DWTS All-Stars | Page 3 | Golden Skate

DWTS All-Stars

It's been on several online news sites--maybe CNN or USA Today, with quotes from Maks himself.

Alas.

Kitt, I'm half hoping that Melissa will win so that Tony can finally have a win of his own. He's one of the nicest pros: not flashy, no ego, very patient (except of course when he had to deal with Kate Gosselin), good teacher. My Bulgarian friends are especially partial to him because he's from the Balkans (Albania or Kossovo, I think), so I'm imagining the party we'll have if he earns the trophy for his partner. Go, Melissa and Tony!

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It's been on several online news sites--maybe CNN or USA Today, with quotes from Maks himself.

Alas.

Kitt, I'm half hoping that Melissa will win so that Tony can finally have a win of his own. He's one of the nicest pros: not flashy, no ego, very patient (except of course when he had to deal with Kate Gosselin), good teacher. My Bulgarian friends are especially partial to him because he's from the Balkans (Albania or Kossovo, I think), so I'm imagining the party we'll have if he earns the trophy for his partner. Go, Melissa and Tony!

I totally agree, Olympia! Go Melissa and Tony!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Toni, say it isn't so!!! :cry: :cry: Where did you hear?? He is one of the top reasons I watch....love to watch him. :love: :love:

yahoo news had it the other day. he was quoted as saying he's tired of boosting the careers of others and he wants to focus more on his own. iirc he's going into acting and has already landed some roles (or was that another article I read? lol)

I could see him trying out acting. He's got a lot of presence, a nice voice, projects cleverness and resourcefulness, would probably do well in action movies (seems happy to go shirtless upon request), and is as good-looking as an action star needs to be these days.

Or maybe if one of us figures out how to craft a figure-skating movie, he could portray one of the coaches. Or the skaters! I bet he could learn pair moves real fast, like those actors on the Russian version of Skating with the Stars. Quick: which one of us has the best idea for a script?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
considering there's never been a decent skating movie script, our contest should be who can write teh cheesiest drivel lol

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I could see him trying out acting. He's got a lot of presence, a nice voice, projects cleverness and resourcefulness, would probably do well in action movies (seems happy to go shirtless upon request), and is as good-looking as an action star needs to be these days.

I think he would be cast as a bad guy.

I think it's kind of a good move for him because I think Len has it in for him. I wish they would get new judges.

heyang

Record Breaker
For week 2, my top 2 are Apolo and Giles. Bottom 2 are Bristol and Kirstie. JMHO.

I missed most of Emmitt's dance. I thought Apolo and Gilles were wonderful, and I also liked the blonde "twins," Shaun and Sabrina. I think my bottom two were Bristol and Joey F.

Edited to add: The judges requested Sabrina and Louis's dance as the repeat performance tonight. It's really a joy to watch. If Sabrina wins, it will give one of my favorite pros, Louis Van Amstel, his first win. he is such a classy guy, a great teacher and very protective of his partners. I remember how wonderful he was with Kelly Osborne, who almost turned into a different person through her tenure as a contestant.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Benji & Lacey are supposed to dance on the show tonight. I am not a fan but thought I would let you know.

Benji & Lacey are supposed to dance on the show tonight. I am not a fan but thought I would let you know.

Rats! I was working and just looked down during Benji's dance. I saw him bow. I hope it gets put on YouTube, or I'll watch online on the ABC site.

I didn't completely disagree with Joey's being eliminated. He was one of the least successful dancers last night. Everyone was a finalist or a champ, and so no one really "deserves" to go home this season. I wish there were no eliminations, and they just ranked everyone in the last episode. But as it is, someone good will go home each week--and two couples next week, I gather.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was hoping it would be Bristol or Joey. I think Kirstie deserves to be on for a while....she's doing great for being 61.

I think Kirstie is great, too. She isn't one of the very best dancers, but she's pretty good. She has a good sense of rhythm, and she's able to create a narrative and emotional thread through her dance. I also love the way she carries herself--she's lost a lot of weight but isn't a sylph yet, and she shows that you don't have to be tiny to be confident. She and Maks also have a wonderful partner chemistry, and that's an important aspect of a good dance pair. Besides, she gives it her all. That's always satisfying to see.

And here on YouTube is the guest dance from last night's results show, with Benji and Lacey Schwimmer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDEihxp7sHQ

Keep watching: they're the "Hey, Pachuco" section of the dance, at the end--the ones in the blindingly yellow suits (a la Helio from his first season), dancing as though gravity doesn't exist. I am so glad they have been able to use Benji on the show from time to time, because he's just a joy to watch, and he and Lacey together are totally brilliant.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm not enjoying Kirstie's dancing as much this season. She seemed lighter on her feet during her 1st season.

I do think she's better than Bristol and Pamela.

Drew Lachey has lost something in his dancing for me. His feet seem to flop around more - as in not pointed correctly.

Seeing some of the best dancers all together really highlights who is truly better than others. Most of the winners were deserving in their season, but it's become apparent that they weren't the best.

That's a good observation. I noticed it with Helio, who's still wonderful fun to watch but isn't up to the standard of someone like Sabrina.

I think a lot of the champs from previous years are good natural dancers but don't have tremendous technique. They probably learned enough through their season to keep them going and then (no surprise) didn't maintain it. People like Shaun, Sabrina, maybe Melissa, and Apolo probably do the kinds of regular conditioning that makes it easier for them to be meticulous in the dancing.

Not counting the boost that could come from football fan voters for Emmitt, I think Apolo has the best chance of the guys to win, because he'll likely get the best technical scores from the judges. (Though there's always Gilles, who has both technique and enough smouldering chemistry to make him a splendid partner!) Of the ladies, the Sunshine Twins are probably in the best position to win on these grounds, though I can't count out Melissa, with her gorgeous long lines and feisty determination.

Last edited:
I'm watching this week's show, where each couple is doing some version of a dance previously done by one of the other couples in a previous season. So far, everyone is rising to the occasion, even poor Helio, who tangled himself in Chelsie's gown. (He looks just great in that pinstrip zoot suit.)

Ironically, one of my favorite dances ever, Mario Lopez's paso doble to "El Mariachi," was performed by Mario's rival from that season, Emmitt Smith. Though I love both Emmitt and Mario, I was not impressed by Emmitt's paso. He's got presence and grace, but he does not have the smoldering quality that Mario radiated in that dance.

If you wanted smoldering tonight, you could get it from Gilles. That guy just prowls around the stage. Superb! Very sweet that Apollo tried to do a dance of Gilles', but he was not even close.

And Kirstie: that woman has boundless energy. They showed Bristol griping a bit during her rehearsal about how Mark isn't supporting her and the judges don't love her, and I kept thinking of Kirstie, who has real obstacles, all that extra weight, and forty extra years, and she never complains. I'm sure Maks is happy to have someone with that much perseverance as a partner. (Though I'm sure they scrap like the gingham dog and the calico cat!) Anyway, Bristol seems to have picked herself up and done a good job tonight.

And Shaun and Derek! What a phenomenally creative routine. Derek must be thrilled that he has a partner who can jump so high and do anything, anything he dreams up. And can even dream up amazing tricks herself. That was a pure thrill ride.

Last edited: