medals + tower = nbc obsession | Golden Skate

medals + tower = nbc obsession

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It should be a drinking game, each time nbc mentions that the olympic medals are shoused in the same place as the crown jewels throw one back

It's getting annoying.

But you have to admit, it is exciting, just like the fact that the shooting sports are at Royal military facilities and the rowing is (I think) at Eton, a boarding school so old it was founded by King Henry VI (son of the Henry V played by Kenneth Branagh in the movie and by Paul Wylie on the ice). British notables such as the Duke of Wellington (who defeated Napoleon), the poet Percy Shelley, and even Ian Fleming (creator of James Bond) attended Eton. All the romantic essence of Britain has seemingly been woven into the Olympics, just because they're using what they have lying around as part of their Olympic facilities.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't disagree, I just get tired of being told every other minute that the medals are housed with teh crown jewels, it's a little much to keep mentioning it...

They probably don't realize that we are watching so devotedly. They think they're getting new viewers every few hours who might not know. Not people like us who can recite the rankings by heart already on Day 3.

Facts like this have affected me, though. No offense to your wonderful upcoming vacation, but forget Disneyland! I wanna go to London!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I do love looking and learning of British history - but they've been pushing this on every hour of their coverage for the last two weeks... if people haven't heard it by now, they're never going to hear it... time to find something else to talk about (other than poor Jordyn Weiber, though, please! NBC has no tact in the face of disappointment... actually US Media in general sucks)

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I do love looking and learning of British history - but they've been pushing this on every hour of their coverage for the last two weeks... if people haven't heard it by now, they're never going to hear it... time to find something else to talk about (other than poor Jordyn Weiber, though, please! NBC has no tact in the face of disappointment... actually US Media in general sucks)

That was a horrible. Shame on NBC and Andrea Joyce, formerly of CBS (I liked her when she was with CBS). Jordyn shown crying while Aly was being interviewed. You couldn't concentrate on Aly, because you're watching someone else suffer.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I also thought it was in poor taste that they wouldn't let herr out of the arena because the media wanted to talk to her... NBC commentators (not the sports stars turned commentators) are just horrid... except Terry Gannon, he's awesome.