Advice needed on taping up boots for support | Golden Skate

Advice needed on taping up boots for support

Irishflip

On the Ice
Ok so I'm going to Jaca for a two week skating course in a few days, and my skates are in really poor condition, offering little to no support, I can literally squeeze the boots until the two sides a touching! And I'm trying doubles. My coach advised taping them up for support and I honestly don't care about them losing colour because I'm getting new ones the second I get back so I'm using medical tape for extra support. My problem is I'm not completely sure exactly where to put the tape and how much to use :confused:. They're Risport RF4s if that helps, thank you in advance!

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Ok so I'm going to Jaca for a two week skating course in a few days, and my skates are in really poor condition, offering little to no support, I can literally squeeze the boots until the two sides a touching! And I'm trying doubles. My coach advised taping them up for support and I honestly don't care about them losing colour because I'm getting new ones the second I get back so I'm using medical tape for extra support. My problem is I'm not completely sure exactly where to put the tape and how much to use :confused:. They're Risport RF4s if that helps, thank you in advance!

I've never had to use them, but the skaters at my rink who do tend to tape their skates tape the area with the hooks. Also, they tend to use a quarter of the roll on one foot.

Irishflip

On the Ice
Thank you so much, I was worried I'd end up having to guess. Also unrelated to the tape, I heard Elizaveta Tuktamysheva went to Mishin's camp in Jaca last year....which happens to be on at the same time as mine this year :biggrin: I may get to see her if she goes again this year. Fingers crossed!

Dreaswi

Rinkside
The tape used at our rink is the plain silver duct tape. It is wider and stronger than medical tape.