Figure skates and Snow white skates interchangable? | Golden Skate

Figure skates and Snow white skates interchangable?

Wildstorm

Rinkside
I am interested in purchacing a pair of snow white inline skates to use during the off season. I was looking on Risport's website and comparing the RF2 Super with the inlines Risport supplies. I was searching for an inline closest to the RF2 Supers that I curently skate in.
Are the blades and wheels are mounted the same way?
For instance, could I purchace the figure skating boot I am used to and have wheels mounted to it instead of the blade?
If not which models are the closest to the skate I am used to?
Does anyone have wheel suggestions? :think:

Sidenote: What are the differences, as far as technique goes, between inline and figure skating?
also (random fear) is it more painful to fall in roller skates in a roller rink than figure skates on an ice rink?

treesprite

Final Flight
Very cool! Let us know how the skating goes, because I am really interested in these things.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
A friend of mine at my old rink had pic skates and she really worked wonders with them--she was invited to inline competitions around the world! She could do nearly everything that she could do on the ice (including split jumps!) on a flat surface. They also looked extremely comfortable and not bumpy like many inline skates tend to feel. I would definitely recommend these during the summer months or if you can't get to rink as often as you like even though I have not tried them personally. I have heard nothing but good things about them! The man who runs the company is also extremely kind and helpful with things such as figuring out how many wheels you need for your foot size, etc. :)

PS. treesprite I just noticed you were from MD!! Me too!! :cool:

Last edited:

treesprite

Final Flight
Tried them out yet? I would like to know which wheels (do they call it a plate that the wheels go on?) did you get?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If anyone should wonder why links to pic skates are OK, Pic skates are a Golden Skate advertiser, so we are always happy when our posters talk about them.

Commercial sites that are not GS advertisers should still not be linked to.

Wildstorm

Rinkside
I won't be getting them for a while, I want to start looking at skates and blades so I have a chance to shop around for the best ones. Once I have a job I can start saving for a pair.