Comebacks: Ando, Kim, Plushenko, Weir, etc. | Golden Skate

Comebacks: Ando, Kim, Plushenko, Weir, etc.

russell30

Final Flight
WOW!!

Ando, YuNa, Plushenko, Weir are back!!

going to be amazing!!

I hope with Yu Na news that both Rochette and Lysacek come back!!

I wished Lepisto waited until the summer too before she made her decision. I am sure she could have came back too, it's never too late Laura!!

ihphan

Spectator
There was so much news about Lysacek last season, but I have not heard anything lately. I assume he is quietly training somewhere?

I'm glad to see all the names you listed as "returnees". I hope we hear something positive from Joannie (soon!) as well.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Last I remember reading out of Lysacek's camp was that he and the USFSA had *almost* reached an agreement and that he *hoped* to be back this season. Haven't seen anything since then suggesting he was actually coming back.

seniorita

Record Breaker
^I thought I read about his new program, Sampson&Dalila.No?

how many times Plush comes back? Like a phoinix? :) Isnt a comeback the last season one? :p

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I could've missed something. I honestly haven't kept up with skating news. I'm being sucked into the sport of dog mushing more and more -and even in that I can't keep up!

I could've missed something. I honestly haven't kept up with skating news. I'm being sucked into the sport of dog mushing more and more -and even in that I can't keep up!

if you're being consumed with dog mushing even in the summer, we're going to have to alert you with a brass band during the skating season. You'll be completely engulfed with doggy splendor by autumn.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
if you're being consumed with dog mushing even in the summer, we're going to have to alert you with a brass band during the skating season. You'll be completely engulfed with doggy splendor by autumn.

Well Iditarod 2013 registration just openned up on Saturday, so it's already in the swing of things for next season. I work for/with mushers... so it's bound to happen. lol

Laura has had one too many injuries on her to rethink her decision. I feel just sorry for her whenever I think of her.

bestskate8

On the Ice
WOW!!

Ando, YuNa, Plushenko, Weir are back!!

going to be amazing!!

I hope with Yu Na news that both Rochette and Lysacek come back!!

I wished Lepisto waited until the summer too before she made her decision. I am sure she could have came back too, it's never too late Laura!!

Plushenko skated last year, and become European Champion 2012, so he is continuing to skate.:)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There was so much news about Lysacek last season, but I have not heard anything lately. I assume he is quietly training somewhere?

I'm glad to see all the names you listed as "returnees". I hope we hear something positive from Joannie (soon!) as well.

Welcome to Golden Skate, ihphan!

We hope you will post long & often.

And Joannie is thinking over competing in Sochi

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/other/rochette-pondering-return-to-olys-149967575.html

With the new TES rules for entries, she should probably try to compete this year to get the required scores (and to insure than Canada actually has a spot for the Olympics)

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
New IN article:
"Kostner may retire, Ando committed to competing: Last two ladies world champions heading in opposite directions"

I have been wondering whether Ando's heart is really in her comeback.
I cannot read Japanese, but some of the recent tweets that Ando has sent in English give the impression that she is seriously depressed. Skater friends, such as Misha Ge and Daisuke Murakami, have been trying to cheer her up.
Success on the ice doesn't necessarily bring happiness.
Best wishes to both Ando and Kostner, no matter what their futures hold!

Oh, no! Ando is depressed? That's sad to hear. I'm glad that she has friends who are trying to help her. Do any Japanese-speaking GS fans have access to reports or communications that they can share with us?

glam

On the Ice
I have been wondering whether Ando's heart is really in her comeback.
I cannot read Japanese, but some of the recent tweets that Ando has sent in English give the impression that she is seriously depressed. Skater friends, such as Misha Ge and Daisuke Murakami, have been trying to cheer her up.

Yes, I follow her on Twitter too and some of her tweets are very sad. I am actually surprised how openly she tells about her feeling, almost like she would be seeking for a help. If her come-back is so difficult, she shouldn't force it. Also she seems to be very heartbroken.

I need the light in my life...I don't know what to do... I feel I am in lost..

until when I have to be strong!? I went through so many times to be strong... Kill myself... I want to be happy...

I born to die

https://twitter.com/181712

Last edited:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Yes, I follow her on Twitter too and some of her tweets are very sad. I am actually surprised how openly she tells about her feeling, almost like she would be seeking for a help. If her come-back is so difficult, she shouldn't force it. Also she seems to be very heartbroken.
What is her twitter handle?

Miki's tweets are very disturbingly sad. I hope she actually seeks out for help and get her mind/heart set before the serious training starts.

glam

On the Ice
I just noticed that Miki has even changed her profile pic to a darkness. I wonder why is she trying to come back then? Is her federation or someone forcing her?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
What is her twitter handle?

Ando is @181712

Although she does not have one of Twitter's officially verified accounts, I feel quite sure that it is really hers. @181712 tweets back and forth with other well-known skaters all the time.

ETA:
Oops, I see now that glam already answered your question above. Thanks for your posts, glam.

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
I feel with Ando's lack of real enthusiasm she could flop at her GP events. Something like last season Fumie Sugari. Sugari wanted to skate but no longer had the technical ability. Ando may have the technical potential but is so lacking enthusiasm she could do just doubles or fall on triples and not be herself.

used2skate

Spectator
Come-backs sound glamorous but when it really has to happen few can do it in any sport. Nastia Lyukin was painful to watch. Janet Evans an amazing effort but not to be. An ex-Olympian always has that competitive fire, but time marches on.