Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 229

Thread: Who will rise and who will fall in 2012-13?

  1. #211
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    7,371
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    No, they don't. Her coach was joking around and said since it's even harder for a lady, they should call it a "Gold Lutz"
    I hope she filmed her program. I want to see it!

  2. #212
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    14,281
    I hope so too.

    I sort of wish it weren't to Hernando's Hideaway, though :slinkaway:

  3. #213
    Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,439
    Gracie Gold is doing a Rippon Lutz now? That is b-a-n-a-n-a-s! I can't even think of any female skater who does the tano lutz (upon further research, I found that Ksenia Doronina does a tano lutz)!

  4. #214
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,476
    Is anybody interested in new junior Russian girls? (whose age makes them juniors from season 2012/13)

    For example, best of them, Elena RADIONOVA.
    Born 06 Jan 1999. Coach Inna Goncharenko, Moscow.
    Season 2011/2012 - 5th place Russian national(Senior), 3rd place Russian national(Junior), best score 184.61 (Final of Cup of Russia, Senior).
    Lands 7 triples (3Lz & 3Lo twice) in FS. Performs 3Lz+3T, 3Lo+3T, 3Lz+2T+2Lo. Spins 4 level, StSq 3 level.
    Next event ISU JGP Courchevel 2012.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 07-30-2012 at 12:09 PM.

  5. #215
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    14,281
    We are almost all interested in the new junior Russian girls!

    Do you have some video links ?

  6. #216
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,476
    Yes, they are so beautiful as young Americans.

    Elena Radionova, FS Russian Jun Nat 2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVX9A7IwUJw

    Elena Radionova, Final of Cup of Russia 2012
    SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHt6PuI9-mw
    FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXPw0H_LUZ4

    Elena Radionova Crystal Skate 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S86vbmpF2is

    There are a lot of videos, so I will add links time for time.

  7. #217
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    848
    Do you have any recent videos of Elena and the others? We've been very excited for her (and Medvedeva) to join the JGP since their great success at Nationals!

  8. #218
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Yes, they are so beautiful as young Americans.

    Elena Radionova, FS Russian Jun Nat 2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVX9A7IwUJw

    Elena Radionova, Final of Cup of Russia 2012
    SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHt6PuI9-mw
    FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXPw0H_LUZ4

    Elena Radionova Crystal Skate 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S86vbmpF2is

    There are a lot of videos, so I will add links time for time.

    I know her, i love her! I like better her SP in last season.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 07-31-2012 at 01:52 AM.

  9. #219
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    I know her, i love her! I like better her SP in last season.
    I think I read somewhere that she's keeping her SP for this season!

  10. #220
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I think I read somewhere that she's keeping her SP for this season!
    I'm glad, thanks!

  11. #221
    Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,439
    Porting this over from the 2012-2013 programs thread, first posted by burntBREAD, this is 12 year old Karen Chen's FS at the Silicon Valley Open just a few days ago on 7/28. A few months back at the US novice championships, she blew the scoring record in novice out the water by a slew of triples, including a perfect lutz, and a 2axel/3toe combo. I thought that was impressive. But now she's demolished that earlier version of herself. She landed a 3lutz/3loop here, along with her old 2axel/3toe, and a 3lutz nestled in a footwork sequence as her final triple of the program. 7 triples in all + 2 double axels. Her skating seems so nice and smooth until she explodes into her jumps. She has such marvelously fast spins, too. One nitpick: she does not appear to have fixed the lip on her 3flip. Oh well, better to still have something to work on when you're 12.

  12. #222
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,275
    Karen is fabulous, an extreme talent, and so long limbed! She skates big for such a little person. Let's all hope her skills grow with her through puberty.

  13. #223
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Porting this over from the 2012-2013 programs thread, first posted by burntBREAD, this is 12 year old Karen Chen's FS at the Silicon Valley Open just a few days ago on 7/28.A few months back at the US novice championships, she blew the scoring record in novice out the water by a slew of triples, including a perfect lutz, and a 2axel/3toe combo. I thought that was impressive. But now she's demolished that earlier version of herself. She landed a 3lutz/3loop here, along with her old 2axel/3toe, and a 3lutz nestled in a footwork sequence as her final triple of the program. 7 triples in all + 2 double axels. Her skating seems so nice and smooth until she explodes into her jumps. She has such marvelously fast spins, too. One nitpick: she does not appear to have fixed the lip on her 3flip. Oh well, better to still have something to work on when you're 12.
    Oh, she is amazing! Thank you for the link!

  14. #224
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    Radionova was fierce competitor since first time I saw her two three seasons ago, I m just thinking how tall she will grow,she looks tall already.

  15. #225
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Radionova was fierce competitor since first time I saw her two three seasons ago, I m just thinking how tall she will grow,she looks tall already.
    She isn't tall.
    See photo http://www.fskate.ru/photos/image9969.jpg - Radionova, Lipnitskaia, Shelepen (3rd, 1st, 2nd places Russian Junior National, 07 Feb 2012).

    http://www.fskate.ru/photos/image3496.jpg - Mar 2011, Korobeynikova, Radionova, Shershak. Here you can see peally tall girls.

    http://www.fskate.ru/photos/image3728.jpg - Mar 2011, Medvedeva, Radionova, Shershak. Medvedeva is very miniature girl.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 07-31-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •