Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Alert: It starts Thursday 7/19

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Project Runway Alert: It starts Thursday 7/19

There's a prequel where they show the auditions, and the main show is on at 9 P.M. Eastern time, on Lifetime. Is anyone else planning to watch?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Maybe not today, but definitely through the season!

The Tivo's recording both , but I'll probably just delete the Meet the Designers episode. I watched part of it and it wasn't or much interest.

I watched both & not seeing the Meet the Designers was a no brainer. I wasted an hour on it. I am very impressed by Ven's designs, color choices & apparently he is skilled at sewing techniques. Tho't he should have won.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I am very impressed by Ven's designs, color choices & apparently he is skilled at sewing techniques. Tho't he should have won.
    I like his designs too but I know that something will happen with him so I try not to get too excited.

Is Ven the one who had the top that looked like a red rose? I really liked his work, too.

However, I think Christopher won because of how he converted the fabric that Nina(?) called ugly into a beautiful dress. One of the guest judges (former Gilmore Girl) said that you couldn't really see the detail on the black dress on camera.

Of the 2 ladies in the bottom, I also thought they sent the wrong one home.

On the Ice
    Elena is kept around for the drama. If no drama ratings go down. I'm waiting to hear a fight to break out in russian.

Custom Title
    Mondo is one of the guest judges tonight, for the design-a-print challenge. I'm struck by what a good teacher Mondo is. He's so articulate and objective. I love the way he puts sentences together. He doesn't use hyperbole for humorous effect as Michael Kors does; he's more serious and practical in his descriptions. I'd love to see him make at least periodic visits to the show as a judge.

Like the judges, I liked Sonji's and Dmitri's designs the best tonight. I hope one of them wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I'm struck by what a good teacher Mondo is. He's so articulate and objective. I love the way he puts sentences together.
    Olympia I agree Mondo was very good tonight. I loved watching him watch the designs on the runway....very obersvant. Although, I didnt think that Gunner's jacket was that bad, nor his print, unlike Elena's jacket and print.

He doesn't use hyperbole for humorous effect as Michael Kors does; he's more serious and practical in his descriptions.
    Michael Kors gets on my nerves, he doesn't really offer constructive criticsm but as you say he offers criticsm for humor.

I'd love to see him (Mondo) make at least periodic visits to the show as a judge.
    I loved when Christian Syriano (sp??) was a guest judge, he knew what the designers had to go through and offered very good advice as did Mondo.

Like the judges, I liked Sonji's and Dmitri's designs the best tonight. I hope one of them wins!
    I'm very happy that Dimitry won, I loved his print and his jacket. The back was a very nice surprise.

I was surprised at Tim Gunn's comments to Venn, I think he should have told Venn, this is not good and why.

I can't believe they sent Venn home over Elena!!!

Custom Title
    I was surprised as well.

In terms of the winner, though I loved Chris's dress, I don't think it would show up on stage as effectively as Dmitri's, with those dark bands of color and that asymmetrical sleeve. Also, Dmitri's had such gorgeous details, including the skirt that moved so beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I can't believe they sent Venn home over Elena!!!
    My guess is that they felt that Elena at least tried to do something different and was pushing herself more. They seemed to feel that Ven didn't put forth the same effort to do something different from his origami and went too simple, instead. Personally, I would've preferred that they kept Ven over Elena.

If I recall correctly, Uli's collection moved away from her standard long flowy colorful dresses. She did a lot of separates that could be worn in the office - it was surprising.

I really wish Michael Knight hadn't choked because I enjoyed so much of his work throughout their season. Did not care for winner Jeffrey.

Custom Title
    Agreed! I found Jeffrey's style very uncongenial and strongly disliked his behavior. That yellow plaid dress that won the Couture challenge (I really preferred Ulli's dress, and I think Michael's)--ugh! You have to be a gorgeous model even to look passable in yellow plaid. I was so glad when Ulli won the final challenge before the runway episodes.

Michael's clothing (up until the final challenge and then the runway) was wonderful, and his personality is mature and warm. In the brief time I watched the Real Housewives of Atlanta (until I realized that it was an excuse for grown women to shriek at one another like kindergarteners), one of the ladies set herself up as a dress designer. She made drawings, paid for the services of a real designer and seamstresses, and even hired out the purchase of the fabrics. Because Michael (by then styling himself as Mychael) was based in Atlanta, she got him to look at her collection. He was the only person, male or female, on that show who didn't address the camera in a spiteful manner in those contrived "confessional" moments. Instead, he said very quietly that if you are going to put your name on a fashion collection, you should at least choose the fabrics yourself, or things weren't going to work out well for you. He behaved like a gentleman, and I presume that he still does.

Heyang, what do you think of the final 4???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast