Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Alert: It starts Thursday 7/19

I tho't Dmitry's design was so much better than Christopher's. In fact, overall, I think Dmitry's clothes are the most attractive.

Those two are my favorites, both for their designs and personalities. I can see why they loved Christopher's skyline of NYC. So perfect. I can see them making the dresses in a different color for effect. 42

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I can't believe they sent Venn home over Elena!!!
    My guess is that they felt that Elena at least tried to do something different and was pushing herself more. They seemed to feel that Ven didn't put forth the same effort to do something different from his origami and went too simple, instead. Personally, I would've preferred that they kept Ven over Elena.

Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I tho't Dmitry's design was so much better than Christopher's. In fact, overall, I think Dmitry's clothes are the most attractive.
    Dmitry's looks are pretty classic, but I don't think he pushes himself to be 'forward' as much as Christopher does.

While watching this episode, I thought that a lot of these dresses would make nice skating outfits, too. They were much better as compared to the outfits designed during season 2 for Sasha Cohen.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I was surprised as well.

In terms of the winner, though I loved Chris's dress, I don't think it would show up on stage as effectively as Dmitri's, with those dark bands of color and that asymmetrical sleeve. Also, Dmitri's had such gorgeous details, including the skirt that moved so beautifully.
    Since the Rockette's dont' twirl as much as skaters, I think Chris's dress has more impact when seen as a 'line'. It probably looks awesome when you see a row of 20+ Rockets wearing Chris's dress - a long skyline.

Since the Rockette's dance arm in arm to some extent, I think you'd lose some of the effects of the asymetry.

However, Dmitry's dress would be fantastic as a skating costume. The asymetrical lines would like great during a spin + having the fringe flair out.

Dmitry and Christopher definitely had the best 2 of the night. I think both would look better in different colors for the Rockettes. The dark blue might not be as striking with a dark background on stage. The paleness of Chris's dress could get washed out under bright lights.

Overall, I thought Chris's outfit fit the challenge more in that it really represented the Rockettes and utilized the art deco style of Radio City Music Hall. Dmitry's dress was beautiful, but didn't say 'Rockettes'.

Custom Title
    Okay, I'll buy that. Especially if they figure out how to give Chris's dress more color contrast, yes indeed, it will make a great Rockettes dress. As you say, a row of Rockettes dancing will make a long sweep of skyline.

Some skater ought to hire Dmitri to make that exact dress for her. It wasn't just the fringe: the way the coils of fabric are connected to each other is just stunning. You're right, Heyang, skaters twirl more, so you would see 360 degrees of this dress, and you wouldn't on a Rockette.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    My guess is that they felt that Elena at least tried to do something different and was pushing herself more. They seemed to feel that Ven didn't put forth the same effort to do something different from his origami and went too simple, instead. Personally, I would've preferred that they kept Ven over Elena.
    Elena did do more.....ugly then some more. Last time they kept her scrub jacket and sent home Gunner, uh why??? I can't stand Michael Kors so I guess I'm just mad. At least Ven's dress was pretty, he didn't do any origami. It wasn't that bad. Elena's was just bad, bad, bad and not in a good way. Grrrrrr...I'll stop now!!

Are you happy with the 4??? I am. I think they picked the right ones. Once they get their collections finished they have another competition to go through for the finalists to show their collection at fashion week. I am rooting for Christopher and Dmitry. Christopher for some reason reminds me of Christian Sirano. I don't really get Melissa but I guess the judges do.

BTW, forgot to mention about the all stars that begins later this month. Here is the cast. I must say...Uli looks really different.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/proj...on-2/designers

Custom Title
    I would have preferred Sonji to Melissa, but I'm thrilled with Christopher and Dmitry. I'd be happy with either of the guys as the winner, though I prefer Dmitry's clothing, I think.

As for the All-Stars: I remember a lot of them very favorably. I loved Ulli her first time around, though she tended to have a rather narrow range (flowing clothing in lovely prints). I remember liking Althea a lot. I just loved Kayne, both for his clothing and for his personality. Andrae was excellent, and he designed one of my favorite dresses ever, the "dirty water dress" during an inspiration challenge.

http://bloggingprojectrunway2.blogsp...1st-place.html

As I recall, this dress was came in second after a dress by Daniel Vosovic, and I was sorry, because Daniel's dress was a puffy top (made to echo the lines of a blossom) that I thought had an unflattering shape wearable only by a complete beanpole.

So I'm glad to see Andrae back on there.

But Wendy Pepper, my goodness! She was a walking example of the chaos principle in the first season.

If I recall correctly, Uli's collection moved away from her standard long flowy colorful dresses. She did a lot of separates that could be worn in the office - it was surprising.

I really wish Michael Knight hadn't choked because I enjoyed so much of his work throughout their season. Did not care for winner Jeffrey.

Custom Title
    Agreed! I found Jeffrey's style very uncongenial and strongly disliked his behavior. That yellow plaid dress that won the Couture challenge (I really preferred Ulli's dress, and I think Michael's)--ugh! You have to be a gorgeous model even to look passable in yellow plaid. I was so glad when Ulli won the final challenge before the runway episodes.

Michael's clothing (up until the final challenge and then the runway) was wonderful, and his personality is mature and warm. In the brief time I watched the Real Housewives of Atlanta (until I realized that it was an excuse for grown women to shriek at one another like kindergarteners), one of the ladies set herself up as a dress designer. She made drawings, paid for the services of a real designer and seamstresses, and even hired out the purchase of the fabrics. Because Michael (by then styling himself as Mychael) was based in Atlanta, she got him to look at her collection. He was the only person, male or female, on that show who didn't address the camera in a spiteful manner in those contrived "confessional" moments. Instead, he said very quietly that if you are going to put your name on a fashion collection, you should at least choose the fabrics yourself, or things weren't going to work out well for you. He behaved like a gentleman, and I presume that he still does.

Heyang, what do you think of the final 4???

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/eng/CMS/PRDress_Dress.cfm

I'm good with the final 4. Chris and Dmitry have been front runners from the start IMHO. I think Fabio has improved once he realized that the judges wanted him to not design for them - when they admired his own unique clothing. I think the choice between Sanjia and Melissa came down to point of view - Melissa has a 'look', you can usually recognize which piece is hers. Sanjia's pieces aren't as cohesive.

I watching some reruns of this season last night and it made me realize how forgettable some of the cast and outfits have been. One day you're in, and the next you're out.
    Last edited by heyang; 10-07-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Just got a chance to watch last Thursday's episode. I was little surprised at Fabio's collection...the pastel colors. I really liked several pieces from Dmitry. Love the xray fabric from Christoper. Sorry, but I just don't get Melissa's collection. I really feel that the judges are upholding her. Your thoughts???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast