Opening ceremonies kind of tame---what think you all...who is watching the opening? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Opening ceremonies kind of tame---what think you all...who is watching the opening?

seniorita

Record Breaker
I liked the torch very much, it was a surprise how it was created and the fact it was lit by young athletes, the moto of these games is to inspire the youth to come closer to sports,so they used lots of children in the ceremony. It also looked as a chandelier as it rose to the sky, I m wondering too what they will do since it is in the center of the stadium, is there a possibility that this is not the stadium they will use for these competitions?
About Nhs, maybe english first created the national care system so that is why it is important to them? Because otherwise most European countries I know have national care system, same if not better than Uk's.

heyang

Record Breaker
, I m wondering too what they will do since it is in the center of the stadium, is there a possibility that this is not the stadium they will use for these competitions?

From what I've read, the track and field events are held in the stadium containing the torch. I assume that the athletes are practicing there, which is why no events are held there during week 1.

heyang

Record Breaker
BTW, I did spot Christopher Dean with the other British Olympic medalists during opening, but didnt' spot Jane.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
From what I've read, the track and field events are held in the stadium containing the torch. I assume that the athletes are practicing there, which is why no events are held there during week 1.

Athletics competition promises to light up the Olympic Stadium
Lights out, lights in. How to move the fire? One person can carry the fire and 204 kids can carry the bowls. But when and where to? Any ideas?

The athletics starts on Friday. Heyang, I don't think the athletes are practicing there yet. And it's not possible for the throwers.

Yeah, in every Olympics the first week is swimming and diving, all done at once, and then the second week is track and field. I can't remember whether gymnastics is spread across the two weeks, but round-robin or elimination sports such as football and boxing take up every available day.

heyang

Record Breaker
Athletics competition promises to light up the Olympic Stadium
Lights out, lights in. How to move the fire? One person can carry the fire and 204 kids can carry the bowls. But when and where to? Any ideas?

The athletics starts on Friday. Heyang, I don't think the athletes are practicing there yet. And it's not possible for the throwers.

It just seems odd to me to build a venue and then not use it. Only reason i could come up with is to let the athletes use it for practice.... although I guess the 1st few days would involve getting the venue setup - i.e. drawing the lanes, etc.