Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 474

Thread: 2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Waiting as far I know.

    Iliushechkina made scandal, lied about "very bad conditions" (in fact, conditions were as for other skaters of comparable level, i.e. normal for Russia) and so on.
    So federation is'nt benevolent to her.
    How do you know she lied? It wouldn't be first time when the Russian federation is trying to sweep something under carpet, so obviously every offical and coach will be saying that she lied. They can't say that their coach is a bully. From the interview how her (ex)coach spoke about her, the environment was not very good for Lubov. If the coach can speak about the athlete in this way to public, I wonder how she spoke to her in one to one!

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    How do you know she lied?
    Because we know situation not from interviews, but from different people who seen it by their own eyes.

  3. #48
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    All I know is that Lubov looked miserable and unhappy, had a mental block and she is too talented for this situation, if she is happier in France I d love to see her again

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    I see, you know not very much about Russian skaters.
    I try

    Biryukova had arm bone injury after National, her only event after that was Spartakiad of Youth (march 2012), not very good because she did not restore her full level after injury. 2012/13 wil be as usual for her. Level of skills of Biryukova is treated as close to Shelepen and Korobeynikova (before Euro-2012 it was treated as significantly better than Korobeynikova).
    I didnt know Biryukova was injured so thanx for info, and yes I wrote Polina K. because I think Koroveynikova will be treated better than Shelepen and Bityukova after her Euros result.

    Agafonova is good enogh, we will see her on JGP events, I believe.
    Agafanova is in juniors for 4 seasons if not more, it is ridiculous.

    Anna Ovcharova lost season 2010/2011 (leg injury), in 2011/2012 she was not good (17th in National). Federation of Figure Skating was good for her, she had two events of Cup of Russia and participated in Natonal regardless not wery good places at these events.
    After that she changed country. Now she lives in Geneva and is a Swiss skater, not Russian. No scandal, no problems, unlike Iliushechkina.
    I read she went training there but I didnt know RF they released her for Swiss, they did?

    Alexandra Deeva had bad results in Natnonal (15th) and even worse in Junior National (16th, with score 122.02). After Junior National (04-07 Feb 2012) she did not take place in any event. May be, she will leave skating.
    Thats bad I liked Deeva alot.

    Ksenia Makarova in 2011/12 had permanent problems in FS (while SP was good). Her best result in FS (5th Event of Cup of Russia) is with only 4 landed triples. She was 2nd in this FS, first was Evgenia Medvedeva (age 12 years and 10 days), who landed 7 triples.
    So we see not very good Makarova's results on Internalionals.
    I hope she will overcome this problem. If no - there are too many skaters who will give her no chance.
    Nevertheless they sent her instead of Shelepen at Worlds, after a gazilion test skates, thats why I put her in A level skaters, although I dont really find her special.
    Rosa SHEVELEVA - her results in 2010/11 were very good. But after that season she had serious illness, unforchunately, and this situation is permanent, with no hope.
    So she is gone from "big sports", although she skates, with score about 110-130 total (SP+FS).
    Thats bad to hear, what serious ilness??..
    Thanx again for all updates.

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Alexandra Deeva had bad results in Natnonal (15th) and even worse in Junior National (16th, with score 122.02). After Junior National (04-07 Feb 2012) she did not take place in any event. May be, she will leave skating.
    She is not leaving skating. At least afaik.
    Maybe she is not as good as tons of Russian jumping beans but she skated rather well at Sr Nationals (for her level), even claimed personal best score for the SP. And did a killer 3T-tano in the FS.
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Thats bad I liked Deeva alot.
    Her style is so gorgeous. I doubt she can get all the jumps back though. But one can dream.

    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I read she went training there but I didnt know RF they released her for Swiss, they did?
    There was no info about that. I hope they'll let her go, Russia has enough promising girls.
    Last edited by Eris; 08-06-2012 at 07:04 AM.

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Agafanova is in juniors for 4 seasons if not more, it is ridiculous.
    Three seasons. From 2009/10 (when her age became Junior) to 2011/12. Now is 4th.

    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Nevertheless they sent her instead of Shelepen at Worlds, after a gazilion test skates, thats why I put her in A level skaters, although I dont really find her special.
    Makarova has "advantage of being well known". So main part of difference between 9th place of Makarova and 19th of Korobeyinkova in Worlds-2012 is because of this advantage (and all this difference in FS - 14th place Makarova 19th Korobeyinkova is because of it, not because better skating of Makarova, her skating in FS was not better).
    Shelepen is not stable enough, so it was a risk to have two not wery good skatings (like Korobeyinkova in Worlds). If so, it would be only two places for Ladies on pre-Olympic WC-2013 (where nuber of places for Sochi Olympics will be determined).

    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Thats bad to hear, what serious ilness??..
    Rosa SHEVELEVA - problem with backbone. I'm not a doctor, so I do not know medical aspect. Doctors tell that it is permanent.

  6. #51
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Shelepen is not stable enough, so it was a risk to have two not wery good skatings (like Korobeyinkova in Worlds).
    All the Shelepen's free programs from last season were WAY better than Makarova's. I understand RusFederation's motives but that decision is still quite questionable.

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    All the Shelepen's free programs from last season were WAY better than Makarova's. I understand RusFederation's motives but that decision is still quite questionable.
    FS - yes.
    But do you remember her 17th(of 18) place afier SP in Nationals and 12th in WJC?
    Bad SP in debute competitions means low score for FS. Polina was not debutant in WJC, but in WC she would be.

    Makarova's SP was good enough in season.

    Makarova 4 times in two seasons (twice for Euro, twice for Worlds) in pair with Leonova earned 3 places for Ladies, first after times of Slutskaya and Butyrskaya.
    So she made more than we could wait from her.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 08-06-2012 at 07:44 AM.

  8. #53
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    tokyo
    Posts
    239
    My most favorite Russian upcoming next stars are Alsu Kayumova,Serafima Sachanovichi. Serafima's already a best skater among her generation in Russia while Alsu needs to polish her skating skill and spins to catch up with Serafima,Natalia or Evegenia. But I can't keep my eyes out from Kayumova because she has something. I have no idea what's it call though. She's not an expressive skater nor her performance style is based on ballet right now. I hope her success in next season and many more upcoming season.

    These girls are ineligible to participate in JGP this season,so we can see more improved these promising girls.

  9. #54
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    FS - yes.
    But do you remember her 17th(of 18) place afier SP in Nationals and 12th in WJC?
    Bad SP in debute competitions means low score for FS. Polina was not debutant in WJC, but in WC she would be.

    Makarova's SP was good enough in season.

    Makarova 4 times in two seasons (twice for Euro, twice for Worlds) in pair with Leonova earned 3 places for Ladies, first after times of Slutskaya and Butyrskaya.
    So she made more than we could wait from her.
    Yes, true, and as it has been said by top Russian skating officials, Makarova was indeed USA's gift to Russian skating

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,573
    Ice Dance Kristina BAKLANOVA (born 20 Aug 1997) / Andrei BAGIN (born 18 Apr 1996, his grandfather - Leonid Hachaturov, Head of Coach Council of Russian Figure Skating Federation).
    Coach Alexander Julin, Oleg Volkov, Moscow.
    In pair from 2008.
    2011/2012 - RusYunNat 10th (of 15), Final of Cup of Russia Junior - 2nd. Best Score 125.88 (Junior).
    Members of "Team Russia" from season 2010/11 until now.

    Photo http://www.fskate.ru/photos/image14133.jpg

    Videos
    Short Dance Feb 2012 Final of Cup of Russia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Kquf1ELXE
    Free Dance Feb 2012 Final of Cup of Russia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGkB6lvAvSw

    ISU JGP Courchevel 2012 Substitute Entry

  11. #56
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by ayayukiituka View Post
    My most favorite Russian upcoming next stars are Alsu Kayumova,Serafima Sachanovichi. Serafima's already a best skater among her generation in Russia while Alsu needs to polish her skating skill and spins to catch up with Serafima,Natalia or Evegenia. But I can't keep my eyes out from Kayumova because she has something. I have no idea what's it call though. She's not an expressive skater nor her performance style is based on ballet right now. I hope her success in next season and many more upcoming season.

    These girls are ineligible to participate in JGP this season,so we can see more improved these promising girls.
    Correctly - Serafima SAKHANOVICH, so is she called in official protocol.
    She is now "best of born in 2000" and "best of future 2013/2014 Juinors".
    There is info (not tested, so I do't know is it true) that she landed 4T (not in competition). Her 3S+3T+3T (in competition) is absolutely true.
    Info & videos http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post652477

    Second of "best of future 2013/2014 Juinors" (or more correctly "one of two best") is Evgenia Medvedeva.

    Alsu Kajumova (I don't know what is her correct name in English because she newer took place in international competitions and I can't see it in protocol) is good but "2nd value star'.
    Her nation is Tatar (Moscow Tatar, who some generations live in Moscow).

    Natalia OGORELTSEVA (it is correct name from official protocol) unfortunately has problems of growing (she is much taller than an year ago). She tries 3Lo+3Lo (and sometimes lands it without underrotations), but her skating in 2011/12 was not so good as in 2010/2011. I don't want to write many about her now, when situation is not simple.

  12. #57
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    807
    Just wanted to say, thank you very much about the info about all those very talented junior skaters. It is amazing how much young talent you have there in Russia.

    Any news about Gosviani? I saw her skating about a year or two ago and she looked so promising, and suddenly no news about her. What's the problem? Any injury, or did she grew and lost her jumps?

  13. #58
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    807
    sorry, double post

  14. #59
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Yes, true, and as it has been said by top Russian skating officials, Makarova was indeed USA's gift to Russian skating

    If you are so generous, what about giving us one talented lady? It is not like if Russia needs it and you gave them one...

  15. #60
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,141
    Does anyone know when the Russian equivalent of Champs Camp will take place?

    Always exciting to see the new programs when they get posted. Such an over abundance of talent in ladies especially, amongst such young athletes. I am particularly keen to see how they are all developing.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •