Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: DWTS All-Stars

Custom Title
    Yeah, I was thinking of JR Martinez as a possible, and also Kyle Massey. Of course, Donny is wonderful and would be a treat to see.

You're right that it could be really tough to keep up the kind of quality they got this time with the best contestants from the past. The other problem next season will be that neither Derek nor Maks will be there, if I remember the announcements. They are both not only very popular with viewers but also two of the most inventive choreographers.

Meanwhile, back in the present, that team dance to "Call Me Maybe" was tremendous! To begin with, I love the bouncy song--probably due largely to that sprightly video made by the Olympic swimmers. The choreography that the pros came up with was splendid, full of great interchanges and patterns. I don't know how the other team can top this, but with Gilles and Emmitt on it, they might.

Custom Title
    Group dance was terrific! But now that song is in my head and I can't get it out!
    The Gilles/Carrie Ann thing was hilarious and that dance was wonderful.
    Derek leaving? NOOOOOO!

Custom Title
    That guy is soooo good. The rumba tonight was entrancing; I don't care what Len says. I really hope someone figures out a musical movie to star Derek in, because this guy is dynamite.

I didn't watch the whole show but will try to catch bits on YouTube.

I definitely thought Call Me Maybe was a better overall routine as compared to Gangham Style. CMM was really well choreographed. GS didn't make as much use of the floor and each couple really danced in one spot on the dance floor. There should've been a larger difference in the score imho. Gilles was definitely the best part of that group#!!!!

I enjoyed Shaun/Derek and Sabrina/Louis the most tonight. I think Carrie Ann was correct - while Apolo did his samba well on a technical level, I didn't feel the 'fun' in his samba. JMHO. I felt that way about Melissa's tango , too - I didn't feel the routine as much as other tangos.

Last night, Kelly definitely took a step back, but I don't think she deserved the lowest score. Emmett's samba was good, but not as good as his 1st season.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Kirstie's last dance....she was good but I agree it was time for her to go but I'm sad that Maks has to go too.

I'm sad too over Gilles Marini, I was hoping Apollo would go home. Gilles puts his heart & soul into his dancing.

Custom Title
    I missed almost all of the program. I'll have to watch it online tomorrow. But I saw the end. Gilles! How could that be? And I'll miss Kirstie and Maks.

Kirstie was the correct person to be eliminated.

I was shocked that it was Apolo vs Gilles for the 2nd elimination. I thought it would be Kelly or Emmett.

Emmett has been 'safe' this season. He really hasn't stretched himself as much as the others.

Kelly has put her all into her efforts and it shows. However, because she's so concerned about getting it right, her personality isn't coming across.

Thus, why I thought Emmett or Kelly would be the 2nd elimination.

Custom Title
    Emmitt has not impressed me this season, and I loved him the first time around. Gilles was wonderful. However, this is an aberration of a season, so I guess we should be prepared for surprises. At this point, anyone who is eliminated will be excellent, and a lot of it boils down to popularity. The one thing that will not be ideal, considering who is left, is if Emmitt wins. He is the weakest of the remaining dancers. I hope Shaun is in the finals, along with probably Melissa. It would be great if Melissa helps Tony win for the first time! (Well, if Tony helps Melissa help Tony win. I'm getting dizzy.) But Shaun and Derek are so appealing and inventive...despite that weird tribal samba.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    But Shaun and Derek are so appealing and inventive...despite that weird tribal samba.
    I thought that samba was terrible; I couldn't believe that Derek chose that to do what??? show off Shaun's dancing skills???

I'm rooting for Melissa and Tony this season. The other night I thought Emmett phoned in his performance and should have gone home instead of Gilles.

I am fine with Kirstie going; she is the least talented dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I thought that samba was terrible; I couldn't believe that Derek chose that to do what??? show off Shaun's dancing skills???
    I enjoyed the #, but it definitely wasn't a samba - it was really a contemporary trible style dance. If it had been on SYTYCD, it would've been praised by the judges.

Apollo didn't seem to have his heart in the show or at least that's what I thought. That's why I thought Apollo should have gone home instead of Gilles who seemed happy to be on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt
    I'm rooting for Melissa and Tony this season.
    I rooting more for Tony...has any of his stars won??? Tony seems like such a nice humble guy unlike a couple other male pros.

Custom Title
    No, Tony has never won before. A Bulgarian friend of mine is a big fan of his out of Balkan solidarity (Tony is from Kosovo). So I've been following him too. He's so nice, and seems very patient, except for the year he had Kate Gosselin, who was whiny and difficult. The best he's done up to now has been third, with Melissa in her earlier season and with the wonderful Stacy Kiebler. I wonder whether a lot of voters are voting for Melissa so that Tony can win--he's gained his own following, I'm sure. Melissa herself is charming and seems very popular, so maybe their combined fan bases will bring him to the top. Though I love Shaun and Derek, I wouldn't complain if Melissa and Tony won. They're so wholehearted in their efforts, as are the other two finalist teams.

I think I want Shawn to win. She's matured so much since her 1st season.

Melissa is also deservedly in the finals. She's also a former Dallas Cheerleader. A bit too perky for my likes.

I'm glad Kelly is the finals. Of the top 5, she had the least amount of dance experience (shortest season of DWTS) and is not an athlete and does not typically perform to a live audience. In a sense, she was at the biggest disadvantage as related to the competition as compared to the others. She was fighting for it more than Emmett. If Apolo had not stumbled, he might've edged out Kelly. I don't think she should be the champion, but not unhappy about her finishing 3rd.

Custom Title
    Yes, I've been very impressed with Kelly's work ethic. She is so intense you can almost see an electrical field radiating from her. Sometimes this show brings out such wonderful traits in the contestants.

All three of the finalists are appealing. My favorite is also Shawn, but there's Tony to consider as a deserving pro winner. Next week is going to be fun!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast