Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: swimming Swimming SWIMMING!

Custom Title

swimming Swimming SWIMMING!

Congratulations to Lochte of the US on his first gold medal with 400m medley in London!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympic...-im-field.html

I was so happy because I am rooting for him at this Olympic Games!
    Sorry about Phelps, though.
    And I am also happy for Hagino, a high school boy of Japan, for the bronze medal and very proud of him!

As for 100m breaststroke Men's final tonight, I am a bit worried about Kitajima...Seems he is not in the top condition.

Anyway, it's just started and we are only in the 2nd day. Best of luck to all boys and girls!!!

Phelps has developed a huge ego and other athletes have said he has been less than kind/

Custom Title
    Yes, what fun to see Lochte do so well. Swimming is a fun sport to watch partly because swimmers seem to have a long active career. You can watch them grow and continue to excel. Both Lochte and Phelps have been in several Games--I think Phelps at least began at Sidney. This is so much less distressing than girls' gymnastics, and often ladies' skating. (Not always, thank goodness. Hooray for Kostner, Slutskaya, Kwan, Arakawa, and Asada!) For that reason, I was also happy to see Natalie Coughlin do so well in her relay heat, though she was not chosen to swim in the final. She did get a medal as part of a team.

More fun to come! Good luck to Kitajima.

Yippee, they just rebroadcast the actual race, so I could watch it in detail again. What an astounding performance by Lochte. When you hear about how hard he trained, it's gratifying to see that conditioning pay off.
    Last edited by Olympia; 07-29-2012 at 08:39 AM.

I miss Ian Thorpe of Australia. He was so much fun to watch.

Custom Title
    Yeah, Thorpe was great, and Sidney was a wonderful swimming Olympics.

By the way, has anyone in the States seen the great ad with Lochte? Of course, now they're going to play it to death. He talks about how "luck didn't get me to London. I swam here." It shows that literally by having some clever CGI effects that make it look as if he's swimming across the Atlantic to London. It's quite gorgeous. Here it is, from YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew95aGGrWlg
    Last edited by Olympia; 07-29-2012 at 09:01 AM.

I'm becoming a huge Lochte fan... Not just for his swimming skills, though. yum!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I'm becoming a huge Lochte fan... Not just for his swimming skills, though. yum!
    You said it for me; what I wanted but did not write (because I thought it was a bit inappropiate to write it in the first post with the thread title.)

Thanks for that, Toni!

Custom Title
    He is pretty scenic-looking, isn't he? There's no harm in pointing it out.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Greek commentators are in love with Lochte :d congrafulations on the gold medal.
    Oh and I was crazy about Thorpe in Sidney and when isaw him and Popov in Athens 2004 , I was hysterical happy!!!

Custom Title
    I woke up at 4am to watch the race live!

Final result: Men's 100m breaststroke:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/swi...ke-swm031.html

Many congratulations to the Winner, Van der Burgh of RSA with the World Record!

Sad for Kitajima but happy for Hansen.
    A 4th finish in his first appearance in Sydney and 5th finish at his supposedly last Olympics, and 4 Gold medals in between (2 each, 100m+200m at Athenes & Beijing)! Not bad at all. Same goes to Hansen; 1 Silver in Athenes and 1 Bronze in London. They surely are among the greatest athletes of all time.
    Thank you Kosuke and Brendan for representing your own country for such a long time.

It was a good race and I enjoyed a lot. I wish Mr. Dale Oen also enjoyed the race from the up in the heaven.
    Last edited by deedee1; 07-30-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Custom Title
    I thought of Dale Oen too. I like the idea of him watching the race from somewhere in the great beyond.

That race by Van der Burgh was wonderful, wasn't it?

As long as we dont get into anything too personal, or non family friendly, we can be as lustful as we want!

Custom Title
    oh, Toni, I am such a humble and reserved girl, you know. We call it 'Yamato-Nadeshiko (大和なでしこ)'.
    Last edited by deedee1; 07-30-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Custom Title
    Yes, I am a sedate, ladylike person also. Sometimes.

Ryan Lochte will go in my Scenic Swimmers Hall of Fame next to Lenny Krayzelburg, the Ukrainian-born (U.S.S.R. in those days) American backstroke gold medalist from Sidney.

I think swimmers have an unfair advantage in the looks department. They're often tall, and swimming tends to give them a sculpted look. A lot of gymnasts have unusually muscular upper bodies and are rather short, so they're almost exaggeratedly powerful-looking. Swimmers are just proportioned like Greek statues.

Rinkside
    Yes, I have already awarded Ryan my eye-candy gold medal of the games! We usually DVR the games so we can ff through commercials or sports/heats we don't care about, but I make my hubby show every heat they show with Lochte! hehe

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast