Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will rise and who will fall in 2012-13?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Maybe a little bit .....hehehe...but sort of feels true.....and he is far from a skating icon despite two WC's.

Being booed in Nice can only be overlooked by his ubers.

Lat time the French booed the podium that way skating had some drastic rule changes.
    So 6.0 champions were decided by audience reactions? They were all fans' favorites with no controversies?

How about when the Russians cheered him with SO in Moscow? How about the thunderous applause for his Gala program from the French crowd? How about FSO the largest Russian figure skating forum having voted him The Best Non Russian Skater this year and his Elegie The Best Show Program?

Of course you are free to ignore everything else in Chan's career and hang on forever to a few uncouth hecklers to represent your sentiments. I am sure you can find even juicier comments from Youtube to illustrate your points while ignoring those about your favorites.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 07-17-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    So 6.0 champions were decided by audience reactions? They were all fans' favorites with no controversies?

How about when the Russians cheered him with SO in Moscow? How about the thunderous applause for his Gala program from the French crowd? How about FSO the largest Russian figure skating forum having voted him The Best Non Russian Skater this year and his Elegie The Best Show Program?

Of course you are free to ignore everything else in Chan's career and hang on forever to a few uncouth hecklers to represent your sentiments.
    What's your point?
    That you are in the loop and the French are "uncouth."

Custom Title
    What's your point?
    That you are in the loop and the French are "uncouth."
    When arguments fail, it's time to twist words? My point is heckling and booing when disagreeing with competition results is uncouth. But only a small part of the audience in Nice engaged in this behaviour.

When arguments fail, it's time to twist words? My point is heckling and booing when disagreeing with competition results is uncouth. But only a small part of the audience in Nice engaged in this behaviour.
    Didn't sound so small to me....were you there?
    And I understand both the scores and the podium were booed.

Not saying you have to agree with the skating fans in attendance....but would be nice if you acknowledge reality......otherwise....???

Custom Title
    Didn't sound so small to me....were you there?
    And I understand both the scores and the podium were booed.

Not saying you have to agree with the skating fans in attendance....but would be nice if you acknowledge reality......otherwise....???
    The reality is Chan won. It would be nice if you acknowledge it, otherwise.......???

I heard lots of cheers and applause from fancam videos. Those are realities recorded uncut unedited.

The reality is Chan won. It would be nice if you acknowledge it, otherwise.......???

I heard lots of cheers and applause from fancam videos. Those are realities recorded uncut unedited.
    Hope the merciless booing which probably led to Chan dumping/being dumped by his team help put him on a better path. Such a mechanical skating style for points only will never win back the skating public.

I feel sure Chan is aware of this...why aren't you

Not a big fan but can certainly wish Patrick a good and healthy season.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar

Custom Title
    Not a big fan but can certainly wish Patrick a good and healthy season.
    Awwww, that's nice. I wish your favorite a good and healthy season too. Who is your favorite now?

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    I'm not very funny, but the title of this thread lends me to say-- every skater will fall this season! Everyone in skating falls, but remember, Confucius said, "Fall seven times, get up eight."

Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    I'm not very funny, but the title of this thread lends me to say-- every skater will fall this season! Everyone in skating falls, but remember, Confucius said, "Fall seven times, get up eight."
    Was that Confucious...or Sasha?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    Properly translated, it would be "Fall seven times, rise eight."

So true.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Some federations like the Russian they pay their athletes and cover their expenses and training camps, plus doctors and choreographers. I dont find it unfair, it gives equal opportunity to both rich and no rich children to work their talent. I wish all top athletes didnt need 200.000 dollars per year to train, it is insane amount of money. In Mishin camp they were a dozen junior kids from romania,estonia, ukraine and russia and I asked how do they all pay so much money to attend and they told me the federations sends them and pays for them. Up to some years ago and maybe still now RF didnt want its skaters to have personal sponsors and it was the main conflict between Plu and Pisseev.

How about FSO the largest Russian figure skating forum having voted him The Best Non Russian Skater this year
    what do they know? on the same poll they voted Plushenko the 6.0 skater the best russian one. Maybe cause in cop era he has done pretty fine
    i m only kidding.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Some federations like the Russian they pay their athletes and cover their expenses and training camps, plus doctors and choreographers. I dont find it unfair, it gives equal opportunity to both rich and no rich children to work their talent. I wish all top athletes didnt need 200.000 dollars per year to train, it is insane amount of money. In Mishin camp they were a dozen junior kids from romania,estonia, ukraine and russia and I asked how do they all pay so much money to attend and they told me the federations sends them and pays for them. Up to some years ago and maybe still now RF didnt want its skaters to have personal sponsors and it was the main conflict between Plu and Pisseev.
    It's true such system can be an equalizer so all talents may have a fair chance. As long as there is not too much politicking about coach choices, etc. But then politicking is not exclusive to any system.

what do they know? on the same poll they voted Plushenko the 6.0 skater the best russian one. Maybe cause in cop era he has done pretty fine
    i m only kidding.
    I certainly agree with their choices!

Custom Title
    I'd love to see Joshua Farris have a great season and finally deliver at Nationals, medal, and earn a World's birth! You never know what could happen

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    I am not sure whether Joshua receives funding from US skating federation or not, but some US skaters do. According to Mirai Nagasu's interview, she is funded by US federation although the money is shrinking due to her 7th finish in US nationals. And many US universities provide stipend or scholarship for their athletes to cover their training fee, tuition and living expenses.

Han Yan is two-time Chinese national Champion, youth Olympic champion and junior world champion. He has won 8 out of 11 international competitions and has been on podium 10 out of 11. If he is in US, I believe he can receive stipend or award too.

As tax payers, Chinese Fans are just unhappy about Federation's unwise decision for holding Yan in Junior events, because Yan is the No.2 or maybe No.1 ranked male skater in China. Holding him back will hurt China's chance to get medals in competitions and may also hurt China's spots for worlds and Olympics.
    Last edited by yousunny; 07-17-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast