Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Project Runway Alert: It starts Thursday 7/19

In a sense, I was underwhelmed. As the judges said, none of them had a show stopping piece. A lot of the pieces were very nice, but none had great impact in the seconds it would take for the model to walk the runway.

I do think the 3 guys were better than Melissa's.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I do think the 3 guys were better than Melissa's.
    I do too, thanks for saying that Heyang. Melissa's white jacket with the big cuffs was just too much.

Custom Title
    Well, I'm very happy with the outcome of the final episode. How does everyone else feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Well, I'm very happy with the outcome of the final episode. How does everyone else feel?
    I am too. Dimitry did good and I was impressed with Fabio more than I thought I would be. He really brought his collection to a whole new level. He made me cry when he said....I'm sad. Poor baby!! Fabio is so different even in his own personal dress...love it. I was surprised at Chris' collection that it didn't really jump out; he is so talented. I did love his fabric. I think I would have liked to see what Sonji would do instead of Melissa.

Custom Title
    Apparently Fabio as runner-up gets a sum of money also, though a smaller one. He'll also be in the magazine spread. So he did get something to tide him over and help pay his bills as well as some well-deserved recognition. I did not like his color scheme, because pastels just don't do it for me, but I could see that his outfits are very good. I like Dmitri's more tailored style better. Chris had some lovely pieces. The one outfit I adored of Melissa's was that flame-colored leather dress. Did you see how she cut it out and was sewing it together? I think it was a one-piece fabric. It reminded me of some of the patterns Madeleine Vionnet used to devise in the twenties and thirties. That kind of "shape engineering" just fascinates me.

An article about Vionnet in Threads Magazine; scroll down to see some of her amazing patterns.

http://www.bettykirke.com/articles/threads/threads.html

So happy for Dmitri. He's been my choice for weeks. Loved his collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    An article about Vionnet in Threads Magazine; scroll down to see some of her amazing patterns.

http://www.bettykirke.com/articles/threads/threads.html
    Thanks Olympia for that article; it's so interesting!!!

Custom Title
    Vionnet is one of my favorite designers ever--not that I can sew on the bias myself. Such a beautiful technique.

I just found an article about Dmitri, who's become my favorite winner after Christian Siriano. The article gives two great facts:
    1. Heidi apparently has obtained several of the outfits in his final collection. (I don't know whether she pays, or whether as one of the producers, she gets first dibs.)
    2. Dmitri, an ex-ballroom dancer (as a child and a teenager), loves watching Dancing with the Stars. He'd love to be a celebrity contestant. Wouldn't that be a kick?

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/10/19/14560960-project-runway-winner-heidi-klum-took-half-of-my-collection?lite#__utma=14933801.201275016.13424027 50.1350702245.1350736484.219&__utmb=14933801.1.10. 1350736484&__utmc=14933801&__utmx=-&__utmz=14933801.1342402750.1.1.utmcsr=%28direct%2 9|utmccn=%28direct%29|utmcmd=%28none%29&__utmv=149 33801.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc|cover=1^12=Landing%20Co ntent=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.nbcnews.co m=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Earned%20to%20M ixed=1&__utmk=79198612

Custom Title
    Is anyone watching Project Runway All-Stars? It's on right now.

Some great contestants, including Kayne and Ulli, two faves of mine, as well as several others. This evening, Mondo is one of the guest judges. I hope they have him on again later in the season. This guy is so articulate and authoritative! I could listen to his observations all day. He puts ideas together like a born teacher. This is going to be fun, I think. (And I have to say, I liked Wendy Pepper's dress. The woman doesn't have the greatest personality, but she's a fine designer.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4