Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Comebacks: Ando, Kim, Plushenko, Weir, etc.

Custom Title

Comebacks: Ando, Kim, Plushenko, Weir, etc.

WOW!!

Ando, YuNa, Plushenko, Weir are back!!

going to be amazing!!

I hope with Yu Na news that both Rochette and Lysacek come back!!

I wished Lepisto waited until the summer too before she made her decision. I am sure she could have came back too, it's never too late Laura!!

Rinkside
    There was so much news about Lysacek last season, but I have not heard anything lately. I assume he is quietly training somewhere?

I'm glad to see all the names you listed as "returnees". I hope we hear something positive from Joannie (soon!) as well.

Last I remember reading out of Lysacek's camp was that he and the USFSA had *almost* reached an agreement and that he *hoped* to be back this season. Haven't seen anything since then suggesting he was actually coming back.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ^I thought I read about his new program, Sampson&Dalila.No?

how many times Plush comes back? Like a phoinix? Isnt a comeback the last season one?

I could've missed something. I honestly haven't kept up with skating news. I'm being sucked into the sport of dog mushing more and more -and even in that I can't keep up!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I could've missed something. I honestly haven't kept up with skating news. I'm being sucked into the sport of dog mushing more and more -and even in that I can't keep up!
    if you're being consumed with dog mushing even in the summer, we're going to have to alert you with a brass band during the skating season. You'll be completely engulfed with doggy splendor by autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    if you're being consumed with dog mushing even in the summer, we're going to have to alert you with a brass band during the skating season. You'll be completely engulfed with doggy splendor by autumn.
    Well Iditarod 2013 registration just openned up on Saturday, so it's already in the swing of things for next season. I work for/with mushers... so it's bound to happen. lol

Laura has had one too many injuries on her to rethink her decision. I feel just sorry for her whenever I think of her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    WOW!!

Ando, YuNa, Plushenko, Weir are back!!

going to be amazing!!

I hope with Yu Na news that both Rochette and Lysacek come back!!

I wished Lepisto waited until the summer too before she made her decision. I am sure she could have came back too, it's never too late Laura!!

Plushenko skated last year, and become European Champion 2012, so he is continuing to skate.

The off topic convo can be found in Le Cafe

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ihphan View Post
    There was so much news about Lysacek last season, but I have not heard anything lately. I assume he is quietly training somewhere?

I'm glad to see all the names you listed as "returnees". I hope we hear something positive from Joannie (soon!) as well.
    Welcome to Golden Skate, ihphan!

We hope you will post long & often.

And Joannie is thinking over competing in Sochi

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...149967575.html

With the new TES rules for entries, she should probably try to compete this year to get the required scores (and to insure than Canada actually has a spot for the Olympics)
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-05-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    New IN article:
    "Kostner may retire, Ando committed to competing: Last two ladies world champions heading in opposite directions"

I have been wondering whether Ando's heart is really in her comeback.
    I cannot read Japanese, but some of the recent tweets that Ando has sent in English give the impression that she is seriously depressed. Skater friends, such as Misha Ge and Daisuke Murakami, have been trying to cheer her up.
    Success on the ice doesn't necessarily bring happiness.
    Best wishes to both Ando and Kostner, no matter what their futures hold!

Custom Title
    Oh, no! Ando is depressed? That's sad to hear. I'm glad that she has friends who are trying to help her. Do any Japanese-speaking GS fans have access to reports or communications that they can share with us?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post

I have been wondering whether Ando's heart is really in her comeback.
    I cannot read Japanese, but some of the recent tweets that Ando has sent in English give the impression that she is seriously depressed. Skater friends, such as Misha Ge and Daisuke Murakami, have been trying to cheer her up.
    Yes, I follow her on Twitter too and some of her tweets are very sad. I am actually surprised how openly she tells about her feeling, almost like she would be seeking for a help. If her come-back is so difficult, she shouldn't force it. Also she seems to be very heartbroken.

I need the light in my life...I don't know what to do... I feel I am in lost..

until when I have to be strong!? I went through so many times to be strong... Kill myself... I want to be happy...

I born to die

https://twitter.com/181712
    Last edited by glam; 07-06-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    Yes, I follow her on Twitter too and some of her tweets are very sad. I am actually surprised how openly she tells about her feeling, almost like she would be seeking for a help. If her come-back is so difficult, she shouldn't force it. Also she seems to be very heartbroken.
    What is her twitter handle?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast