Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Glacier Falls Summer Competition 2012 Aug 3 to Aug 5

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

Glacier Falls Summer Competition 2012 Aug 3 to Aug 5

http://comp.entryeeze.com/Home.aspx?cid=18

Friday, August 3 - Sunday, August 5, 2012

I don't have a full roster available, but have heard the following have filed entry papers.

Senior Men

Jason Brown
    Jonathan Cassar
    Richard Dornbush
    Scott Dyer
    Andrew Gonzales
    Grant Hochstein
    Alexander Johnson
    Armin Mahbahnoozadeh
    Keegan Messing
    Brandon Mroz
    Sean Rabbitt
    Douglas Razzano
    Emmanuel Savary
    Jeremy Ten

Senior Ladies
    Carol Ann Alba
    Nicole Fowler
    Courtney Hicks
    Amanda Hofmann
    Jacqueline Leniuk
    Kitty Qian

Junior Ladies
    Amber Glenn
    Katia Shpilband
    Selena Zhao

Junior Pairs
    Reiss & Pfund

Junior Mens
    Lukas Kaugars
    Jordan Moeller
    Shotaro Omari
    Vincent Zhou

Novice
    Karen Zhou

Neither Rachael Flatt nor Gracie Gold, who have skated at GF in the past show as having filed entry papers.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-05-2012 at 02:01 AM.

GO KEEGS! I'll be starting my Disneyland trip so I won't get to read the pbps on here.

Glacier Falls is in Anaheim, CA-perhaps you should schedule time to stop by for the Senior Men's events

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Glacier Falls is in Anaheim, CA-perhaps you should schedule time to stop by for the Senior Men's events
    seriously?! ugh! I don't think I'd be able to swing it. I get in on the 4th around 7pm... the 5th is the first day of Disney and I don't see the six year old letting me off the hook.... (the 6 year old inside me or the 6 year old neice lol)

Sylvia says the following are appearing. Highlighted names are ones I missed, going through the coaches' listings:

Mahbanoozadeh, Razzano, Carriere, Messing, Aaron, Brown, Dyer, Cassar, Hochstein, Dornbush, Mroz, Alex Johnson -- plus Philip Warren (Jr. bronze medalist), Emmanuel Savary, Sean Rabbitt, Andrew Gonzales, Canadians Jeremy Ten and junior champ Mitchell Gordon, and Chris Caluza (PHI).

Junior Men at Glacier Falls include the following International Selection Pool (ISP) skaters -- Nathan Chen, Lukas Kaugars, Jay Yostanto, Spencer Howe, Shotaro Omori -- plus Vincent Zhou and Jordan Moeller.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-05-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Rinkside
    Missed Vanessa Lam in SR Ladies!

Welcome to Golden Skate used2skate. Post long & often.

Yes, I did not spend as much time checking out the ladies' coaches as the men's, since I am not a big fan of the discipline.

Sylvia lists the following ladies' entrants that I missed:

Mirai Nagasu, Courtney Hicks, Vanessa Lam, and Morgan Bell.

Junior ladies include [B]Mariah Bell, Polina Edmunds, Gwendolyn Prescott [/B Karen Chen, Amber Glenn, Amanda Gelb -- along with Selena Zhao, Avery Kurtz, Katia Shpilband.

UGH! Man.......... I am so torn.

Either the LP or SP is likely to be in the evening for seniors, if this comp is like Liberty-perhaps your hotel or Disney has a baby sitter?
    Or Perhaps your niece would like to root for an Alaskan skating star, too?

The schedule is supposed to be up at www.glacierfalls.com but the server was just down.

I couldn't figure out their site yesterday, they wanted a log in and password... so weird...

I'll have to see where they are in relation to our hotel/disney... IF they have a late night on Saturday I can go do that...

Custom Title
    As far as I know, the event schedule and full roster aren't available online yet, but I can post when they are.

I'll just re-post what I posted in the Glacier Falls competition thread at FSU...

The Senior Men's event will include the 4th-15th place finishers in Senior men at 2012 US Nationals -- Mahbanoozadeh, Razzano, Carriere, Messing, Aaron, Brown, Dyer, Cassar, Hochstein, Dornbush, Mroz, Alex Johnson -- plus Philip Warren (Jr. bronze medalist), Emmanuel Savary, Sean Rabbitt, Andrew Gonzales, Canadians Jeremy Ten and junior champ Mitchell Gordon, and Chris Caluza (PHI).

Senior Ladies include Mirai Nagasu, Courtney Hicks, Vanessa Lam, and Morgan Bell.
    (Like last year, Nagasu did "The Ice" tour in Japan and returned home to compete at Glacier Falls. She's listed for "The Ice" again this year (July 21-29) - thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83626 )

Junior Ladies include Mariah Bell, Polina Edmunds, Gwendolyn Prescott (these 3 are in USFS' International Selection Pool), plus the U.S. Novice top 3 medalists -- Karen Chen, Amber Glenn, Amanda Gelb -- along with Selena Zhao, Avery Kurtz, Katia Shpilband.

Junior Men include the following ISP skaters -- Nathan Chen, Lukas Kaugars, Jay Yostanto, Spencer Howe, Shotaro Omori -- plus Vincent Zhou and Jordan Moeller.

P.S. to Doris -- Carolyn-Ann Alba (Senior Ladies) is returning to competition after a season off and the Karen Zhou in Novice is obviously not the Senior level Karen Zhou who has been a full-time student at the University of California-Irvine and has not competed since 2011 U.S. Collegiate Championships in Sun Valley where she won the bronze.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-05-2012 at 05:39 PM.

No, the Karen Zhou in Novice is the Novice Ladies' National Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I couldn't figure out their site yesterday, they wanted a log in and password... so weird...

I'll have to see where they are in relation to our hotel/disney... IF they have a late night on Saturday I can go do that...
    PM me and I will explain how to bypass that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    No, the Karen Zhou in Novice is the Novice Ladies' National Champion
    Karen Chen and Vincent Zhou are the 2012 U.S. Novice champions. Both are competing Junior at Glacier Falls -- Zhou has not tested up yet while Chen already has tested up (according to their recent Golden Skate articles).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-06-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    seriously?! ugh! I don't think I'd be able to swing it. I get in on the 4th around 7pm... the 5th is the first day of Disney and I don't see the six year old letting me off the hook.... (the 6 year old inside me or the 6 year old neice lol)
    You can catch the last warmups of Senior Ladies FS and the entire Senior Men's FS! Anaheim Ice is only two miles north of Disneyland:

Saturday August 4 5:35 PM Senior Ladies FS
    Saturday August 4 8:00 PM Senior Men FS

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast