Glacier Falls Summer Competition 2012 Aug 3 to Aug 5 | Golden Skate

Glacier Falls Summer Competition 2012 Aug 3 to Aug 5

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://comp.entryeeze.com/Home.aspx?cid=18

Friday, August 3 - Sunday, August 5, 2012

I don't have a full roster available, but have heard the following have filed entry papers.

Senior Men

Jason Brown
Jonathan Cassar
Richard Dornbush
Scott Dyer
Andrew Gonzales
Grant Hochstein
Alexander Johnson
Armin Mahbahnoozadeh
Keegan Messing
Brandon Mroz
Sean Rabbitt
Douglas Razzano
Emmanuel Savary
Jeremy Ten

Senior Ladies
Carol Ann Alba
Nicole Fowler
Courtney Hicks
Amanda Hofmann
Jacqueline Leniuk
Kitty Qian

Junior Ladies
Amber Glenn
Katia Shpilband
Selena Zhao

Junior Pairs
Reiss & Pfund

Junior Mens
Lukas Kaugars
Jordan Moeller
Shotaro Omari
Vincent Zhou

Novice
Karen Zhou

Neither Rachael Flatt nor Gracie Gold, who have skated at GF in the past show as having filed entry papers.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
GO KEEGS! :rock: I'll be starting my Disneyland trip so I won't get to read the pbps on here.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Glacier Falls is in Anaheim, CA-perhaps you should schedule time to stop by for the Senior Men's events :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Glacier Falls is in Anaheim, CA-perhaps you should schedule time to stop by for the Senior Men's events :)

seriously?! ugh! I don't think I'd be able to swing it. I get in on the 4th around 7pm... the 5th is the first day of Disney and I don't see the six year old letting me off the hook.... (the 6 year old inside me or the 6 year old neice lol)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Sylvia says the following are appearing. Highlighted names are ones I missed, going through the coaches' listings:

Mahbanoozadeh, Razzano, Carriere, Messing, Aaron, Brown, Dyer, Cassar, Hochstein, Dornbush, Mroz, Alex Johnson -- plus Philip Warren (Jr. bronze medalist), Emmanuel Savary, Sean Rabbitt, Andrew Gonzales, Canadians Jeremy Ten and junior champ Mitchell Gordon, and Chris Caluza (PHI).

Junior Men at Glacier Falls include the following International Selection Pool (ISP) skaters -- Nathan Chen, Lukas Kaugars, Jay Yostanto, Spencer Howe, Shotaro Omori -- plus Vincent Zhou and Jordan Moeller.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Welcome to Golden Skate used2skate. Post long & often.

Yes, I did not spend as much time checking out the ladies' coaches as the men's, since I am not a big fan of the discipline.

Sylvia lists the following ladies' entrants that I missed:

Mirai Nagasu, Courtney Hicks, Vanessa Lam, and Morgan Bell.

Junior ladies include Mariah Bell, Polina Edmunds, Gwendolyn Prescott [/B Karen Chen, Amber Glenn, Amanda Gelb -- along with Selena Zhao, Avery Kurtz, Katia Shpilband.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Either the LP or SP is likely to be in the evening for seniors, if this comp is like Liberty-perhaps your hotel or Disney has a baby sitter?
Or Perhaps your niece would like to root for an Alaskan skating star, too?

The schedule is supposed to be up at www.glacierfalls.com but the server was just down.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I couldn't figure out their site yesterday, they wanted a log in and password... so weird...

I'll have to see where they are in relation to our hotel/disney... IF they have a late night on Saturday I can go do that...

Sylvia

Record Breaker
As far as I know, the event schedule and full roster aren't available online yet, but I can post when they are.

I'll just re-post what I posted in the Glacier Falls competition thread at FSU...

The Senior Men's event will include the 4th-15th place finishers in Senior men at 2012 US Nationals :cool: -- Mahbanoozadeh, Razzano, Carriere, Messing, Aaron, Brown, Dyer, Cassar, Hochstein, Dornbush, Mroz, Alex Johnson -- plus Philip Warren (Jr. bronze medalist), Emmanuel Savary, Sean Rabbitt, Andrew Gonzales, Canadians Jeremy Ten and junior champ Mitchell Gordon, and Chris Caluza (PHI).

Senior Ladies include Mirai Nagasu, Courtney Hicks, Vanessa Lam, and Morgan Bell.
(Like last year, Nagasu did "The Ice" tour in Japan and returned home to compete at Glacier Falls. She's listed for "The Ice" again this year (July 21-29) - thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83626 )

Junior Ladies include Mariah Bell, Polina Edmunds, Gwendolyn Prescott (these 3 are in USFS' International Selection Pool), plus the U.S. Novice top 3 medalists -- Karen Chen, Amber Glenn, Amanda Gelb -- along with Selena Zhao, Avery Kurtz, Katia Shpilband.

Junior Men include the following ISP skaters -- Nathan Chen, Lukas Kaugars, Jay Yostanto, Spencer Howe, Shotaro Omori -- plus Vincent Zhou and Jordan Moeller.

P.S. to Doris -- Carolyn-Ann Alba (Senior Ladies) is returning to competition after a season off and the Karen Zhou in Novice is obviously not the Senior level Karen Zhou who has been a full-time student at the University of California-Irvine and has not competed since 2011 U.S. Collegiate Championships in Sun Valley where she won the bronze.

Last edited:

mskater93

Record Breaker
I couldn't figure out their site yesterday, they wanted a log in and password... so weird...

I'll have to see where they are in relation to our hotel/disney... IF they have a late night on Saturday I can go do that...
PM me and I will explain how to bypass that. ;)

Sylvia

Record Breaker
No, the Karen Zhou in Novice is the Novice Ladies' National Champion
Karen Chen and Vincent Zhou are the 2012 U.S. Novice champions. :) Both are competing Junior at Glacier Falls -- Zhou has not tested up yet while Chen already has tested up (according to their recent Golden Skate articles).

Last edited:

crzesk8dad

Rinkside
Country
United-States
seriously?! ugh! I don't think I'd be able to swing it. I get in on the 4th around 7pm... the 5th is the first day of Disney and I don't see the six year old letting me off the hook.... (the 6 year old inside me or the 6 year old neice lol)

You can catch the last warmups of Senior Ladies FS and the entire Senior Men's FS! Anaheim Ice is only two miles north of Disneyland:

Saturday August 4 5:35 PM Senior Ladies FS
Saturday August 4 8:00 PM Senior Men FS

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You can catch the last warmups of Senior Ladies FS and the entire Senior Men's FS! Anaheim Ice is only two miles north of Disneyland:

Saturday August 4 5:35 PM Senior Ladies FS
Saturday August 4 8:00 PM Senior Men FS

Hi, crezsk8dad! You know me from Liberty!

Toni, you really should try to go to this if you can somehow fit it in your schedule!!!!! What an amazing line-up!

Plus there's the delicious irony of someone coming all the way down from AK—in the summer—to southern CA to find ice.

It sounds like a great competition.

crzesk8dad

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Hi, crezsk8dad! You know me from Liberty!

Toni, you really should try to go to this if you can somehow fit it in your schedule!!!!! What an amazing line-up!

We are now at 22 Senior Men!! Max Aaron has been added to the line-up.

Toni, you really need to come!

crzesk8dad

Rinkside
Country
United-States
I tried to post this earlier, but it was trash-canned I guess. My bad.

The Junior and Senior Ladies/Mens SP and FS will be on IceNetwork, video-on-demand, about 1 to 2 weeks after the competition. So, Toni, if you can't make it, you can watch it on IN.

But, it's always better in person!

babyskate

On the Ice
Is there anyplace to watch this competition? This is a great roster. Any word if Jason Brown is debuting a triple axel?