Equestrian | Golden Skate

Equestrian

Johar

Medalist
(All times Eastern)

Saturday, July 28

Individual and team eventing dressage: 1:45 pm. - 2:45 pm. (NBC Sports Network)

Sunday, July 29

Individual and team eventing dressage: 2:15 pm. - 3:00 pm. (NBC Sports Network)

Monday, July 30

Individual and team eventing - Cross Country (LIVE): 8:15 am. - 12:45 pm. (NBC Sports Network)

Tuesday, July 31

Eventing - Team Jumping final (LIVE): 6:00 am. - 8:15 am. (NBC Sports Network)

Eventing - Individual Jumping final (LIVE): 9:15 am. - 10:30 am. (NBC Sports Network)

Thursday, August 2

Dressage qualifying: 1:30 pm. - 2:30 pm. (MSNBC)

Friday, August 3

Dressage qualifying: 12:30 pm. - 1:30 pm. (MSNBC)

Saturday, August 4

Jumping qualifying: 3:30 pm. - 4:30 pm. (NBC Sports Network)

Sunday, August 5

Team jumping final - first round: 2:30pm - 3:00pm (NBC)

Monday, August 6

Team jumping final - second round: 1:00 pm. - 1:45 pm. (NBC)

Tuesday, August 7

Team dressage final (LIVE): 10:45 am. - 11:30 am. (NBC Sports Network)

Wednesday, August 8

Individual jumping final: 11:00 am. - 11:30 am. (NBC)

Thursday, August 9

Individual Dressage final (LIVE): 9:00 am. - 11:00 am. (MSNBC)

Thanks, Johar. I hope to catch some of this. Dressage is a sport in which athletes can compete for quite a long time, and that's very gratifying to watch. This is another reason it's so great to watch some of the less well-known sports; besides getting to learn about a new sport, you get to see people who might not always fit your inner vision of what an athlete looks like, or people who come from countries you don't usually think of as sports giants.

This is the sport that incapacitated Christopher Reeve. Princess Anne herself once broke a bone in her back, as I recall, luckily with no damage to the spinal cord itself.

I'm not sure that there wouldn't be a three-way tie among equestrian cross country, road cycling, and certain apparatus of women's gymnastics. Just last year, I think, one of the world's premier cyclists died during a race. They hurtle around pretty quickly, and often though hilly, irregular terrain. And they ride in groups, so that if one crashes, he/she can bring down a lot more people. As for gymnastics, there are a few instances of dreadful, permanent injury to champion girl gymnasts. While men's disciplines have fewer moments where the gymnast isn't holding on to the apparatus, there are those flips on the bar, where the guy lets go and twirls and then hopefully catches hold again. Thank goodness for padded floors, but it is a long way down if you fall.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
so what happened to the rider from Ireland who fell? I didn't hear anything on the coverage other than she was taken off the field by ambulance?! :eek:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
so what happened to the rider from Ireland who fell? I didn't hear anything on the coverage other than she was taken off the field by ambulance?! :eek:

What I have hear she is not seriously injured. The riders are protected by air bags when they fall :cool: