Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships, July 25-28

Custom Title
    Any news on how P/I skated? 48 seems a bit low, so either they were skating sluggish/sloppy or they made a mistake. Curious to see them behind O/W (good for O/W, BTW. A great score for them), who are good but generally not up to P/I's level overall.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    sf04..Yeah , I don't know what explanation I'd rather see , there..sluggish , or a mistake.. ( and what's their music, powers of the universe ?)..and I'm hoping such a nice score for O/W first time out speaks of progress for them .

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    P&I haven't been getting that great SD scores ever; this score seems typical, especially for early in the season.

Their best to date internationally is 50.55 at Skate Canada 2010. In fact, their best score in the FD and total was that competetion, which highlights how bad the last two seasons have been for them, in part to a lot of unfortunate injuries. Their most recent international score was at 4CC's this year - 48.52

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    P&I haven't been getting that great SD scores ever; this score seems typical, especially for early in the season.

Their best to date internationally is 50.55 at Skate Canada 2010. In fact, their best score in the FD and total was that competetion, which highlights how bad the last two seasons have been for them, in part to a lot of unfortunate injuries. Their most recent international score was at 4CC's this year - 48.52
    That's true, which is why I think they made a mistake. Due to the reasons you mentioned, they didn't really get to skate a clean SD in international competition this past season, which is why their scores stayed below 50. The 50 and change from SC in 2010 was earned for a performance in which Alex made a major mistake on the golden waltz which cost them several points. Therefore, a score around 48 would suggest, based on their past scores and performances, that there was some sort of problem here.

Yep..but even at the 2010 SC they had a slight stumble at a costly juncture ( right at the end of one pattern and heading into footwork )..so I'll be looking for better than that this year, and think they're fully capable of it on a regular basis ( c'mon skate gods ..a little vindication here, please )

ETA: skatingfan04 beat me to it..( we the faithful are on the ball, today.)
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 07-27-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Tripping on the Podium
    P/I had a bit of trouble on the last twizzle (not bad though) and I believe their music was "La Vie en Rose". O/W didn't have a totally flawless skate either so room for improvement there as well. Looking forward to what the season brings.

Custom Title
    Could anyone enlighten me why Kreigkraruit/Guiletti-Schmitt ended up with such a low score (43.77)? I was particularly surprised to see that the newly minted team, Arinow/Brubaker (45.74) placed ahead of K/G-S. Did K/G-S make any major mistake(s)?

I also appreciate any feedback re: Olson/Hubbell. They did earn decent score for their debut (47.16), though I believe that they are capable of scoring higher than what they've got. They are also a very good looking team.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by from the sidelines View Post
    P/I had a bit of trouble on the last twizzle (not bad though) and I believe their music was "La Vie en Rose". O/W didn't have a totally flawless skate either so room for improvement there as well. Looking forward to what the season brings.
    Please tell me it's not the Edith Piaf version!

BTW, what was your impression of the choreo? I won't get to see them skate until Tornhill here in Ontario in a few weeks time, so I'm dying from curiosity (in case you couldn't figure it out, I'm a huge P/I fan ).
    Last edited by skatingfan04; 07-27-2012 at 11:56 AM.

There are results available from LPIDC here--very few sections are up yet, though & none of the junior & senior SD's yet

http://www.lakeplacidskating.com/events/icedance.php

from the sidelines, Thanks for telling us what happened to P&I!

I hope you will tell us about the other SD's.

Which ones impressed you?

What happened to Lynn & Logan ?

What did Chock & Bates skate to? (Curious what a 2012 era Igor choreographed program looks like...)

Oh do tell!

There is such a great silence, if plenty of photos, coming out of Lake Placid right now.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-27-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Woo-hoo ! Edwards /Pang 70.19 in the Jr. FD..B/L 65.74...D/F 67.54 ..so far, so good for team W&L...

Sorting this out for Junior FD, Group B from ice-dance.com's twitter

Ice-dance.com‏@icedancecom

LP Junior FD group B

Edwards/Pang 70.19
    Dalmer/Firus 67.59
    McNamara/Quinn 66.20
    Bruser/Lum 65.74
    Collins/Seymour 59.18
    Heritage/Fast 58.73
    Aghai/Partanen 57.94
    Allik/Bellantuono 56.00
    Reid/Erwin 52.42
    Soucisse/Tanguay 51.64
    Rosinski/Jaffe 50.50
    Sneider/Strupinksi 43.90

I have to say , I cannot approve the apparent change in costume designer for Madison Chock some Polka ! Mama Mia !

Please...what is their music again ? Did we know ?

And is there anyone who can comment on the skate of E/P ? ( my chosen ones )?..I have many chosen ones...
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 07-27-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Nope, I am awaiting someone at Ice dance or IN to write a report.

From Lynn & Logan's blog:

We were excited to show our fun and unique program to "Ring of Fire" and "I Can't Help Falling in Love." Who would have thought that you'd ever see Johnny Cash doing the Yankee Polka? Unfortunately, we didn't skate as well as we'd hoped, but we like to think that Lake Placid extracts all the kinks and jitters before our season begins.

Apparently Aldridge and Eaton had an aborted lift ? Bummer..

More from ice-dance.com

LP Junior FD group C - amazing A&E finished second with an aborted lift

Pogebrinsky/Gudis 69.68
    Aldridge/Eaton 65.69 (aborted lift, no level)
    Desveaux/Razgulajev 64.93
    Barova/Stoll 64.17 (?not sure I got the score right)
    Bent/Mackeen 63.34
    Moore/Klaber 59.22
    Gadosy/Daze 56.72
    Kuzmich/Hockley 53.21
    Pakhomova/Mueller 51.89
    Siddon/Weiss 48.06
    Moyer/Chapplain 47.44
    Brozina/Taylor 39.67

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast