Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Other Canadian competitions (Minto, Prairie Skate, Wild Rose, etc)

Custom Title
    Does anyone know if Octoberfest, which is being held in Barrie this weekend, will be on SkateBuzz or livestreaming? Just had a look, and it's now a 4 day competition? Wow.

Custom Title
    I haven't been able to find it. A previous poster (I think on this forum) suggested that the COS competitions might not be live-streamed, because one of the sponsors for the competitions sells videos of the skaters. So far that's been correct, apparently.

In any case, the schedule for Octoberfest is here, and the results are at this link. Most of the novice events have taken place, and today the juniors and seniors start.

The senior men's competition is stronger than might be expected for a regional competition, with Nobunari Oda and Andrei Rogozine entered, for example. The women's competition might be a foretast of the fight for bronze in senior ladies, with Alaine Chartrand, Gabrielle Daleman and Adriana DeSanctis entered (although I suppose Gabrielle Daleman is young enough that she might be competing in juniors at Canadlans).

Custom Title
    One competition that is being live-streamed this weekend is the Autumn Leaves competition in BC. This link brings up the main BC section page. The links to the live-streaming are on the right-hand side of the page, about halfway down (white arrows on a blue background).

Schedule for the competition is here. The novice and junior women's short programs and novice men's short programs took place yesterday, and their free programs are today starting at about 5 PM local time. All these events take place in Rink #1. Results are at this link. There's also a tab on this page for archived programs from the competition.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3