Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
In general, I'm a bit sorry that football players seem to have an automatic edge over everyone else, unless they're real stiffs, but what are you going to do. Team sports are the most popular viewing pleasure in the U.S. It's not as if a cash prize is at stake, and realistically, everyone who goes on that show can end up benefiting from the exposure, so it's a win-win situation. This time around I was a bit more disappointed that Donald won, because he didn't have the fluidity that Emmit had. But he wasn't awful, and he improved through the season as well.

One group that is conspicuously absent from the All-Stars is the young Disney contestants. They've generally been both stellar and popular with the audience--Sabrina Bryan, Kyle Massey, and Roshon Fegan are the ones I recall. Maybe they weren't free because of other obligations, but it's too bad. (I know that Kyle was in the touring live show.) Maybe if this season is successful, there will be another one in the future.
Actually, it's athletes who generally have the advantage. If you look at past winners, athletes comprise the largest % of winners. Generally, they are physically co-ordinated and know how to train and compete. If they have any sense of rythym, they are in the finale. I think Clyde Drexler probably had the most difficulty due to his extreme height and his partner's petiteness - I don't think they have basketball players fill the athlete niche anymore.

Sabrina and Kyle are both in the wild card category as related to participating. I'd rather see either one of them before Carson. The 2 of them can dance. Carson's comic, but not the best dancer of the 3.