Yuna Kim announces return to competition--retirement after Sochi | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim announces return to competition--retirement after Sochi

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I second your OT, deedee1! Go, Daisuke!.

(Ahem. Sorry. Had to do it.)

I think YuNa is in a better position than Plushenko because she seems to have fewer wear-and-tear injuries. That could mean that she'll have fewer factors slowing her down as she practices. She'll have to match Plushenko in determination, and if she does, she'll do splendidly in Sochi, and even in this season's Worlds. Man, this is starting to get exciting.

Plushenko's biggest problems weren't the injuries in 2009. He fought with himself, he was fat, had to lose cca 22 pounds weight in 2009. That was so hard. And he was (is) part of the Russian showbusiness, not woke up too early in the mornings. I don't think Yuna has similar problems.

Plushenko's biggest problems weren't the injuries in 2009. He fought with himself, he was fat, had to lose cca 22 pounds weight in 2009. That was so hard. And he was (is) part of the Russian showbusiness, not woke up too early in the mornings. I don't think Yuna has similar problems.

Thanks for the details. Everything you mention makes Plushy sound even more admirable, doesn't it? He must have worked fiendishly hard to get himself back on a competitive track, and he succeeded brilliantly. I hope YuNa is made of the same material as Plushy, and that she gets herself back into equally high-level condition.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Has YuNa announced where she will be training or who her coach will be? I wonder if she will stay with Oppergard and train in LA.
I am looking forward to YuNa's return.

OT I love YuNa's new hair do!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Thanks for the details. Everything you mention makes Plushy sound even more admirable, doesn't it? He must have worked fiendishly hard to get himself back on a competitive track, and he succeeded brilliantly. I hope YuNa is made of the same material as Plushy, and that she gets herself back into equally high-level condition.

Yes, I wish her too. I hope the competitions will be very hot in Sochi. :)

One can only hope! The determination shown on her way to Vancouver sure seemed a lot like that's the case, though.

Has YuNa announced where she will be training or who her coach will be? I wonder if she will stay with Oppergard and train in LA.
I am looking forward to YuNa's return.

OT I love YuNa's new hair do!

Details on her training are yet to be announced. I think going back to Peter is a good idea since they looked adjusted to each other just right in Moscow.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Kim is a great skater. If she really comes back to competition that will force the other girls to bring the best out of themselves. That helps in increasing the level of the competition. Besides, she has star quality that will help bring attention to the sport. In normal circumstances, if Kim wins a second olympic gold medal the other girls don't have to be ashamed or sad for being second to a skater of this caliber. If any of the other girls gets to beat Kim, that increases the value of that victory. So, I only see good things about Kim's comeback. :)
I hope she's happy with whatever choice she makes in her career and I wish she keeps working with David Wilson. Just curious about who might be her coach...

Kim is a great skater. If she really comes back to competition that will force the other girls to bring the best out of themselves. That helps in increasing the level of the competition. Besides, she has star quality that will help bring attention to the sport. In normal circumstances, if Kim wins a second olympic gold medal the other girls don't have to be ashamed or sad for being second to a skater of this caliber. If any of the other girls gets to beat Kim, that increases the value of that victory. So, I only see good things about Kim's comeback. :)
I hope she's happy with whatever choice she makes in her career and I wish she keeps working with David Wilson. Just curious about who might be her coach...
Really awesome post, mikiandorocks!

In one of those translated articles, she clearly stated that she'll be with David Wilson all the way. Though I hope she tries at least another choreographer, especially Shae-lyn!

bebevia

On the Ice
I hope she tries at least another choreographer, especially Shae-lyn!

I agree; I've been hoping she'd do another Tom Dickson SP, possibly latin/tango, remembering how her Tango de Roxanne brought a whole different set of esthetics from what she has been showing. Also, she once mentioned that she wanted try another tango music, saying that she was too young to fully bring out the program (Roxanne) back then.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
I agree; I've been hoping she'd do another Tom Dickson SP, possibly latin/tango, remembering how her Tango de Roxanne brought a whole different set of esthetics from what she has been showing.

:agree:
Up until today, Roxanne + Lark Ascending still is the BEST combination of competitive programs by YuNa for me! :)