DWTS All-Stars | Page 5 | Golden Skate

DWTS All-Stars

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Had a few worries about Susan Boyle though. She looked ill. Or completely overwhelmed by singing with Donny Osmond.
My family are big fans of Susan Boyle. Susan says that she has problems performing before an audience. Her first few notes were a little off and then I noticed her putting her hand into Donny's and then she was OK. She loves Donny; I think Donny was able to make her feel secure.

Susan has a new album coming out on November 13th. I can't wait to get it. The name is The Greatest Songs From The Stage.

Here is a list of the songs

1. Somewhere Over The Rainbow
2. The Winner Takes It All
3. Send In The Clowns
4. The Music Of The Night featuring Michael Crawford
5. Bring Him Home
6. Memory
7. As Long As He Needs Me
8. All I Ask Of You featuring Donny Osmond
9. Out Here On My Own
10. You ll Never Walk Alone
11. This Is The Moment featuring Donny Osmond

My family are big fans of Susan Boyle. Susan says that she has problems performing before an audience. Her first few notes were a little off and then I noticed her putting her hand into Donny's and then she was OK. She loves Donny; I think Donny was able to make her feel secure.

Susan has a new album coming out on November 13th. I can't wait to get it. The name is The Greatest Songs From The Stage.

Here is a list of the songs

1. Somewhere Over The Rainbow
2. The Winner Takes It All
3. Send In The Clowns
4. The Music Of The Night featuring Michael Crawford
5. Bring Him Home
6. Memory
7. As Long As He Needs Me
8. All I Ask Of You featuring Donny Osmond
9. Out Here On My Own
10. You ll Never Walk Alone
11. This Is The Moment featuring Donny Osmond

That looks like a wonderful album! I love Boyle. Even seeing how nervous she was, I could hear that true, open tone in her voice. She has a wonderful gift, and I'm always thrilled when I see her using it, after all those deprived years. Soon after she performed that first time on Britain's Got Talent, I found her rendition of "Cry Me a River" online. She sounded like the kind of singer you'd listen to in dead of night, when the world was empty of any other sympathetic souls--a bona fide torch singer, in other words. She's obviously had just enough training to know how to place her breath, but not enough for her to have developed a processed, flamboyant delivery. She has a simple, naturalistic style, but her voice is definitely a quality instrument, very fresh and youthful, and she can make a connection to the emotion in a song.

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
One of my friends met Donny in Vegas. My friend was in Vegas for 2 weeks to celebrate his 50th - one night he was waiting for the elevator in the Flamingo hotel and realized he was standing next to Donny. So, he got his picture taken with Donny - said he was really nice and cool about the picture, etc.

I missed about he 1st 1/2 of DWTS this week - I'll have to go and watch. I thought Shaun and Kelly were great and Kelly had a brokent toe, as well.

During the original Gilles vs SHaun season, I really thought Gilles should've won. However, Shaun's matured so much in the last few years and I find myself appreciating her a lot more.

Based upon the show, Gilles and Shaun have the highest overall scores... so, it might be a repeat for the top 2.....

Happy now that Bristol's gone...... While I do like Kirstie the celebrity, it is time for her to go home, as well. She probably should've been gone before Drew and Helio and Joey Fatone... JMHO.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Happy now that Bristol's gone...... While I do like Kirstie the celebrity, it is time for her to go home, as well. She probably should've been gone before Drew and Helio and Joey Fatone... JMHO.

I agree with most of what you said....except that Kirstie can go now that Bristol's gone and Bristol should have gone home before Drew, Helio and Joey.

heyang

Record Breaker
I agree with most of what you said....except that Kirstie can go now that Bristol's gone and Bristol should have gone home before Drew, Helio and Joey.

I definitely didn't intend to imply that Bristol should've been around this long. She should've gone home right after Pam Anderson.... overall, she should've never appeard on DWTS since Bristol did not 'earn' her celebrity status. If her mother hadn't been a candidate for VP, Bristol wouldn't have been known outside of Alaska.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Have to agree with heyang and dee4707. I expect Kirstie will go this week although there could be a surprise. I heard Melissa had a fall. At this point, I really like them all and am going to be sorry to see any of them go. And a question! What on earth do they do to top this season? I think the all-star format has reinvigorated the show. So next time? Let pros choose celebrities?

I heard about Melissa's injury--it sounds terrifying. I hope she doesn't come back sooner than she should. I still shake when I remember Hines falling on Kim a few seasons ago. I thought he had snapped her neck. There's an element of extra danger when an inexperienced partner is dancing above his or her level, and the danger can be to the pro as well as to the partner.

Scrufflet, what an inspired idea, having the pros choose their celebrities. I wonder what you'd get as a result.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I definitely didn't intend to imply that Bristol should've been around this long. She should've gone home right after Pam Anderson.... overall, she should've never appeard on DWTS since Bristol did not 'earn' her celebrity status. If her mother hadn't been a candidate for VP, Bristol wouldn't have been known outside of Alaska.

Heyang, I totally agree what you're saying about Bristol. I was going to say something about Sarah but I will bite my tongue. Heyang, I always respect your comments.

heyang

Record Breaker
Heyang, I totally agree what you're saying about Bristol. I was going to say something about Sarah but I will bite my tongue. Heyang, I always respect your comments.

Thanks, Dee. I always enjoy and respect what you have to say, too.

Note: i left the political and personal elements out on the comment about Bristol.

I really don't know what DWTS can do to keep the momentum. One of the reasons this season was 'bright' was because most of the contestants were capable of performing and dancing. Bristol and Pam were the exceptions IMHO. All of the others were always entertaining to watch and enjoyed the challenge and could dance. I don't think that they can ever pick another cast that's as 'even' a playing field, unless they do all-stars again. I wouldn't mind seeing JR Martinez and Donny Osmond compete again.

Yeah, I was thinking of JR Martinez as a possible, and also Kyle Massey. Of course, Donny is wonderful and would be a treat to see.

You're right that it could be really tough to keep up the kind of quality they got this time with the best contestants from the past. The other problem next season will be that neither Derek nor Maks will be there, if I remember the announcements. They are both not only very popular with viewers but also two of the most inventive choreographers.

Meanwhile, back in the present, that team dance to "Call Me Maybe" was tremendous! To begin with, I love the bouncy song--probably due largely to that sprightly video made by the Olympic swimmers. The choreography that the pros came up with was splendid, full of great interchanges and patterns. I don't know how the other team can top this, but with Gilles and Emmitt on it, they might.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Group dance was terrific! But now that song is in my head and I can't get it out!
The Gilles/Carrie Ann thing was hilarious and that dance was wonderful.
Derek leaving? NOOOOOO!

That guy is soooo good. The rumba tonight was entrancing; I don't care what Len says. I really hope someone figures out a musical movie to star Derek in, because this guy is dynamite.

I didn't watch the whole show but will try to catch bits on YouTube.

heyang

Record Breaker
I definitely thought Call Me Maybe was a better overall routine as compared to Gangham Style. CMM was really well choreographed. GS didn't make as much use of the floor and each couple really danced in one spot on the dance floor. There should've been a larger difference in the score imho. Gilles was definitely the best part of that group#!!!!

I enjoyed Shaun/Derek and Sabrina/Louis the most tonight. I think Carrie Ann was correct - while Apolo did his samba well on a technical level, I didn't feel the 'fun' in his samba. JMHO. I felt that way about Melissa's tango , too - I didn't feel the routine as much as other tangos.

Last night, Kelly definitely took a step back, but I don't think she deserved the lowest score. Emmett's samba was good, but not as good as his 1st season.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kirstie's last dance....she was good but I agree it was time for her to go but I'm sad that Maks has to go too. :cry:

I'm sad too over Gilles Marini, I was hoping Apollo would go home. Gilles puts his heart & soul into his dancing. :love:

I missed almost all of the program. I'll have to watch it online tomorrow. But I saw the end. Gilles! How could that be? And I'll miss Kirstie and Maks.

heyang

Record Breaker
Kirstie was the correct person to be eliminated.

I was shocked that it was Apolo vs Gilles for the 2nd elimination. I thought it would be Kelly or Emmett.

Emmett has been 'safe' this season. He really hasn't stretched himself as much as the others.

Kelly has put her all into her efforts and it shows. However, because she's so concerned about getting it right, her personality isn't coming across.

Thus, why I thought Emmett or Kelly would be the 2nd elimination.

Emmitt has not impressed me this season, and I loved him the first time around. Gilles was wonderful. However, this is an aberration of a season, so I guess we should be prepared for surprises. At this point, anyone who is eliminated will be excellent, and a lot of it boils down to popularity. The one thing that will not be ideal, considering who is left, is if Emmitt wins. He is the weakest of the remaining dancers. I hope Shaun is in the finals, along with probably Melissa. It would be great if Melissa helps Tony win for the first time! (Well, if Tony helps Melissa help Tony win. I'm getting dizzy.) But Shaun and Derek are so appealing and inventive...despite that weird tribal samba.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But Shaun and Derek are so appealing and inventive...despite that weird tribal samba.

I thought that samba was terrible; I couldn't believe that Derek chose that to do what??? show off Shaun's dancing skills???

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm rooting for Melissa and Tony this season. The other night I thought Emmett phoned in his performance and should have gone home instead of Gilles.

I am fine with Kirstie going; she is the least talented dancer.