Global Warming | Golden Skate

Global Warming

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Our country, our planet is suffering the ravages of global warming. Fires, droughts, floods, heatwaves, hurricanes, tornadoes, FLA got 2 feet of water. We need to elect leaders and pray they will stop burining fossil fuels and use gree energy. It may be too late. May God somehow open minds and hearts to conservation and protecting the earh before (?) it is too late.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Oh, sorry, I just hope folks are connecting all the dots since the 90's. We are going tto have hottest summer on record and winter was nonexistent, so without these rain storms we would be burning up too. As for Colorada, your Prez is coming on Friday.

Anyone know if the Peshtigo, WI is still the biggest fire in US history? It has a fascinating miracle (Mary intervened) associated with it.

God help Colorado.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I agree, skateluvr. People forget that we're not inheriting the Earth from our ancestors, but borrowing it from our children.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I like the old Indian saying "Walk lightly on the Earth." I guess anything gets political, but the weather is more disturbed every year. We had 4 seasons growing up, and they were distinct. The humidity is very bad now in summer and many cannot tolerate it. Many in my bldg cannot afford AC, so I am always asking if people are ok on the sweltering days. We had 90 degree days but they were rare. Who in the world denies global warming after decades of crazy weather everywhere? I wish they were telling us on 'news' how many are dying from extreme weather in each region/continent. It is indeed a big killer of young/old/ill people, and those without shelter.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree, skateluvr. People forget that we're not inheriting the Earth from our ancestors, but borrowing it from our children.

you don't have children. ;)

I think we absolutely need to be taking better care of "mother earth", however there has to be a middle ground. you can't turn off fossil fuels before you can turn on the green power and expect it to all work out.

A lot of the materials that go into making the "greener" fuels - are gotten by much more harmful drilling than that of oil (copper mines, yuck). So there's that to consider, as well as the COST... those things aren't cheap. It's not like we have tons of cash floating around. China already owns us as it is!

I'm not saying it's impossible, but thinking that "green fuel" is a simple solution does not help the problem either. Alaskans have a lot of folks going green - and not just for the tax incentive - but we're still working to open up drilling - because we have to have fuel to keep going while we transfer over.

blue dog

Record Breaker
I think, personally, that we need to be open to all sources. Where we need to look besides alternative sources, are having machines than run on even less fuel.

blue dog

Record Breaker
Skateluvr, speaking of seasons, last year, in southern California, our seasons totally flipped! We already have spring 365, but last year, the winter was not just warm, but HOT. During the winter, many of us wore coats to watch fireworks at 4th of July.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think, personally, that we need to be open to all sources. Where we need to look besides alternative sources, are having machines than run on even less fuel.

exactly... extremes is what got us in the mess we're in politically... I am an "extreme right" by media definition, but all I want is for folks to use common sense.

besides, I'm ALWAYS going to be REITTER than everyone else ;)

blue dog

Record Breaker
Toni, I beg your pardon?! I have children! My beagle...