Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Carolina Kostner To Keep Skating Until 2014 Olympics

Custom Title

Carolina Kostner To Keep Skating Until 2014 Olympics

Carolina has decided to remain in competitive skating until the 2014 Olympics. The announcement is on her Official Website:-

Carolina: "I will keep skating competitively until Sochi"

"Dear friends, I've been thinking about my life and future a lot lately and after consulting my coach and family, I decided to continue my competitive career until Sochi 2014. It won't be an easy challenge, therefore I hope you will keep supporting me the way you did through all of these years! Thank you. Love, Carolina"

Carolina is now in Oberstdorf training and getting ready for the new season. She's looking forward to seeing you all in Verona on September 22nd for the show Opera on Ice 2012.
    Last edited by Mao88; 07-12-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Good luck to Carolina in her journey until Sochi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Carolina has decided to remain in competitive skating until the 2014 Olympics. The announcement is on her official website:-

Official Website
    Great news! I'm really looking forward to seeing what Carolina might come up with next, and hope that both she and Valentina Marchei will finally have a good Olympic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Great news! I'm really looking forward to seeing what Carolina might come up with next, and hope that both she and Valentina Marchei will finally have a good Olympic experience.
    It is great news! I did not post in the other Carolina thread because retiring was something she was thinking about and it was not definite.
    I am doing my happy dance right know and overjoyed that the "Goddess on Ice" is not retiring.

Great news!

Custom Title
    Awesome! I hoped that she wouldn't pull a Jeffrey Buttle on us by retiring at the height of her brilliance. Her choreography has become deeply connected to the music and very mature. I don't even care if she doesn't do a lutz. I'm just glad she's coming back, despite the deep field next year with Kim and Ando.

Custom Title
    Grazie, Carolina!
    Forza Carolina!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!

It's like skating fans' dream come true! All of top elite female skaters are skating plus the wonderbabies!

Custom Title

Banned
    great news

Custom Title
    As a huge Carolina fan (fandom that took time and more skating savy fans on this board to inform me about the qualities of her skating that I just didn't see at first) this is really great news!!! I thoroughly enjoyed both of her programs last season, was thrilled by her success, and was left longing for more when the season ended. So, I'm so glad we get to see her compete some more and now can't wait to see what she and her team come up with for the upcoming season. Go Caro!

Custom Title
    Italy needs Carolina to continue and we need her around to show other Ladies how figure skating is done besides jumping.

Custom Title
    I am so relieved.

More 2 years of Caro and 4 new amazing programs! Yeah!

Custom Title
    I have a mixed reaction. I like people to go out on top. She still could but I also feel she has been very lucky - if not too lucky so she kind of deserves to be off the podium at Sochi. Some are "blessed" with good timing (weak skaters), bad skates by others and medicocre at best by you, generous judging for you, yes you deserved the win but.. well in some cases even that is debateable the list goes on. I know she has a certain amount of power but her power and speed is not that of Irina Slutskaya though she gets rewarded pc wise like she is at that level. Her technical elements right now in respect to jumps are arguably lower than say Liz Manley or Denise Biellman. She was also very lucky to go to the last Olympics I believe when her compatriot arguably earned the spot and I believe beat her at Nationals (somewhere she was lucky to be given a second shot at Olympics or worlds after a bad skate.

yay! te amo carolina!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast