Musings brought on by the 4th... | Golden Skate

Musings brought on by the 4th...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Olympia said:
The older I get, the more this holiday means to me. I always spend a bit of time thinking of that first generation, those amazing men and women who staked everything on an idea. And from the look of everything they said, wrote, and did, they didn't take those actions to gain personal power. Imagine a man who gave the greater part of his life to build a country and then didn't want to become its king, or even President for Life. We had one of those; lucky us.

Most of our founding fathers went bankrupt doing what they knew was right. All the while staring straight at their own noose if we didn't win. It's incredible to think about considering those in charge now don't even have to worry about losing a pension if they screw up.

Last edited:
I know that it's frustrating to see people screw up and know that we keep paying their way. (You and I might disagree about whom we get peeved over, but the effect is the same.) But in a funny sort of way, even that shows us to good advantage. A few years ago, a man running for president of Uganda pointed out that no former President of the U.S. ever died in exile. No matter how inept or out of favor they were, every one of them died at home. And even after the Civil War, Robert E. Lee died in honorable circumstance. That's pretty amazing considering the ways of the world. Not Andrew Johnson, or Nixon, or the inept James Buchanan ended up hounded out of the country. Their wives and children were safe and untouched. There's a beauty in that.

Last edited by a moderator:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
There are organizations afoot Toni you might want to support in some way. They want to take away the perks of congress and limit terms-change it drastically so people go there for us, not them, and cannot become entrenched for generations. Given the 2 party, blockade against the people, times and Congress need to change for the people to get it back. I can't recall the name of this group, but have signed petitions- a google search for reforming the US Congress should bring up the organization (s) that are trying to make them work for us, as it was long ago. Just as we can have no President beyond 2 terms, many historians, patriots, political scientists and just us folk realize we have got to change the parameters to get control back from people who have been there decades and who are indebited for life to the lobbyists/corporations that own us. There are many organizations fighting for this country-more than ever but we need Americans to get involved with one or more. Corporations as you may know own the Supreme Court, and it was a failed attempt to undo 2010 law that made corporations people and now allow corps/unions the same rights as people. Super pacs/super rich decide this election. If you want Romney for president (he was my Governor and he sucked big time-he has been using our state-he did to run for pres last time). Look at his record. It is clear this year, the Republican party with the libertarian Koch bros can spend billions to seat Romney. These superpacs are evil. We have lost America, and a valiant fight Citizens United just failed to repeal the 2010 Supreme court ruling that said Corporations are like people, and money is speech.

For all those who do not realize what the super rich pulled off in 2010, and that there are NO LIMITS on what they spend, please know, we have all lost our democracy. Evrentually we go down, and another revolution will come. All over the world, people will fight in the streets as they are in middle east, etc to regain democracy, as we are headed for serfdom status. I am no revelation scholar, but it says we will not be able to buy nor sell without the mark of the beast (microchip) and the technology is here. We will simply be shut off if we fight back then. The former free democratic countries are headed for serfdom. The future of people being born now is enslavement. If this is in the bible, we cannot change it. But my guess is that John the Revelator gave some easy to understand (when the times came) prophecy for people to fight against it.

Very few people seem to be fighting for the 98%. They really don't get the climactic/economic armageddon we are in.

I do not know if Russia and China will unite with Syria and Iran as some christian prophets predict to forcefully take the oil rich nations, or if there will be a war or jihad over Israel or oil.

But revelation tells us we are going to become serfs. You cannot buy without this chip. What would make free peoples accept this? Three reasons...Fear-National security, immigration issues, and no choice. Unless you are totally self sustaining, living off the grid, or multi-millionaire making plans for this for years, you will be controlled.

Revelation has much that is confusing, but some is not and speaks to our times. The Iran/Israeli conflict may usher in the times where the "livng envy the dead."

America was sold industry by industry to China, India, smaller nations. Our wealth was squandered. We had a SURPLUS when Clinton left, regardless of how one feels about oh so common womanizing among powerful men. The Bush Wars and Tax cuts for the rich mainly destroyed us, along with 1999 Glass Stegal act that deregulated wall street, preparing for the meltdown of 2008 that 99 percent do not understand. I don't get derivatives at all, but economists say that is the next mess to end all messes. The 90's where when millionaires in the baby boom group were made every day. Clinton was a very centrist/capitalist who dismantled welfare. Sadly, he spent a year fighting for his life due to his weakness for one young woman.

1 percent own forty percent and the snowball gets bigger. All economists know what is about to happen, and all who read, watch the news and educate themselves. For those who are old, sick, disabled etc, there will be no safety nets. Yet the violin plays on as we sink into oblivion while nations rise that we (the corporations/banking/ruling families) created.

So many know but feel it is all destined and feel helpless. For the young who just worry about a job and think America will be here in 10 years, they are blind or unwilling to fight. Western civilization was saved a mere 60 years ago. Who in the young generation will fight? Occupy was destroyed by the gvt and police actions in the streets. People do not see what is iminent. We are a nation full of ostriches. I am around people who do not know Mitt Romney is the Republican candidate. Education , social services,, the social safety net is what gave us a nation different than others. It is being destroyed. Why would Romney want to destroy the health care act? Because he has 225 million and can afford private care, and his party demands this of him. ( His model in massachusetts was the framework for Obamacare *so called!) and now as President, he will be asked to destroy what he created here as Governor, as it made sense, and was economical. Every other country has single payer...we have a confusing mess most people cannot begin to understand.. That is how they want it.

Of all these college educated kids with no jobs, this country is in your hands. Make no mistake, there will be blood in the streets before long, as in Europe, as in Middle East, as in countries in Mid America. I hope and pray Les Miserables becomes the rallying cry for the worlds people. A free internet is all we have to unite us. In WW2, the enemy was obvious and evil, and all could unite. America was atacked and had to do what we did.

Now the enemy is vague and dispersed, and our system of capitalism has taken over with a small group of people running the world. We don't understand it. Look how much wealth has been consolidated in a very short time. All analysts say the assault on middle class began under Reagan in early 80's. Look where we are now.

The 4 Waltons own 88 billion in Assests-more than THE BOTTOM WORKING 30 PERCENT OF AMERICA. One percent owns 40 percent of America. It would appear a lot has happened as we all saw in 12 short years, but the distracting and laughable "war on terror" and censored news/lies keeps middle America confused. Poor America grows, the uneducated who never made it to the middle class. The middle class has been attacked and is being destroyed. The family home, outsourced industries, corporations all offshore paying nothing as the working couple with kids goes under.

We all have the same enemy now, whether we get it or not. I cannot take to the streets, but if I could, I'd be out there doing all I could politically. Sadly, I see so many Americans totally ignorant from choice, and out for themselves. We social workers are a small group, and we saved a lot of people, but there are not enough like us who care about the masses to make any difference now. Hopefully every non multimillionaire sees the future. You will survive well in you are in the 2 percent, unless the fate of earth is a nuclear middle eastern armageddon as implied in revelations.

I cannont go and live off the grid or leave this country. I would because it has already changed vastly from the country my parents generation gave their lives by the millions to save. I can only hope we as one people turn to God and ask his mercy on this planet, so sick, and damaged, and so stripped by the greedy. The internet can bring millions together. May it be always a place of free speech. I am positive after studying 25 years, God exists, and I feel he uses one religion more than others, so I joined that. If you look for the evidence or miracles, you will encounter Listverse. I began studying 25 years ago, Medjugorje, Yugoslavia. Which brought me to Lourdes, To Caracas(Betania Shrine), to reading about approved apparitions (a very short list despite all the apparitions alledged with supernatural events) and one could read and study a lifetime and not know all on these places.

I share them for those folks who have never heard -and will be forever changed if studied with the idea of finding the truth. God and his essence are a mystery to me-much confusion- merciful/loving or punishing or both? I found some answers studying Fatima, Portugal 1917. Wow. It gave me hope. Louirdes, France. Medjugorje, Yugoslavia. Betania, Venezuela. Zeitun E,gypyt. Guadeloupe , Mexico. Kibeho, Rwanda (what a story). Recently approved by Vatican, and several amazing books with dozens more to come I'm sure. Also, America has it's first approved apparition site, last year. Outside Greenbay Wisconsin. Champion-the area of the famously huge Peshtigo fire. What a story of Mother Mary's Intervention.

Only God can change what is to come, but he may not. I do not understand this experiment called humanity on Earth, nor do I know if we are alone. But I am positive we live on after death, and that we are judged on how we love, help, serve others. If I were in the world only working and traveling everywhere as I had planned, my spiritual path would likely be quite stunted-like so many i see. A quarter of a century of study,some travel and experience tells me we have no hope if we do not return to simple living, respect for the Creator and his creation. For all those with children and those in need, for us all, I hope some will read about these sacred places, and pass it on. One never knows. There could be one very influential, well connected person on GS who lights a fire we can see from space. One person can be so powerful, especially working for the good of all, not just the few. That is my def of a godly person.

Forgive typos, if one person becomes involved in a positive way to save America and all the people at risk, the marginal citizens, it is worth it. And if one amazing apparition of Mary sparks a renewed belief in a deity who is involved in every stage of human history, then its worth it to share these sacred spots where the amazing happened. One needn't be catholic-christians and all creeds have been to these shrines and read extensively, as different catholic forums attest. Jesus Mother-may she never leave us. She has changed millions of hearts since coming to Medjugorje. 30 years now-unprecedented. It is like a school for humanity-a place where I started to learn. :)

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my bad, I brought up politics when I shouldn't have... so I created a seperrate thread.

my bad, I brought up politics when I shouldn't have... so I created a seperrate thread.

Good idea. And I think the Fourth is actually an ideal day to talk politics, though of course the holiday encompasses many other things. I have just been pigging out with TV programs showing various celebrations, notably the Washington, D.C., one. Lots of military bands, fireworks of course, guest performers, and an appearance by several Olympians and Paralympians. The range of sports was wide, from archery to fencing to women's modern pentathlon. This reminds me that the Olympics is also a great moment to celebrate one's country (though ideally one can at the same time celebrate the coming together of nations).

When I think of this country, with all its flaws and dilemmas, I keep in mind that my family would not have survived if they had not come over here. The place they left didn't want them. Here, they were valued.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Half mine came due to potato famines, I think. Other half -don't know why French chose Canada...for the hockey?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Toni, are you thinking the 1 percent earned it? For those Americans young, bright but busy...we had a surplus in 2000. Then, huge tax cuts, off shore placements of a zillion good mfg jobs, and two immoral wars bankrupted us. You have no future, no one does. It was sold off, and is intentional. The US is a third world country now, with a destroyed middle class. The economy is a mirage. Such bright people on this international forum. We are all in the same boat thanks to Clinton led gllobalization. Loust trade agreement. Obama was for the people, and dumbA@@ americans do not get there is little difference in what each party leader does...different talk, same actions.

If you think that the microchip implant foretold in revelation is a joke, wait until you get yours. Why are so many young people asleep? What has happened to American youth? Opinions with no knowledge to back it. CSpan isn't sexy, but there you see our govt in action. We have lost, I know we have lost. Dr Jill Stein, the truth telling doctor mom, leading te green party has no chance as everyone is still caught in the two party joke that is the lock on the voting machine. Anyone wanting a choice, vote for Jill Stein, who gets it. When 98% think as she does on almost every issue, why can they not get 10 bucks or more from the 98 percent who whine, do nothing, stay stupid as the rug is ripped from under the carpet?

Perhaps on a skating forum that is shrinking, we have well off people, who attend World comps at big cost. So, I wonder, do most forum members belong to top 2 percent? That would explain it-or maybe we are now fans from Asia and qyite youg. Given the length of yuna threads or chan threads, I guess we Americans may be a minority. Cspan gets me so upset. I care and cannot lead at my age and health. I care so much. Next war, I forsee a draft...that may get young guys off facebook and into the streets. Political inertia as homes shutter for good.