Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Comebacks: Ando, Kim, Plushenko, Weir, etc.

Custom Title
    Oh, wouldn't it have been nice if the judges had seen Takahashi the way you (and I) do and had given him the gold. I like your argument in his favor.

I remember how wonderful Lambiel's short program was. I was sorry he kind of fell apart for the long program, but seeing that short was worth it. He has an Olympic medal anyway, from 2006, so I don't feel as bad for him as I otherwise would. He's one of the great skaters of the past decade--one of those originals who makes you remember what skating is for, and why you are a fan. The same is true of Takahashi, in my estimation.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Everything matters. Bad air position means less GOE.

I was really referring to arguments from some who really don't even know GOE exist! Like I kow it meant less GOE but some people would say and write about leans and that would be the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post

plushyfan, I'd say Morosov is blatantly politicking, that Kerr actually has very little in her comment that relates to PCS scoring and Nicky has a little more, but not enough for me to actually argue.

I didnt want to argue, i just wanted to show other opinions, and I can show you more opinions(in french:http://www.rts.ch/sport/autres-sport...plushenko.html). In Europe we are thinking other way about figure skating- you could see in Nice after men's competition-. That isn't the best program, what is includes utmost transitions. Many figure skating fans, or simply audience don't think that is the most important part of figure skating. We believe this is a sport, we want to see high, hard jumps, interesting, fast footworks, fun and artist lecture mode, and risk, especially in man skating, not mathematics. And of course, flawless skating from the champion. Personally this is the reason, why I like the Russian school. But the skating has changed -thanks to the Canadien ice dance expert, and ISU's policy( they want more money)- and the Russians need to adapt to the new era. And that is fact, Plushy grow up in old system, and I'm sure if he would have grown up in modern era, he could do everything best. He worked hard in whole life, and he has unique talent. And he is learning constantly, he is improving his skating even today.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 08-26-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Regardless of Weir's comeback on the ice, he apparently has other ambitions too ...

Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir
    I'd like to run for president someday. Or perhaps mayor. #Ponder
    12:25 PM - 25 Aug 12

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Regardless of Weir's comeback on the ice, he apparently has other ambitions too ...

Go Johnny!

Custom Title

Mayor isn't a general office. Does he have a particular city in mind?

Wow, he just keeps searching for the challenges! Good for him

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Doesn't Johnny live in NYC, at least some of the time?

He wouldn't be the first ex skating mayor.

Consider Wayne Seybold of Marion, Indiana.

Here is Teresa Tomlinson, mayor of Columbus Georgia.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8426/7...6f0008bc_z.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Doesn't Johnny live in NYC, at least some of the time?

He wouldn't be the first ex skating mayor.

Consider Wayne Seybold of Marion, Indiana.
    Johnny Weir as Mayor of NYC!? I can just imagine it now...

He has said in the past that he might want to be a diplomat. With his languages, that might be a good fit. He is so witty and interesting that he should stay in the public arena somehow. Or, the next Dick Button?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    He has said in the past that he might want to be a diplomat. With his languages, that might be a good fit. He is so witty and interesting that he should stay in the public arena somehow. Or, the next Dick Button?
    If Shirley Temple could serve as US ambassador to the Czech Republic then there must a country that would be good for Johnny.

Lower Slobbovia might be a good fit.

As to being the next Dick Button - his likes will not be seen again - on the ice or in the broadcasting booth.

Custom Title
    Lower Slobbovia...ouch!

I'm glad you brought up Shirley Temple, janetfan. I admire her very much. She was an excellent ambassador for what was then Czechoslovakia. She was our ambassador during their Velvet Revolution, which overthrew the Communist government; she was able to extend our support to Vaclav Havel. At that point she had worked in diplomacy for some time. I think she had been posted to Ghana previously and was also an official of protocol for the Ford administration. No offense to Weir, but he'll have to climb a ways before he stands on her level.

Johnny would be good ambassador to Russia. Johnny loves Russia, Russia loves Johnny. He is very popular in Russia, despite the fact, in Russia don't tolerates the gays so much. Johnny said, if he sits in the taxi, the taxi driver knows exactly who is he.

Rinkside
    Evgeni Plushenko, the Tsar of Russia, and Johnny Weir the President of the U.S.a. What perfect match for these two skating greats.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast