Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
Here is Dominique Dawes interviewing Olga.

Some interesting thoughts from Olga and she does mention the "squirrel" as her favorite from the London games.
A few other interesting views about changes in the scoring system and the equipment.

Thinking back, as much as I loved Olga's floor routines I didn't realize the floor had no spring back then.

I did not make a list of favorite Olympians (I have too many) but if I did Olga would be right up at the top.
Thanks, Janetfan. What a wonderful interview. Both ladies, Korbut and Dawes, come off well in it. I loved when Olga explained the difference in the scoring system back then. I agree that Korbut would go on my list of favorite Olympians. More so than Nadia, even, because of her wonderful personality. I also had a special affection for her floor routine. Nadia was more aloof and businesslike and didn't project personality as well as Olga.

I do remember some comment in 1984, when Mary Lou was performing, about the floor being sprung at that point, so I assume that this was when the new floors were instituted.