Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: swimming Swimming SWIMMING!

It's not the swimmer's body that makes Ryan attractive... I'm totally into the face - eyes especially - on guys... and Ryan is like the PERFECT head lol

Custom Title
    To me it's both.

Hey, folks, write-in vote! Ryan Lochte for the next regular season of Dancing with the Stars.

I don't know what it is, but the more bulked up a guy is, the less attractive iti s... like Brad Pitt in Troy - WAY too bulked up... but I think he's one fine lookin guy in Mr. & Mrs. Smith and Oceans 11-13 (that being said, I am not a fangirl of his looks in general, I much prefer him as an actor than eye candy)...

and swimmer bodys are just weirrd... bulky on top and super skinny butts... they're topheavy!

and I love how the swimming thread on GS is sooooooooooooooooooooo far away from the seriousness than most threads are on herre! It's refreshing!

Rinkside
    Lochte's baby blues are to die for (and those abs of his don't hurt either)!

I agree about the bulked up bodies- not my cup of tea. Like Horton of gymnastics- huge bulked up upper body and little legs (and those footie pj pants the men gymnasts have to wear aren't helping).

What was this thread about? Oh yeah- swimming! Go swimming!

swimming's just a footnote lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post

and I love how the swimming thread on GS is sooooooooooooooooooooo far away from the seriousness than most threads are on herre! It's refreshing!
    Oh that's why everyone LOVES this board!
    As for Lochte's baby blue eyes, I admit they tickle a kind of 'maternal instinct' of mine.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Is it just me or do we seem to be getting spammed with swimming ?
    It's like watching the Swimlympics, haha.

it was like that in 2008... swimming was always on the main station... it's teh "big ticket" other than gymnastics (probably more so because it's not something judges decide).

it was like that in 2008... swimming was always on the main station... it's teh "big ticket" other than gymnastics (probably more so because it's not something judges decide).
    They interrupt. Every. Event. With swimming.

I dunno I guess I just can't get into it!

I know, but it's what we really dominate in (USA) and it's no more or less - that I can tell - than what we got four, or even eight, years ago... kinda like during the height of Kwan, we got a lot more skating lol

I know, but it's what we really dominate in (USA) and it's no more or less - that I can tell - than what we got four, or even eight, years ago... kinda like during the height of Kwan, we got a lot more skating lol
    True, true...I guess events with Phelps and Lochte are probably the highest profile events for the US networks right now...and I do find myself getting excited about certain races like the relays (and when they have a really good fluff piece, hehe ).

I'm not a swimming fan, but I am loving a lot of the popular faces of the US Team... not just Lochte, but Missy Franklin should be the new darling of the Summer Games... I LOVE her poise and energy and everything about her! She's a star!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    and swimmer bodys are just weirrd... bulky on top and super skinny butts... they're topheavy!
    I dont like most skaters' butts (i know I m alone on this), especially the type of body like Shawn Sawyer's for example, kind of short with their round behinds, more slender figures like Lambiel's or Lysacek's in fs is more my cup of tea. What I meant to say is that I disagree with you .
    I prefer the swimmers. But not for example Phelps, his body looks supernatural. Lochte yes

I'm not a fan of most skater butts either (especially the ones like Sawyer or Boitano... and why do they all insist on wearing crushed velvet for their pants? all it does is make the awkward shaping more noticable!)

Lochte is more natural, but still too bulky for me lol

Swimmer's necks are also weird because they have to keep them straight so much ( I think that's what causes it ) it looks especially weird on the women.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I dont like most skaters' butts (i know I m alone on this), especially the type of body like Shawn Sawyer's for example, kind of short with their round behinds, more slender figures like Lambiel's or Lysacek's in fs is more my cup of tea. What I meant to say is that I disagree with you .
    I prefer the swimmers. But not for example Phelps, his body looks supernatural. Lochte yes
    You are not alone. But skaters have much better looking body shape than gymnasts. Male swimmers are generally in really great shape with tall and bulky built. I agree not Phelps who has too long a torsel. Have you seen Lochte's closet? His collections could compete with Johnny Weir's.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast