Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 - 2013 Russian skaters, rules, and events

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Evgenia View Post
    When did Mishin think he wants to adopt Misha? He doesn't look so talented boy now (sorry). Mikhail hadn't living parents in Pitersburg?
    When Mikhail was about 7-8 years old, AFAIR.
    He was one of most talented male skaters in St.Petersburg of his age, and is by now.
    Russian male junior skaters are not of highest lewel, so between them Mikhail is good.
    He lands 3A+2T, it's a good level for junior. Only 6 of Juniors at RusYunNat-2012 landed 3A, two of them aren't juniors at this season (became 19 years old before 01 Jul 2012).

His parents live in St.Betersburg, family is poor with many children.

If comparing junior Men and Ladies - we see, nyfn Lipnitskaia had score 191,92, between 4th and 5th places of Junior Men.
    If she would perform Men's Program (8 jump elements in FS, higher factor to PCS), her score would be about 216,7 (adding extra 2Lz about 2.5 and higher factor for PCS 22,33). So her score would be between 1st and 2nd places of Junior Men (who both landed 4T, both were at last Junior season, i.e. 18-19 years old).
    You see high level of Junior Ladies and not so high of Junior Men.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 08-09-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Not all that many juniors from any country, in general, have a reliable 3A. It's good to hear Mikhail has a JGP slot (Courchevel).

AlexRus, if you know what the music is for any of these skaters for this season, I would really appreciate it if you could post it with the videos. I will add them to the 2012 - 2013 music thread.

But in any case, all these videos are wonderful, and I thank you so much..
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 08-09-2012 at 05:29 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    AlexRus, if you know what the music is for any of these skaters for this season, I would really appreciate it if you could post it with the videos. I will add them to the 2012 - 2013 music thread.
    I'll write if I know.
    It's no much info about music.

Custom Title
    About "Team Russia".

It is official team, formed by Federaton of Figure Skating for season, based on results of previous season.

There are four levels.

Senior - who had best results at Senior Natonals and Internationals. Because Senior Nationals are open for skaters from 12 years old, sometimes there are "seniors" of age too young even for juniors.

Junior - the same at Junior Natonals and Internationals.

Young Skaters - good juniors and pre-juniors (but not good enough for Junior group).

Reserve - not very young, good but not good enough for previous groups.

Any of these four groups include Men, Ladies, Pair Skating, Ice Dance.

Number of skaters of any group is about equal.

For 2012/13 "Team Russia" includes 119 skaters. It's less than at previous season, when were 143.

Members of "Team Russia" have donations and privilegies, different for grours. Biggest are for "Seniors" and lowest for "Reserve".

Places to JGP Events are divided between members of "Team Russia", very rarely they are given to other skaters.

For example, Ladies 2012/13.
    Senior - Korobeynikova, Leonova, Lipnitskaia (yes, she is not Senior for ISU championships, but she was in this group at 2011/12 being too young for GP, for her good skating), Makarova, Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva.
    Junior - Agafonova, Gerasimova, Medvedeva, Ogoreltseva, Radionova, Sakhanovich, Stavitskaia, Shershak. (We see - Agafonova is old enough for ISU Senior Championships, Medvedeva, Ogoreltseva, Sakhanovich are too young for ISU Junior competitions.)
    Young Skaters - Kajumova, Pogorilaya, Safaryan, Titushkina.
    Reserve - Artemieva, Biryukova, Zaseeva, Valentina Chernishova (not Svetlana Chernishova born 1984, known for ISU), Shelepen.

We see - "Reserve" includes very good skaters Biryukova and Shelepen (who have GP Events), medium-level Junior Zaseeva and not so good Artemieva and Chernishova.
    Sometimes I can't understand logic of Federation.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 08-09-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Custom Title
    I noticed you have there also Dominina and Shabalin in the reserve team. Any reason for that?

What happened to Gosviani?

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I noticed you have there also Dominina and Shabalin in the reserve team. Any reason for that?

It's so that they can continue to get paid in spite of Maxim's inability to skate because f his knees

Custom Title
    Oksana Dominina gave birth to the daughter Anastasia(Nastya), at 02 Jan 2011. Father of the baby - well-known former skater Roman Kostomarov (they live together but are not married).
    Because Russian law refuses discharging from work pregnant women or women with baby less than 3 years old (if she doesn't work in fact, her fee is payed by government's social funds, full fee if baby is less than 1 year old, partial if more), Oksana (with her partner) has her former "work" at Team Russia. In reserve, because they don't take place in competitions.

Nothing.
    She was at "team Russia" at 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 (and had JGP Event at 2010, 7 place, score 118.30), after that her results were not so good.
    Her results at 2011/12 were better than at 2008/09 (when it was enough to earn Team Russia). But needed level become much higher because of new young good skaters.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 08-10-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Custom Title
    Photos of Test Skating next days http://www.ffkm.ru/index.php/compone...le/8-photo/169

Short Dance Juniors http://www.ffkm.ru/index.php/compone...tests12-13/167
    Zenkova-Sinitsin Loseva-Lunin Stepanova-Bukin Evdokimova-Bazin Simonova-Dragun Yanovskaya-Mozgov Popova-Vlasenko Kosygina-Moroshkin Morozova-Jirnov

Free Dance Juniors http://www.ffkm.ru/index.php/compone...tests12-13/168

SP Junior Ladies http://www.ffkm.ru/index.php/compone...tests12-13/171 - Gerasimova, Radionova

SP Junior Men http://www.ffkm.ru/index.php/compone...tests12-13/172
    Kolyada Milyukov Petrov Efremenkov Zuber Samarin Lazukin Smirnov Pitkeev

SP Junior Pairs http://www.ffkm.ru/index.php/compone...tests12-13/173
    Kamila GAINETDINOVA/Ivan BICH Ekaterina KUKLINA/Maxim PETUKHOV Tatiana TUDVASEVA/Sergei LISIEV Bogdanova-Kosicin Vygalova-Zakroev
    Vasilisa DAVANKOVA/Andrei DEPUTAT
    Last edited by AlexRus; 08-10-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Custom Title
    Elena Radionova. Music of SP - from soundtrack of "The Fifth Element".

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thank you

I love the pictures - especially the pairs and ladies. Considering that they have been skating for about a year together, it's interesting how much Davankova/Deputat look like a real pair, not just two random skaters executing elements. So mature and look well together.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Elena Radionova. Music of SP - from soundtrack of "The Fifth Element".
    Yey!She always has music choices I like, she is from few junior russian ladies who dont have Carmen, Kalinka etc etc in her repertoire so far!
    Thank you for photos, Radionova grew up alot!
    Last edited by seniorita; 08-11-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    I love the pictures - especially the pairs and ladies. Considering that they have been skating for about a year together, it's interesting how much Davankova/Deputat look like a real pair, not just two random skaters executing elements. So mature and look well together.
    I hope they have improved their throws. I remember Andrei always coming to a stop as he threw her last season.

Custom Title
    Sports Grades and Titles in Russia.

System of Grades and Titles is unified for all kinds of sports (i.e. hockey, swimming, athletics, speed skating etc, and also figure skating), with minor differences.
    There are three Titles, 2 to 4 Grades, 2 to 4 Child's Grades in all sports.

In figure skating there are 3 Grades, 3 Child's Grades and additional grade "Baby skater".

So from lowest to highest.
    "Baby skater" is given for results of tests (not competitions) for about 5-6 years old children. It is needed to earn Child's Grades.
    3rd Child's Grade is lowest of Child Grades, 1st is highest. Program - only Free Skate, with level of difficulcy growing from 3rd to 1st (for 3rd is needed jump 1Lo, for 2nd 1A, for example). Also skater must perform a test of steps for corresponding grade.

For higher grades program is of SP and FS.
    3rd and 2nd grade - close to Advanced Novice. For 2nd Grade score in competitions must be not less than 65 for Men and 60 for Ladies.
    1st Grade - program is sligthly simpler than ISU Junior. Score im competition not less than 90 for Men and 80 for Ladies.
    Candidate to Master of Sports - program is the same as ISU Junior. Not less than 10 years old. Given for high place in Junior competition (1-10 for RusJunNat for Men and Ladies, 1-2 place for low level). In SP GOE for all jumping elements not less than -1. Not less than 2 different triples, 3+2 or 2+3.

Sports Titles.

Master of Sports - program is the same as ISU Senior. Not less than 12 years old. Given for high place in Senior competition (1-10 for RusNat for Men and Ladies, 1-2 place for low level). In SP GOE for all jumping elements not less than -1.
    Not less than 4 different triples for MEN or 3 for Ladies, 3+3 for Men, 3+2 or 2+3 for Ladies.

Master of Sports of the International Class - only on high results of Internationals. 1-8 Place at Olympics, 1-7 for Worlds, 1-6 for Euro or GP Final, 1-3 for GP Event.

Honored Master of Sports - for very high results of Nationals and Internationals in long enough time. No formal limits what is "very high" or "long enough".
    Correciton: now are some formal criteria. To be an Olympics medalist is enough (or non-once other highest results). Also there are non-formal criteria - "for very hign results and extremely high level".
    In fact limits are really high. It's a title of Evgeni PLUSHENKO, Irina SLUTSKAYA, Domnina-Shabalin.
    There are no Ladies who are now skaters with this title.

Competitions in Russia are performed for all levels of grades from "Baby skater" to "Master of Sports"(i.e. Senior).

For Pair Skating there exist 1 Grade ad higher.
    For Ice Dance - 2 Grade and higher.
    It is because young skaters with lower grades are singles only.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 02-22-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Sports Grades and Titles in Russia.

System of Grades and Titles is unified for all kinds of sports (i.e. hockey, swimming, athletics, speed skating etc, and also figure skating), with minor differences.
    There are three Titles, 2 to 4 Grades, 2 to 4 Child's Grades in all sports.

In figure skating there are 3 Grades, 3 Child's Grades and additional grade "Baby skater".

So from lowest to highest.
    "Baby skater" is given for results of tests (not competitions) for about 5-6 years old children. It is needed to earn Child's Grades.
    3rd Child's Grade is lowest of Child Grades, 1st is highest. Program - only Free Skate, with level of difficulcy growing from 3rd to 1st (for 3rd is needed jump 1Lo, for 2nd 1A, for example). Also skater must perform a test of steps for corresponding grade.

For higher grades program is of SP and FS.
    3rd and 2nd grade - close to Advanced Novice. For 2nd Grade score in competitions must be not less than 65 for Men and 60 for Ladies.
    1st Grade - program is sligthly simpler than ISU Junior. Score im competition not less than 90 for Men and 80 for Ladies.
    Candidate to Master of Sports - program is the same as ISU Junior. Not less than 10 years old. Given for high place in Junior competition (1-10 for RusJunNat for Men and Ladies, 1-2 place for low level). In SP GOE for all jumping elements not less than -1. Not less than 2 different triples, 3+2 or 2+3.

Sports Titles.

Master of Sports - program is the same as ISU Senior. Not less than 12 years old. Given for high place in Senior competition (1-10 for RusNat for Men and Ladies, 1-2 place for low level). n SP GOE for all jumping elements not less than -1. Not less than 2 different triples, 3+2 or 3+3.
    Not less than 4 different triples for MEN or 3 for Ladies, 3+3 for Men, 3+2 or 2+3 for Ladies.

Master of Sports of the World Class - only for high results of Internationals.

Honored Master of Sports - for very high results of Nationals and Internationals in long enough time. No formal limits what is "very high" or "long enough". In fact limits are really high. It's a title of Evgeni PLUSHENKO, Irina SLUTSKAYA, Domnina-Shabalin.
    There are no Ladies who are now skaters with this title.

Competitions in Russia are performed for all levels of grades from "Baby skater" to "Master of Sports"(i.e. Senior).

For Pair Skating there exist 1 Grade ad higher.
    For Ice Dance - 2 Grade and higher.
    It is because young skaters with lower grades are singles only.
    THX! It's interesting. The Russians can do this, because you have many skaters. In my country there are total cca 40 female/girl skater, but dancer, male, and pair, only a few.

Why haven't Navka/ Kostomarov that title?
    Last edited by plushyfan; 08-13-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast