I watched This Week with George S and they also had a debate on gun control. The rep for the NRA was their press secretary (I believe - I came in towards the end,) While no one denied the right to bear arms, the questioned the ownership of military grade automatic weapons, how come 2nd'ary markets are not required to perform background checks when selling guns, why the public needs magazines that can hold more than a few bullets. The NRA rep said that states that allow concealed weapons have less gun violence and that Chicago/Illinois has a high gun death rate while having strong controls. The rep from Illinois said that their gun death rate is traced back to guns bought on the secondary market without criminal background checks - not law abiding citizens. Everyone questioned why the NRA was not willing to compromise on terms that would make it harder for criminals to attain weapons. One member of the panel said that 74% of the NRA membership favors bans on automatic weapons - the NRA however has sponsorship of gun manufacturer's that don't want to see their public market dry up...... need to fact check......