Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Comebacks: Ando, Kim, Plushenko, Weir, etc.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
    Evgeni Plushenko, the Tsar of Russia, and Johnny Weir the President of the U.S.a. What perfect match for these two skating greats.
    Greats?! Plushenko could be crowned "Greats". Johnny needs something more extraordinary to be called like that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Mayor isn't a general office. Does he have a particular city in mind?
    I assume NY since he lives there. Interesting. Sometimes I just do not know whether to take him seriously. Originality and creativity is one thing but I hope he does not wear a corset with a dead bird on his hand - of course if he is running in NY who knows - if he can make it there he can make it anywhere - its up to Johnny Weir!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    He has said in the past that he might want to be a diplomat. With his languages, that might be a good fit. He is so witty and interesting that he should stay in the public arena somehow. Or, the next Dick Button?
    sorry for my sarcasm, but I am not sure that is a good thing (LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
    Evgeni Plushenko, the Tsar of Russia, and Johnny Weir the President of the U.S.a. What perfect match for these two skating greats.
    Plush and Johnny are really good friends, so the two countries could develop friendships and build peace in the world! Using the skating solved the world's problems. It's one part of very interesting interview with Johnny, why he loves Russia so much. Johnny is cute!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebjP7tOc8M

just remembered:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZhA4_RYe3s
    Plushy and Johnny for their fans
    Last edited by plushyfan; 08-27-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    sorry for my sarcasm, but I am not sure that is a good thing (LOL)
    Didn't you hear Johnny do commentary for Ice Network last year? He was pretty darn insightful. That's what I meant by succeeding DButton; I don't expect him to be 2-time Oly Gold Medalist!

Custom Title
    Yes, sometimes the best announcers are not necessarily the ones with the most medals. The two skills are different and don't always intersect in the same person.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    He has said in the past that he might want to be a diplomat. With his languages, that might be a good fit. He is so witty and interesting that he should stay in the public arena somehow. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I assume NY since he lives there. Interesting. Sometimes I just do not know whether to take him seriously. Originality and creativity is one thing but I hope he does not wear a corset with a dead bird on his hand - of course if he is running in NY who knows - if he can make it there he can make it anywhere - its up to Johnny Weir!
    Not surprisingly, Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir continues to show his many sides:

" I'm so proud to be in Japan to represent my country and spread goodwill through sport! http://instagr.am/p/O09CKnhhbY/ "
    3:01 AM - 27 Aug 12

" I can't wait until @Vitya_Zvesda, Тёма and I live in Tokyo one day. Japan makes me so happy! "
    5:29 PM - 27 Aug 12

It seems that as part of a US Embassy program, Weir will teach a seminar on "expression on ice" with Miki Ando tomorrow in Fukuoka. An officer from the US Embassy will travel with Weir and his manager from Tokyo to Fukuoka.

Regarding the question of whether to take Weir seriously (as a future diplomat and/or elected official) ...:

" Trying to figure out 'which' pink animé outfit to wear to meet US consulate principal officer tomorrow. Which pink? Really Johnny? @cmbenz "
    7:54 AM - 28 Aug 12

ETA:

Photo showing Weir and Ando with top Japanese regional skaters. http://twitter.com/ShannonSk8s/statu...631040/photo/1
    Photo showing Ando, the US diplomat and his wife -- plus Weir in the outfit he chose. http://twitter.com/ShannonSk8s/statu...276865/photo/1
    Last edited by golden411; 08-29-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Custom Title
    Evan in latest IFS magazine about his comeback (to FC and to his family): “I explained to them where I was coming from, but it took little convincing to make everyone believe that I was doing it for the right reasons”. I said, “Hey, look you guys, I am not doing this because I have to win again, or because I want more titles. I am not doing this because I have nothing else to do with my life. I am doing it for the most pure reason. I love skating and I am really fortunate that I can still do it.”

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    I have not found any entry lists for Finlandia yet, but is Weir's tweet suggesting that he will compete there?

Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir
    Pack your bags! We're going to Finland in October! Goodnight from Fukuoka. Tomorrow Fukui! So excited to see Boginya Anissina!
    6:40 AM - 29 Aug 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Evan in latest IFS magazine about his comeback (to FC and to his family): “I explained to them where I was coming from, but it took little convincing to make everyone believe that I was doing it for the right reasons”. I said, “Hey, look you guys, I am not doing this because I have to win again, or because I want more titles. I am not doing this because I have nothing else to do with my life. I am doing it for the most pure reason. I love skating and I am really fortunate that I can still do it.”
    good for him!

Custom Title
    This season is going to be so exciting. Johnny, Evan, Plushy, Kim, Miki are all come back, and Carolina Kostner and Brian Joubert are choosing to stay! On top of that all the Russian little Divas are blossoming nicely; and of course Hanyu, would he able to top his Romeo last year and cop with his stamina problems? Patrick Chan is very very close to realise his artistic calling considering sparks we saw at his Elegie. He and Yuna seems to be going rogue at the moment, still coach less, and somewhat unsettled and unpredictable. What ever happens. It is going to be sooo exciting!!

The only dream skater I'd like to add to that list is Stephane Lambiel, but I doubt that will ever happen especially with the recent injury trouble. He is producing some amazing work in his exhibitions though which more than compensate for any competitive COP restrictive program.

In a way I don't really care who wins, as long as I sees some great skating

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Not surprisingly, Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir continues to show his many sides:

" I'm so proud to be in Japan to represent my country and spread goodwill through sport! http://instagr.am/p/O09CKnhhbY/ "
    3:01 AM - 27 Aug 12
    So the government of USA identifies him as Johnny Weir, Proffessional Figure Skater. Are they trying to jeopardize his come back as an amateur competitor?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I love this quote. Good for him for coming back because he loves it.

Next Magazine - Photo Shoot and Interview with Johnny!

http://www.nextmagazine.com/content/cutting-edge-0

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Next Magazine - Photo Shoot and Interview with Johnny!

http://www.nextmagazine.com/content/cutting-edge-0
    beautiful photos

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast