couldn't see the other swimmers in the camera shot.
    Last edited by Olympia; 06-29-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    She just lost so won't make the Olympic swim team. I was wishing she could have gone one more time. What a trooper though!!

AGT just chacked the Olympic Trials tonight for me. I am not a happy camper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2